Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199960 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - The Storm Breaks
« Reply #1380 on: June 01, 2013, 11:07:29 pm »

Hey guys, we can critique the game after it's over. This is the last day. Lets give it our best, if for nothing else than in thanks for Meph's continuing time and effort. I'm still enjoying myself, and I intend to finish this.

However, I am fuggin' exhausted right now, emotionally and physically. I am flopping onto my floor/bed as I write this. I will do my thing tomorrow.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 01, 2013, 11:10:13 pm »

I'd like to comment on something really quick totally unrelated to the game: I'm not saying Meph is a bad mod. I know for a fact that he put a ton of effort into this and I'm sure he figured it'd be great. Unfortunately in practice it fell a little short. Everyone has a fluke now and again so it's not like I'm saying "I can't believe he thought this fuck bus would be fun!" I'm saying "Well this was a little disappointing but it was a nice try."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 01, 2013, 11:47:20 pm »

Holy..

Holy symbol of Telmorin.

I believe we've found out the answer through all our indecision and griping.

Let me highlight one point.

I hate the changing powers. As soon as I feel like I've learned what I'm doing and what direction the game goes and just before I come up with a brilliant plan to help us all make it out of this damn thing alive... meph changes my power. Well damn... Guess I'll learn this one now. Oh... it changed again... Oh it's the last day and there's a hard-coded time limit?
This.

Give a moment for it to sink in.

Now read on the notion that Green candles correlate to Gods. The Gods giving us power. Now think upon what ZU said (for I believe his honesty). The Gods gave us a riddle. What is the purpose of the Gods here? Check the OP. It sets in on humanity. That they can do.

I'd like to comment on something really quick totally unrelated to the game: I'm not saying Meph is a bad mod. I know for a fact that he put a ton of effort into this and I'm sure he figured it'd be great. Unfortunately in practice it fell a little short. Everyone has a fluke now and again so it's not like I'm saying "I can't believe he thought this fuck bus would be fun!" I'm saying "Well this was a little disappointing but it was a nice try."
I mean, Nerjin got the whole idea, but he's relating it in an OOC way. Ok. Ok. Think of it as an IC view. A priest's use is to delegate to the people the notions of the Gods, however, we've something that is out of context, a brilliant and also a confounding twist.

The Gods gave us powers. Powers to use and to act upon. What happened: Chaos. Why is ZU a 'third-party' and not the holistic good 'town' or 'town-ally'? Because he acts in direct opposition to this matter: We've been relying on the Gods too much.

Your plan won't work Tiruin. The game ends tonight. I do like the idea though.
It will, my friend. It will. Snuff those greens. If there's a way, we can try. The crux of the matter lies in this.

The Gods won't do what humanity can do themselves.

What means is that the HP offers a riddle for humanity to figure out. We've been relying on the God's powers to figure these things out. However, it all boils down to our choices--check our White candle. Either with or without our Green/Teal ones, we have our votes. Snuff those Green candles, and we outnumber scum--they are powerless without Morasidis.

Check the OP. As this is a bastard game (and Mephansteras..) there should also be a reason in context.

Meph: May I PM you and Webadict to at least offer some words of consolation, please? This is not related to Mafia, but on the psyche and emotional factors in general. Please?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 01, 2013, 11:49:47 pm »

Guys, and Vector. I implore you all. In the least, check the OP and focus on humanity in relation to the Gods.

Check and ponder if the Green candles are the best choice here--I'm all open to suggestions. That's my stance on the matter.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 01, 2013, 11:52:56 pm »

Remove the gods... Hell I'm down with that.

Unvote All

Snuff the following greens: Ford, Tiruin, Nerjin

Myself as a sign of good faith that I think this might actually end up saving us.

Tiruin because it was her idea so she should be willing to do the same.

Ford because he was the first person with a green candle I thought of other than me and Tiruin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:19 pm »

Err, I mean in context >_>

Scum were targeting Town Green candles from before. We'd want Town candles to stand.

Tiruin because it was her idea so she should be willing to do the same.
I would, but then that part above speaks. :S

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 02, 2013, 03:18:37 am »

Can we have a vote on kicking Wuba the fuck out of here and getting someone sane in his place? Because he is seriously fucking up the experience for everyone. (preemptive YES)

My theory (I was switching between several over the last few days, but this one is the only remaining that makes sense): scum abilities are independent of their greens. We noticed this by snuffing Ottofar's green and having nothing change. The only alternative is that the scum also gained an ability, either due to snuffing (in which case snuffing greens is pointless), or due to a doomspeaker-like mechanic (in which case yay we lost).

To win, we have either to use abilities or lynch scum (there's also a third possibility, that gods may advice us to do something illogical and outlandish that would win us the game, but I discard it due to its unlikeliness). Since I am apparently alone in voting for the town greens, I will join the scum-lynching camp. Unvote, snuff Ottofar's white, snuff Ford's white.

And guys, please, if Ottofar's white gets a shield again, DON'T VOTE IT.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 02, 2013, 03:35:05 am »

I really think you're being overcritical of Wuba :/

If that's a scummove, its a low move [pertaining to Web], but I'm guessing its IRL emotional pressure doing it..so please lay off the assertiveness on him Dar, please?

Also. No shield..powers changed to votes. Unless yours isn't, Dar.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 02, 2013, 04:28:13 am »

Snuff ford tiruin green

I can't tell if ford is, webadict. And there might be a fourth one. I don't know.

I think it was ford who asked about my ability. The answer is: perhaps.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 02, 2013, 05:34:20 am »

...Hey guys. Look at what's happening.

Otto's scum. Who only speaks now.

Unvote all.

Snuff Nerjin's Green
Snuff Ottofar's White

Hey Nerjin, what's your power btw? Same for you Ottofar.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 02, 2013, 07:03:11 am »

Balance.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 02, 2013, 09:54:09 am »

Thats a word. Not a power.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 02, 2013, 11:07:59 am »

..Meph: If a person has more than the 2 votes of today, can multivoting a person occur? How many candles will be affected today?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 02, 2013, 11:26:54 am »

Unvote all

Alrighty misunderstood Tiruin's plan. Let's give this another go.

Unvote Ottofar White
Unvote OttofarGreen
Unvote FordGreen

I don't know who the third scum is so I'll just have Otto's white for now.

My power is as follows:

Persuasion: Your vote counts as double

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 02, 2013, 11:29:26 am »

...you unvoted 6 times. Ok there?  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 108