Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199923 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - The Storm Breaks
« Reply #1410 on: June 02, 2013, 07:36:38 pm »

In which you don't explain why you did 3 votes. You go and point at Otto's broken candle instead.

...I'd be detecting evasion, but not after I ask: Why?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 02, 2013, 07:39:02 pm »

Because yesterday we could use Three votes each.

Again I'd point out that the constant rule changes are bothersome.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 03, 2013, 02:12:18 am »

1. Snuffing your white was at YOUR behest. You offered yourself as a test subject so I went along with it. So... Yeah that point is worthless
Snuffing my White wasn't the point at all. It was NOT lighting Vector's Green. You don't seem to want me to point out that you haven't wanted any Green Candles lit.

2. Attacking Okami: Again you have an interesting theory that is wrong in every way. He LIED to the entire town. He stated that he didn't know what his role power did early one, then he went on to say that he always knew what it did. I mentioned how his sudden switch of whether he understood his power or not to be suspicious. Again I stated if he seemed like any of the other players in death I'd vote him back to life. So Point is invalid

So what you're telling me is: "Oh, so what if I lead the Town in blowing our entire Day lynching and debuffing a 3rd Party Alignment Cop, who was conveniently then Permakilled by Scum in the night once his powers were stripped. Even if there's an obvious overlap in my motives and the scumteam's motives, who cares, right? Hey BTW, lets try snuffing Ottofar's White again! Maybe, against all evidence, it'll actually work today!"

3. Not lighting town greens: What town? I don't know who's town and who isn't. The post you quoted shows me voting Dariush to give him more wisdom because he seemed the most town to me and snuffing Ottofar's white because he was basically confirmed scum. Snuffing whites of scum isn't against town my friend. Nor is me pursuing an attempt to give town more knowledge. Please think these things through.
Lighitng Teal is nigh useless, and snuffing Whites is a lynch vote. It's about as useless to the Town as you can get. And these are your consistent choices, rather than granting powers to players which would allow them to oppose and discover the scumteam. In opposition to lighting Vector's Green, which made her a candle cop. And whose Green was also conveniently snuffed by Scum in the night.

4. Evasivness about my role: Ever played mafia before? Show me one instance where a protect role claims just because someone says "Mass-claim time". Again you're presenting some weak points to make it look like you're doing something.
Don't play this card, buddy. I've got years on you.

The scummy part was that you actually DID claim your role. You openly claimed you had a protect power, which would expose you to scum in all the ways that it's dangerous... yet for some reason you didn't want to share any specifics. Almost as though you didn't want anyone to be able to verify if what you said was true. All you were doing was claiming to get suspicion off your back, without providing any substance. That is the textbook case for a False-Claim!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 03, 2013, 02:36:11 am »

As far as how this game has soured, I think the real problem is that there's been far too little in the way of traditional scumhunting. I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but it's a real problem because there's really not much to pull scumtells from. Still, I'm trying to make up for it now.
I think the problem is that we get next to no solid information. Hell, this double-vote of yours is the second time (after my vote-clean) in the entire game when someone claimed a power and it was publicly confirmed by the mod. We even stopped getting understandable smoke trails! Not to mention the whole undecipherable teal message thing.

Meph, could you please resume stating the action that would be performed on a given candle?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 03, 2013, 02:39:15 am »

As far as how this game has soured, I think the real problem is that there's been far too little in the way of traditional scumhunting. I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but it's a real problem because there's really not much to pull scumtells from. Still, I'm trying to make up for it now.
I think the problem is that we get next to no solid information. Hell, this double-vote of yours is the second time (after my vote-clean) in the entire game when someone claimed a power and it was publicly confirmed by the mod. We even stopped getting understandable smoke trails! Not to mention the whole undecipherable teal message thing.

Meph, could you please resume stating the action that would be performed on a given candle?
Did I miss something or did you claim that you did the vote clean D1, because I don't recall you ever claiming it at all.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 03, 2013, 02:48:54 am »

I claimed it, Ford mentioned it on his spreadsheet (which is still in post #10 for convenience of lazyasses like you) and then someone quoted me when asked about it. GARGHBLARGH.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: June 03, 2013, 03:05:21 am »

Extend, because I don't know if we can get everyone in here before Tuesday, and this shit is important.

So, most enemy priests worship only the god of Light, or the god of Darkness. Only a Priest-King of Morasadis can worship both the Creator and the Destroyer in balance. And from history, we know that a Morasadis Priest-King has been involved in attempts to take over our Temple, to usher in their new Golden Age. In fact, this Priest King tagged along with his lackies.

Ottofar is a Priest of the God of Light and Creation. He used to be able to light candles in the night, and gained the power to make his candle unsnuffable (possibly only once per game?). However, his green was permasnuffed, which prevents Scum from lighting candles anymore.

Nerjin is a Priest of the God of Darkness and Destruction. His power allowed him to Snuff candles, which was upgraded to remove wicks and permasnuff them. He may have had a less obvious Day Power as well, possibly one that hasn't been used.

However, they have a 3rd accomplice as well. A priest who worships both the Gods of Light and Darkness in equal balance. The current Priest-King of Morsadis himself. He had the power to conceal candles so they appeared dark while actually lit. This was later upgraded to shatter candles entirely. His Day Power was to enforce Voting Balance once per game... something which Ottofar claimed as his own role to protect their leader.

Our Priest-King is one of Captain Ford, Webadict, or Onyxjew.

Before everyone gets focused on how two candle changes prove anything with Otto gone, I'd like to point out that there were two candle changes with Otto gone yesterday.  The thing that's interesting here is that scum did not hide a candle.  They've shown three actions (two candle changes and a hide) on every night that all scum have been active, and two actions (either one candle change and a hide, or two candle changes with no hide) on the nights that Otto or Captain Ford have been out of commission.

I can't believe I missed this earlier. Once Ottofar's Green was lit, there were 3 Scum actions per night: One candle was darkened, one candle was lit, and one Candle was Concealed. Note that on some nights, only 2 actions went off, because one of the Scum Players lost their Greens. The Greens really are the key, and that's what all our Teal Hints told us again today. Even the cryptic ones:
Per the god-message, I must overpower my foes to pass the test.

Snuff Nerjin Green
Ottofar is already dealt with, don't waste your vote on his White. If we use our second vote for the last scum's Green, we can still win this. I have my own suspicions, but if we review what Scum Actions happened each night, and which Green Candles were snuffed when Scum only did 2 noticable things at night, I believe we can find our Priest-King. If anyone has good old-fashioned scumhunting evidence that helps point the last one out, that'd be spiffing too.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 03, 2013, 03:12:15 am »

Footnote: It's still possible that Ottofar is the Priest-King as well, and that someone else is the Priest of Light. In general, it's entirely possible that I haven't matched Scum Powers and Scum Roles perfectly. But the basic premise holds.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 03, 2013, 03:14:25 am »

Solifuge's follow-up

1. Not Lighting Green: Alright I can see why you'd see this one as scum though I don't agree with it.. The simple fact of the matter is that I didn't feel that lighting green was that important. Going for more information and actual lynches is how actual mafia's played so I figured that would be the best way to handle this.

2. Death of Cult/3rd Party guy: This one is WIFOM I'm afraid but I know what you're getting at and I understand where you're coming from now. I figured he was cult. I still do. As for killing him... He lied to town and was admitted 3rd party. I did what I felt was best for town. But you accusing me of something due to scum's motivation is a lot of WIFOM Solifuge and I can't defend against it.

3. I've already answered this in one and once again you end it with WIFOM. Apologies my friend but I can't defend properly against WIFOM so please I ask you to stop using it.

4. I claimed my role when I felt hiding it further would be detrimental to town. I did claim specifics, I told everyone what i did on every night. I may have done so later than everyone else but that doesn't deny the fact that I've given just as much information as every other player has about their role. This, my friend, is a text-book case of mistaken evidence.

I'll admit I can see why you draw this conclusion. When I look at it through your eyes I can understand perfectly. However you are incorrect and I'll agree to Extend until we can get more people in here.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 03, 2013, 04:00:40 am »

>_> The lore was always important..

I fail to forward those notions properly I see. :/

Extend

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: June 03, 2013, 04:04:14 am »

Oh wait right. Unvote all. Snuff Nerjin's Green.

Because Ottofar totally blew it and all and revealed him (voting for Ford and me? Really?). That, or yer bussing Ford.

Our Priest-King is one of Captain Ford, Webadict, or Onyxjew.
I'd doubt its Webadict but my feelings are ambivalent to him. He won't quit that..err, that.

Reading up.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: June 03, 2013, 05:20:35 am »

Well, that makes sense. The only count I disagree on is that there's probably only two scum, one of them having the power to hide the candles.

*shrug* Unvote all, snuff Nerjin's green, snuff Ford's green. No need to take chances, IMO.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: June 03, 2013, 07:43:35 am »

I'd request you to extend it, Dar. Seems muchly like the last day we have.

Also, wasn't Ford roleblocked D1? Why is Otto offering him up then?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: June 03, 2013, 07:52:57 am »

I'd request you to extend it, Dar. Seems muchly like the last day we have.
Isn't the day end in like 40 hours? But sure why not, extend.
Also, wasn't Ford roleblocked D1? Why is Otto offering him up then?
Absolutely everything Ottofar (who, I should remind you, is claimed scum) says is WIFOM and must not be believed to be either true or false. Any other course of action may benefit the scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: June 03, 2013, 08:22:53 am »

Okay, I can agree with not wasting time on Otto.  And Nerjin looks scummier by the minute.

In other words, I pretty much agree with Solifuge and Dariush's last two posts.

Unvote All
Snuff Captain Ford
Green
Snuff Nerjin Green
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 108