Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199970 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - The Storm Breaks
« Reply #1395 on: June 02, 2013, 11:44:09 am »

Unvotes 1-3 were because I was quitting and wanted to kill myself [in-game] and Web for not finishing through and quitting on the last day. Then your little plan came about and I thought "Wait... That makes a LOT of sense!" Then I got informed that I sorta... misunderstood the plan which was embarassing but the new plan made a lot more sense!

I got over-excited. My apologies.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 02, 2013, 12:10:57 pm »

Unvote all
[...]

Unvote Ottofar White
Unvote OttofarGreen
Unvote FordGreen
...I mean this.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 02, 2013, 12:53:11 pm »

Thats a word. Not a power.
Remember, couple of days ago, there was balance in effect?
Yeah. That.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 02, 2013, 01:13:32 pm »

So... did Okami have anything to do with it?

Why did you do it? What's your wincon, Ottofar?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 02, 2013, 01:36:43 pm »

*Facepalm*

Ottofar White
OttofarGreen
FordGreen

Hello, I'm a fail whale.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: June 02, 2013, 01:48:40 pm »

Still doing a reread. My knowledge of days where I wasn't alive was pretty skimpy in spots. Did an intensive review of Nerjin's posts, votes, and playstyle. More reading yet to go, but it is the best lead I see right now.

Snuff Nerjin Green
On Day 1, Nerjin jumped on the Snuff Soli White / Light Remethura Teal votes... opposing the vote to light Vector's Green. And Scum snuffed Toaster's Green that night... so it seems there's an agenda here, and it involves snuffing and avoiding lighting Town Greens (Link). Once it was revealed that Okami/ZU had an alignment investigate, Nerjin went after him, and just on him... he voiced no other suspicions, and pressured no other players. I suspect this would have pretty clearly looked like a Town Leader or 3rd Part Role to the scum, so it makes sense; he seemed the biggest potential danger for the Scum (Link). He's continued the trend of avoiding lighting Town Greens, and promoting snuffing Whites and Lighting Teals since then (Link). He's also been very evasive about his role; he claimed a "protection role", but was and has been evasive about what it actually did. Which seems pretty silly. And of course, today his first vote was to snuff a bunch of Whites (Link).

As an aside, assuming Scum Greens need to be snuffed in order for them to lose... I notice that Ottofar didn't have his Green lit at start. Odd, if he's Scum.

Ottofar, the facts remain that you kept not getting your White Candle snuffed during the day; why is this? Also, why was your Green lit in the night, as well as your white - presumably as part of the Scumteam's action? And what is the advantage of enforcing Balance, and limiting the candles that Town can light or snuff?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 02, 2013, 02:10:35 pm »

Solifuge: You've got a point about Ottofar's green not being lit at the start.

Vector also said that her inspect actually told her whether or not a candle was related to removing threats from the town, and she got a ping off Ottofar's white. That, along with what you noted about Ottofar's green not being lit at the start implies that snuffing white candles is actually the way to go.

As far as how this game has soured, I think the real problem is that there's been far too little in the way of traditional scumhunting. I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but it's a real problem because there's really not much to pull scumtells from. Still, I'm trying to make up for it now.

Also, I can do this:

Remuthra White
Remuthra White
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 02, 2013, 02:12:12 pm »

Actually, Tiruin, Nerjin... what are your thoughts on Ottofar, considering this fact?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 02, 2013, 02:26:29 pm »

I think we're dealing with a doomspeaker-like thing rather than a cult. If it's a cult, then it had either very slow or delayed recruitment, and if it was cult recruitment causing the high priest to get worse, then you'd think it would get better if we lynched cultists. From the flavor, it really sounds like there's no going back.

Also, Extend, I really want to hear what Vector learned last night from Derala.

Webadict: Since this appears to be the last day, could you please claim your abilities for the past couple days? It's pretty much massclaim time.

Nerjin: Did your ability change today?

Ottofar: Did yours?

Tiruin: What? I don't get it. Maybe they'll lose the ability to change candles, but the storm started while we were flipping Ottofar and Vector's candles on and off. Those candle changes are NOT related to the reason we're about to lose today.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 02, 2013, 06:08:06 pm »

On Day 1, Nerjin jumped on the Snuff Soli White / Light Remethura Teal votes... opposing the vote to light Vector's Green. And Scum snuffed Toaster's Green that night... so it seems there's an agenda here, and it involves snuffing and avoiding lighting Town Greens (Link). Once it was revealed that Okami/ZU had an alignment investigate, Nerjin went after him, and just on him... he voiced no other suspicions, and pressured no other players. I suspect this would have pretty clearly looked like a Town Leader or 3rd Part Role to the scum, so it makes sense; he seemed the biggest potential danger for the Scum (Link). He's continued the trend of avoiding lighting Town Greens, and promoting snuffing Whites and Lighting Teals since then (Link). He's also been very evasive about his role; he claimed a "protection role", but was and has been evasive about what it actually did. Which seems pretty silly. And of course, today his first vote was to snuff a bunch of Whites (Link).

As an aside, assuming Scum Greens need to be snuffed in order for them to lose... I notice that Ottofar didn't have his Green lit at start. Odd, if he's Scum.

Ottofar, the facts remain that you kept not getting your White Candle snuffed during the day; why is this? Also, why was your Green lit in the night, as well as your white - presumably as part of the Scumteam's action? And what is the advantage of enforcing Balance, and limiting the candles that Town can light or snuff?

1. Snuffing your white was at YOUR behest. You offered yourself as a test subject so I went along with it. So... Yeah that point is worthless

2. Attacking Okami: Again you have an interesting theory that is wrong in every way. He LIED to the entire town. He stated that he didn't know what his role power did early one, then he went on to say that he always knew what it did. I mentioned how his sudden switch of whether he understood his power or not to be suspicious. Again I stated if he seemed like any of the other players in death I'd vote him back to life. So Point is invalid

3. Not lighting town greens: What town? I don't know who's town and who isn't. The post you quoted shows me voting Dariush to give him more wisdom because he seemed the most town to me and snuffing Ottofar's white because he was basically confirmed scum. Snuffing whites of scum isn't against town my friend. Nor is me pursuing an attempt to give town more knowledge. Please think these things through.

4. Evasivness about my role: Ever played mafia before? Show me one instance where a protect role claims just because someone says "Mass-claim time". Again you're presenting some weak points to make it look like you're doing something.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 02, 2013, 06:09:56 pm »

It did. No longer can I protect but my votes get counted twice. I already answered this.

A little off topic: I'd like to apologize for my rash behavior the other day.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 02, 2013, 07:06:14 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Captain Ford Green: Ottofar, webadict
Captain Ford White: Dariush, notquitethere, Toaster
Nerjin Green: webadict, Solifuge, Tiruin
Ottofar Green: Nerjin
Ottofar White: Dariush, Nerjin, notquitethere, Tiruin, Toaster
Remuthra White: Captain Ford, Captain Ford
Tiruin Green: Ottofar

Unless you have been specifically told otherwise, you have 2 votes this day. Two candles will be effected by votes this day.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 02, 2013, 07:13:45 pm »

Unvote all

Alrighty then.

Ottofar Green

Ford Green

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 02, 2013, 07:19:28 pm »

Unless you have been specifically told otherwise, you have 2 votes this day. Two candles will be effected by votes this day.
Oh. Yay. >_>

Tiruin: What? I don't get it. Maybe they'll lose the ability to change candles, but the storm started while we were flipping Ottofar and Vector's candles on and off. Those candle changes are NOT related to the reason we're about to lose today.
Yeah, you don't ask me if my power changed. :I

But we're being too complex here. You think people are influencing the environment via what you say here (Otto/Vec's candles mean..their greens? Their Whites? O_o) If they're not related to the reason we're about to lose--meaning the High Priest getting converted..which I see is weird given that one of the scumteam has claimed 'Unbalanced/hard to win'. He claimed to be of possession of the Balance idea--nobody has countered that.

Secondly:
Neither of us will be able to pull it off.
Unless I'm stupid in my English, this confirms a suspicion I had a loooong time ago. We've got 2 scumbuddies. One of them looks like a level'd Protector, judging by how said person did in Ottofar. By that, I suspect Nerjin or Webadict for their Protects.

Guess why we're voting for Nerjin's Green, huh. But I see your point--if they..somehow can affect stuff by just being alive, then that's real weird. Given the idea of either Ottofar's White, Nerjin's Green/White, what's the options then? [That's primarily what's still confusing me.]

Also, 3 votes there buddy. What's up?

Nerjin
*Facepalm*

Ottofar White
OttofarGreen
FordGreen

Hello, I'm a fail whale.
Why is it that you and Ford don't try to say 'SNUFF (x)'. I'd poke Web on it but he's being grumpy. :C

Ottofar's Green is OUT AND WICKLESS >_> <_<
Dude. Really. Y Ford btw?

Do you think Otto would bus Ford this far?

It did. No longer can I protect but my votes get counted twice. I already answered this.

And you've got 3 votes. AHAHAAHAA. Norly.

2nd scum marked.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 02, 2013, 07:33:02 pm »

I only have two votes. But each of them counts for two in the vote thing.

I didn't realize that Otto's candle was broken. My bad.

Unvote Otto's Green

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 108