Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217782 times)

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 3: Bacon And Begging
« Reply #990 on: May 01, 2013, 03:31:57 pm »

I'm okay with voting for an extend as well.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 01, 2013, 03:53:43 pm »

Sure, Extend.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 01, 2013, 04:05:53 pm »

The.

Votecount.Puts. TolyK. At.
1 more vote until hammer.

Extend.

Also of note, you seem to be really hoppy with your votes, Ranger.
You first vote me (TolyK), then TWS, then me again. You can't really decide, can you? Or do you want to be able to later say "hey, I was suspicious of TWS as well"?

In case I die, my projected scumteams:
Vector-Ranger-Tiruin/TWS
Hapah-Vector-Tiruin/TWS
Hapah-Toaster-Ranger
NQT-any_2_other_folks
Bloody hell, mate. You forgot to account Zrk2 into the game. So we've four scum?!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 01, 2013, 04:22:00 pm »

TolyK's bizarre scum accounting notwithstanding, I hope you're all very sure before lynching him as the cost is potentially a lot more than just one dead town.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 01, 2013, 04:33:36 pm »

However, technically, it does. I say "technically" because there's a catch.
That catch I won't say right now, however, it will stop being a catch otherwise.
...So you give everything on the notes of poison, then say there's a catch. Logically, what you say narrows everything to:
> Your first power being a poison - night action, and must be specific at a person which follows the usual poison idea.
> Your second power being an antidote - noted to be specific in its day use. And being of multiple use.
> Your third power, judging by own personal action like, would be an auto, which in all essence, you're being confusing about. The spoiler I asked you was my guess, because you somehow pointed it at Webadict. Which makes sense as a clarification sort of way.

I "made sure that I can prevent a scum multi-kill" by asking Webadict what would happen if scum killed me in a certain state.
You likely understood it as "did an action to make sure that nothing bad happened when scum kills me".

Am I right?
This is a yes. However, certain state? You've different states?!...of what? Of matter?

What is this. Phase changing?! Are you solid, liquid, gaseous or plasma scum? Don't let me go into Bose-Einstein condensate because that's not cool, sir.

It's also the way I talk with my IRL friends over chat. I dunno, think what you want in that respect.
...I get that. But here? Not that helpful...

Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere -
RangerCado - Hapah,
TheWetSheep - Toaster,
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK - Tiruin, Vector, TheWetSheep, RangerCado
Vector -

Here's how I see the count as of the moment. Unless TWS is pulling a bluff, that is, we've only NQT (who is lover'd and cannot vote), and Griffy. And TolyK.

Why aren't you voting TolyK? Why aren't you voting, Griff? Why aren't you saying anything about anything NQT?

Summon planet. You know, Wuba...
Oh wow. You talk about your current...'state', now you're summoning planets. Can anyone get the reference to any major movie or story? I can't.

PPE: Hm. What do you think NQT? The votes seem mostly very sure. Your lack of vote doesn't preclude you from not giving one opinion about it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 01, 2013, 05:08:22 pm »

TolyK's bizarre scum accounting notwithstanding, I hope you're all very sure before lynching him as the cost is potentially a lot more than just one dead town.
...Also, this strikes me as intriguing. 'Potentially a lot more' doesn't seem to have the same effect of uncertainty regarding the effect, other than guessing at the statistics of that effect.

What's up NQT. Why are you asking us about certainty, and why have you been reluctant to post in these past days? What led you to that conclusion?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 01, 2013, 05:29:20 pm »

The thing is, if TolyK is a poisoner, I can see why a town poisoner would legitimately pick me and Sheep. I can also see the scum angle as well.  I just want you all to be sure because if Toly is a truth telling town, killing him would kill at least one other town member, possibly two. Best case, one dead scum. Worst case, three dead town. The stakes are high.

What doesn't speak well for Toly is the fact that he hasn't voted the last two days. Is he standoffish because he knows town are being lynched without his input and he doesn't want to make enemies by putting his vote on other people?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 01, 2013, 05:35:30 pm »

Yes yes about that possibility thing. How are you coming up with it, is my question.
I just want you all to be sure because if Toly is a truth telling town, killing him would kill at least one other town member, possibly two. Best case, one dead scum. Worst case, three dead town. The stakes are high.
Because this is pretty much obvious given our guessing on him--which he said he had something that would dissuade it upon death.

Reasoning?
What doesn't speak well for Toly is the fact that he hasn't voted the last two days. Is he standoffish because he knows town are being lynched without his input and he doesn't want to make enemies by putting his vote on other people?
...Reasoning? I'm partly confused on why town would be worried about...y'know, voting other people who are town unless they're really real real sure they're town.

Other than ask TolyK regarding his vote, why are you putting the notion out like an 'I give question, discuss if need be.' thing.

PPE: Hm. What do you think NQT? The votes seem mostly very sure. Your lack of vote doesn't preclude you from not giving one opinion about it.
Answer too, please.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 01, 2013, 05:55:23 pm »

PFP

Uh, I thought I just did answer that. I'm saying TolyK has questions that need answering about his lack of votes but that alone isn't a good enough reason to lynch him as he, Sheep, and myself might all be town. Sheep or Tiruin would be better lynch candidates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 01, 2013, 06:01:47 pm »

Goodness NQT. I ask for details and you beat around the bush. All I was asking is your opinion on things, and what you think about the general audience, including everyone else.

PFP

Uh, I thought I just did answer that. I'm saying TolyK has questions that need answering about his lack of votes but that alone isn't a good enough reason to lynch him as he, Sheep, and myself might all be town. Sheep or Tiruin would be better lynch candidates.
Hello vagueness. Now I'll waste another post asking you this.

Why?

If he, sheep and yourself might all be town, why suggest Sheep be a better lynch canditate without expounding on the matter; why would I be a better lynch canditate with you saying apparently nothing beforehand, at all.

Ugh.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 01, 2013, 06:06:36 pm »

I will update the vote count eventually, but it's been a tiring day.

But, you get your Extension. Have until Friday.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 01, 2013, 07:32:52 pm »

HOT DAMN, ANOTHER ROLE CLAIM!

It's that time again folks. You're on track to lynch someone that I don't think you should lynch. There are two night kills unaccounted for in this game (three, if Imiknorris's KKK role had any kind of night kill ability). As I've said already, one or more of the scum could be lovers (who can't harm me). Scum might have targeted Sheep night one, if Sheep is telling the truth. If one of the lovers targeted Vector last night and was redirected to me that would also explain it.

But there is another possibility.

As I am an Affection Mage, my night ability is to spread affection for me to one person. That person then can't kill me that night. I didn't claim this before as I believed it would make me a greater target for attack by scum (who might have, for example, tried to safely kill me by leading a day lynch), and the information gained wasn't quite enough to incriminate anyone. But as I'm facing potential lynch-by-proxy, this is no longer such a consideration.

Night 1, I targeted Vector.

Night 2, I targeted Tiruin.

As lovers are not likely to have targeted me on the second night given the public knowledge of its likely failure, this leaves Tiruin as a strong candidate. If she didn't target me, she could have targeted Vector and have been redirected on to me. This is why I think Tiruin is a good lynch candidate. Given Sheep's claim, and the possibility of a lover's attack, Vector is a lesser lynch target (but still pretty suspicious). Sheep comes in third due to being generally suspicious, and suspected by TolyK, who I'm reading as town (but this isn't a well structured case).

Ranger, now is the time to tell us if you were making things up before, because your lies might damage town seriously here.

Anyone else, if you redirected, delayed, blocked or protected any of the people I'm talking about, now is the time to say.

Tiruin, what did you do last night? Can you prove it?

Vector, you claim not to have targeted anyone night one. What did you do?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 01, 2013, 07:52:57 pm »

Vector, you claim not to have targeted anyone night one. What did you do?

I did nothing.  Like I said--I targeted no one.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 01, 2013, 07:58:44 pm »

NQT: I did redirect actions targeting vector to you and vise-versa. I am not lying. I'm trusting you, but i'm gonna hate myself if your Mafia somehow.

UNVOTE, i've come to trust NQT's claims so far but i'm going to take a good check through myself. Can't say much more right now as i'm almost literally walking out the door here. I'll be back in... 2 and a half to 3 hours.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 01, 2013, 08:02:52 pm »

PFP
Tiruin, what did you do last night? Can you prove it?
...I can but that requires Hapah to prove it. I targeted Hapah with a benevolent action last night. It affects his abilities directly.

Hapah get in here.

...Goodness, you always claim when things are busy, don't you. >_>

Also, I have no word that anyone targeted me in either N1 or N2. Ever.

...You know, at this rate, I really believe we're heading into massclaim tomorrow, or today if information trickles in at this rate.

Query: What is your action on your targets, hm?

Reasons for targeting those people? Why are you only saying this now?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 93