Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200236 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 3 - One replacement needed
« Reply #450 on: April 24, 2013, 05:01:02 pm »

From what we've seen, White has a pertinence to life. However, it would make sense for the puzzle to be more complicated than that. Darkness is the opposite of light, so it would make sense for darkness priests to get powers from snuffed candles, since they worship darkness. This theory is a bit old, but I still think White candles affect more than life, because otherwise the puzzle wouldn't be nearly as difficult. I also presume that candles affect different priests differently.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 24, 2013, 05:05:13 pm »

From what we've seen, White has a pertinence to life. However, it would make sense for the puzzle to be more complicated than that. Darkness is the opposite of light, so it would make sense for darkness priests to get powers from snuffed candles, since they worship darkness. This theory is a bit old, but I still think White candles affect more than life, because otherwise the puzzle wouldn't be nearly as difficult. I also presume that candles affect different priests differently.
Hmm, I guess the first sentence pertains to the fact that we've all had our White candles lit D1? I mean, it holds no meaning otherwise if you see if in a holistic viewpoint - did it denote life, or did the absence/presence of light denote life? Look at Sol, then look at Dariush. Unless I missed Sol's God [which I can't remember now], there may be a correlation to your PM/role/worship who you're close to.

Darkness isn't the opposite of light, its just the absence of illumination - like physical forces. Unless I'm getting my Physics wrong.

...And on a side-comment, you seem to only reply when called out on. Why so?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 24, 2013, 05:09:55 pm »

Darkness isn't the opposite of light, its just the absence of illumination - like physical forces. Unless I'm getting my Physics wrong.
In a realistic sense, yes. But in a divine sense, darkness is often seen as the opposite of Light.
...And on a side-comment, you seem to only reply when called out on. Why so?
A combination of inexperience and lack of time. I'm currently here writing a paper.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 24, 2013, 05:14:50 pm »

...maybe a priest is only knocked out when their white candle is snuffed last?

Tiruin: I still don't know what your ability does then.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 24, 2013, 05:20:33 pm »

Crazy idea...but the theory of a one-man scumteam with super powers (like Dakarian's bell-themed Mafia?) and the HP is just giving his guess struck me. I'm entertaining the notion.

"High Priest!" Tiruin says. "Is your guess that traitors are plural mean that there are more than one traitor present among us, or is that just your guess and the actual number of traitors are unsure - like, there is the chance that there is only one?"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 24, 2013, 09:36:04 pm »

Doctors how?

Event Order: The order of events is generally as follows:
    Misdirection
    Role-blocking
    Protection
    Investigations
    Night Kills/Conversions
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 24, 2013, 10:38:52 pm »

Do you still require a replacement? If so... I think I can help solve this puzzle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 24, 2013, 10:45:09 pm »

Do you still require a replacement? If so... I think I can help solve this puzzle.

YESSSS
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 24, 2013, 10:51:25 pm »

YESSSS
YESSSS
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 25, 2013, 07:29:51 am »

Dariush: Do you still have your ability?
No, I don't.
Why did you think your candle wasn't entirely out?
Because 1) So far everyone (Solifuge) with all candles snuffed 'died'; 2) All of my candles were snuffed; 3) I wasn't dead; 4) Therefore, either the first or the second statements are incorrect (since I obviously am alive). Since we now (after Meph's post, that is) see that second statement is correct, we deduce that total snuff != death.

My current theory is that someone who has an ability and gets FCSd loses his ability instead and probably dies the next day. However, since I really don't want to test this one on myself, I call for the good people to bring me back to normal.

Dariush: Why no answer regarding the snuffy candles?
If you want me to answer your questions, at least repost it. I'm not going to go scouring through the thread to indulge your laziness.
Why did you not say anything earlier regarding the changes of the candles, and you. Like, powers/anything regarding the night?[/b]
And what could I say? I know only as much about the candle changes as was said in the thread. All extra info I received is that this morning I woke up and felt that my god withdrew.

Meph: How long was Dariush's candle smoking for?
What. How is this related to anything?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 25, 2013, 08:53:55 am »

Meph: How long was Dariush's candle smoking for?
What. How is this related to anything?
Maybe there was a short window of time where we could interact with it. Tiruin's guess about the scent and smoke being related to the order in which they were snuffed got me thinking about why that would matter.

Also, there is a difference between your snuffing and Solifuge's -- his was during the day, and yours was at night. Maybe you'll collapse at the end of the day.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 25, 2013, 11:54:39 am »

Maybe there was a short window of time where we could interact with it. Tiruin's guess about the scent and smoke being related to the order in which they were snuffed got me thinking about why that would matter.
That's stupid, since 1) I have never seen such a QTE in any Meph's game, and 2) We weren't even told (and neither was I through PM) my candles became completely dead until you asked about it.
Also, there is a difference between your snuffing and Solifuge's -- his was during the day, and yours was at night. Maybe you'll collapse at the end of the day.
Aaaand this makes much more sense.

Come on people, I want to live. Help me out here. :(

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 25, 2013, 12:00:25 pm »

Dariush is a good player and I have no scum leads right now.

Light Dariush White

We need all the living people we can get. Even if this is a delayed death it'll save us time tomorrow.

PFP
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 25, 2013, 12:03:44 pm »

Spoiler: D1 Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: D2 Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: D3 Notes (click to show/hide)

Captain Ford
In post 327 you claim that Strength, gives you an immunity to Vote Manipulation.  Can you explain why your vote was removed anyway whenever the whiteboard was cleared here?

I'm also a little wary that there might be a hidden time limit, such as someone having an ability that gains strength over time. This game could otherwise go on for a very long time.
You were the first to mention the "ability that gains strength over time" theory.  Seems more logical to me that an ability named Strength would have such a property, rather than some vote manipulation immunity that you, demonstrably, do not have.  It's suspicious to me that scum have now demonstrated such an ability.

Ottofar and Vector
When, exactly, did you receive your D2 and D3 advice, if at all?  Summarize the advice itself at your discretion, but I believe the timing is important.

Everyone - Did anyone sleep unusually deeply N2, as Captain Ford did N1?

High Priest - Is Solifuge feeling well enough to join us, or is he still ill from the events of the first day?

Light Solifuge White - I have questions for him.

Light Dariush Teal - Because my advice this morning seems to indicate that we should.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 25, 2013, 12:04:57 pm »

Damn it forgot all about solifuge.

Light Solifuge White
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 108