Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 218035 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #540 on: April 12, 2013, 12:04:05 am »

What makes you so sure he's going to be alive in the morning, Griffion?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 12, 2013, 12:13:57 am »

Well, I started with the assumption that the mafia are the only ones with NK's and we don't have a SK, which may be rubbish assumptions, but for all I know are true.  Now then;  neither of their play's are spectacular so far as scum hunting goes, so my guess is that neither of them will be killed in the night.  I did forget to factor in the love thing NQT did, and it seemed at the time UI was a likely target for that (I think he was a vote leader around then), so he has a higher chance of dieing than I originally calculated.  But still, both of the people involved seem to be rather low on the radar as far as targets for NKs go, so I'm working from here on out based on the assumption that both of them will be alive in the morning.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 12, 2013, 12:17:41 am »

And in all of that you have the riding assumption that they're town, but that you're going to question them as to "genuineness" anyway.  Isn't that curious?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 12, 2013, 12:25:41 am »

Would they be at all likely to be NKed if they were scum?

I kinda thought part of the point was that scum wouldn't target themselves (that's ignoring redirectors of course).

My riding assumption is that they'll be unlikely to kill themselves at night if they're scum, and the rest of my argument is why, even if they're town, they probably would be alive in the morning.  So yeah, my argument has that assumption, my original question doesn't need it to be reasonable though.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 12, 2013, 12:31:45 am »

THE MOD IS ONLINE!  SCATTER!!!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 12, 2013, 12:31:52 am »

UI:
Uh... Yeah pretty sure I'm seeing NQT's side of things a LOT more than yours.  Plus wouldn't it make more sense to ask his feelings on the topic in the morning and see if he seems genuine?

Also day seems to be over, we're sitting around the campfire while the elders tell us youngsters of days of yore and give advice for how to live and grow.
Considering he gave no reasons initially I am forced to assume for the moment that he voted Tiruin solely to save his own skin. This is further supported by him selling out his vote so that Toaster could lynch Ford.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 12, 2013, 12:36:23 am »

Yeah... whoops, Griffion.  Need some sleep.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: 14 / ?] Magic Mafia - Periodic Sending of Elements
« Reply #547 on: April 12, 2013, 12:50:20 am »

As the sun makes its last rays hidden, Webadict stands tall after looking at the group.

"As official vote keeper, it appears that Captain Ford is voted."

Captain Ford jumps up. "Thank GOD! I'm out of--" Webadict smashes him over the head with a nearby candlestick.

"JESUS CHRIST, WEB!" yells most of the group.

Webadict searches through his clothes, pulling out random belongings.

"Ha! I knew it! He was a Dark Mage! His evil--"

Urist Imiknorris pushes him out of the way. "Uh... We already know he's a Joy Wizard. What we don't know is if he took Vector's Mathemagem. Which it looks like he didn't."

Webadict's face displays his bemusement. "You know... I'm going to agree with Vector. You're a douche. Also, I didn't know he was a Joy Wizard."

"Actually," begins RangerCado, "I didn't realize I didn't know that until you said that."

Everyone looks at each other. The Soldier notes that it's weird.

Dakarian yells up the stairs. "YOU BETTER NOT BE HAVING A PARTY UP THERE, OR SO HELP ME GOD, THERE'LL BE HELL TO PAY!"

"It's alright, Mr. Dak," says Vector. "We're not having a party."

"Oh, well, thank you for the update, Vector. You're always the responsible one."

Webadict looks at Vector and then at the candlestick.

"I fucking dare you, Web."

Vote Count
------------------------
Captain Ford - Tiruin, notquitethere, Toaster, RangerCado,
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere - The Soldier, Vector, Urist Imiknorris,
RangerCado - Zrk2,
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - TheWetSheep, zombie urist,
Toaster -
TolyK -
Urist Imiknorris - Hapah,
Vector -
zombie urist - Griffionday,
Zrk2 -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, Captain Ford,

8 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday at 9 PM Central.

Captain Ford has been lynched!

Captain Ford was a Joy Wizard (town).

It is now Night. Send in your actions, or you don't action. If you don't wish to action, then SEND ME THAT TOO!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Night 1: Lights Out [1 Replacement]
« Reply #548 on: April 14, 2013, 07:45:59 am »

As everyone gets up in the morning, Webadict makes a ghastly discover.

Someone... has been MURDERED!

"Wuba, you're taking this way too far," says Toaster. "You can stop pretending like people get killed during these games. They're not real."

Webadict, bemused by Toaster's comment, continues. "Fine. No one died. Happy now?"

"Wuba..."

"NO ONE DIED! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?" Webadict walks out of the room and slams the door closed.

From downstairs, Dakarian yells, "WHO THE HELL IS SLAMMING DOORS IN MY HOUSE?! IS THAT WEBADICT!?"

"Webadict just left, Mr. Dakarian." Vector yells back.

"Oh... Oh good!"

Everyone's quiet for a bit, before notquitethere breaks the silence.

"Way to act like a douche, Toaster."

Everyone murmurs in agreement. Even Vector says that it was harsh.

Toaster tries to plead his case, but nobody listens.

No one has died.

Vote Count
------------------------
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere -
RangerCado -
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK -
Urist Imiknorris -
Vector -
zombie urist -
Zrk2 -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, Tiruin, Toaster, RangerCado, Griffionday, Hapah, TheWetSheep, zombie urist, The Soldier, Vector, Urist Imiknorris, Zrk2,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday at 9 PM Central.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:48:40 am by webadict »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #549 on: April 14, 2013, 10:02:35 am »

No one died...  The only information we gained from the night is that we have some sort of doctor OR the mafia can choose not to kill... And we're down a player who was a joy wizard... I feel bad now, i killed the happy guy. Will post more, i need to go look at Ford's suspicions and see if anything pops to mind.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 14, 2013, 10:10:17 am »

Still voting notquitethere for a)tying the vote to save himself and b)selling out his vote to Toaster.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 14, 2013, 10:16:40 am »

I'll start working on my new, updated case on Tiruin. But first, a couple questions:

Webadict: The Soldier hasn't been online since the fifth. Replacement maybe?

Tiruin: The post you found that you forgot to send in, was that all that was in it?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 14, 2013, 10:40:20 am »

PFP - web is up sooo late XD

Zombie Urist - details now, give your case yesterday and what have you to say from Deathsword?

TWS
Tiruin: The post you found that you forgot to send in, was that all that was in it?
...Yes? Copy + Paste > Comodo IceDragon Library link > Preview > :D > Reply.

Why are you asking me a very unverifiable question?

I'll start working on my new, updated case on Tiruin.
Only now, huh.

No one died...  The only information we gained from the night is that we have some sort of doctor OR the mafia can choose not to kill... And we're down a player who was a joy wizard... I feel bad now, i killed the happy guy. Will post more, i need to go look at Ford's suspicions and see if anything pops to mind.
The two most superficial guesses. And you feel bad for killing a townie, huh?

What's up Ranger. What have you to glean from Ford, specifically - and why mention him and him alone here -- Why are you commenting on the kill, as if you're saddened by the idea?

Still voting notquitethere for a)tying the vote to save himself and b)selling out his vote to Toaster.
I see it like NQT wanted to vote me, reason of mislynch on him...then Toaster poked on Ford with the ordinal reasoning...Which means Toaster persuading on NQT then calling it wine, unless I'm getting my semantics dearly wrong.

Toaster/NQT:
NQT//Toaster - reasoning behind that agreement/voting shifts please.
Because it sounded like a pushed agreement. You two could've voted me and sealed it - why didn't you, given that context?

Mod: Flavor =/= anything related to the game other than fun and laughs right?

Tiruin slaps Toaster.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 14, 2013, 11:14:47 am »

First of all, I guess I'm tunneling Tiruin. The reason for this is, I want to get my case heard, and it's taking up most of my time. Once I'm satisfied I've made myself clear, I'll start pressuring others again.

My case on Tiruin: Everyone Read, please!

When I started pressuring Tiruin, it was for voting a lurker while calling others out for doing the same, and for a few other reasons. These reasons can be seen best here.

Tiruin then got overdefensive and called out my suspicion because it was merely found by using the LurkerTracker. She also said she had been suspicious of TolyK then. I asked her about this, since she had shown no suspicion of him in the past. Her response is the most important part of this case. She said that she had typed out a post asking TolyK questions and it had forgotten to submit it, and that was why she was suspicious of Tolyk, for not answering questions. Here's the quote:

And it's only now I realize that my part regarding TolyK didn't send in in any of those posts in between the link and the second-ish vote. :/ My mind was thinking that I did reply to TolyK, and then got caught up with the things in between the post after that and everything in between...

Well, the only thing I can attribute that to is forgetfulness -- he didn't post between that and past the vote; one factor there and the second being forgetfulness itself (in which I'd check if it posted down there) -- that I was mulling too much over Zrk and the rest. Nothing else I can honestly say but that.

I looked at the posts around that period, and saw that Tiruin never so much as mentioned to TolyK these missed questions. In her post after TolyK came back from a long period of lurking, she addressed TolyK a lot, but didn't mention any questions. She didn't mention them in any other of her later posts, either.

Her response to my vote:

I guess I was too focused on the others I was pressing to mention that to TolyK. Knowing the guy, he addresses everything pointed to him so I'm quite unsure how the lack of me saying the missed questions part (semantically) marks me out. The intention of me voting there garners...what?

...And I stand by what I said before. Still unsure how that correlates with the current time. How does this deserve your vote? [Other than forcefully and perhaps shamefully remind me of being forgetful]

Too focused on the others to mention them to TolyK, even though over half the post was addressed to him? Too busy pressuring the one other person you addressed in that post to mention your main reason for voting him? I doubt it.

Now, Tiruin's response to my accusations was well-done. Instead of trying to refute them, she made them seem inconsequential. In fact, let's find all the times where she says my case isn't very important or is a pressure vote.

...And I stand by what I said before. Still unsure how that correlates with the current time. How does this deserve your vote? [Other than forcefully and perhaps shamefully remind me of being forgetful]

Because that's [the post and everything in it] going along the lines of fluff - nothing building into it. While you do say that you've nothing to add to TWS's case, I'm looking at his case as pressure. You've nothing to add to pressure or nothing to add at all. With nothing behind it but fluff and you hopping on TWS' explanation -- while he did start a case, he didn't mention the causative reasons marking that out as scum if that was his intention -- You didn't and jumped on, but I appreciate you putting your time into making a memetic picture than expounding on your post so I'll say it here...

TWS
Tiruin: Okay, I'm not sure how to take this alleged "phantom post". Can you recall what was in it and summarize for us? Also, does this mean your vote on TolyK was not a pressure vote?

I'm a bit skeptical. I'll have to reread your posts around that time and see if they make sense with your story.
Take it as you will, but I'd like you to answer how that makes me deserve a vote above. It was regarding his only post after mine, wherein I was aiming at a conversation and pinned the thought down for later whilst poking at the rest.

Third, if you're talking about TWS then why are you being obstinate about it? How can I not say anything about his case? It is true - the questions didn't happen. What TWS lacks is why they put the person in question scum; while I get where he's coming from (shifting away from my other posts in focus of that one and all - pressure, I'm leaning on), yours seems like "OMG CONCLUSION" right off the bat.
As an example: if Sheep were killed who would be the most likely scum to your mind?  Tiruin, as Sheep is tunneling her, right?  The scum know this is how your suspicions would likely swing and so might kill Sheep just to cause suspicion to land on Tiruin.  On the other hand Tiruin might decided that she could deflect using this fact, and so killing Sheep would off one of the people who is leading the suspicion against her.
This is me being curious, but how does this line of thought mark me as scum? Specifically, if TWS dies, I'm the most reasonable suspect then? Details behind this curtain, please.
He's the only one who looks like he's voting you for a reasonable reason, so with him eliminated there is less likely to be someone willing to construct a case against you.
I concur with you here. What he's not giving is why those reasons mark me out. I mean, it is understandable given the premise of the votes and such, but I'm wondering on how the logic makes sense which outs me compared to everything else I've done (I mean, look at how long D1 was.), seems like that voting for me (And I'm looking at you, ZU) basically ignored my other stuff given. Jumping on the need for assertion (what I get ZU wants) compared to analyzing via conversation.

So yeah, TWS has the only reasonable reason - it lacks definition but it is justified...Still, on that question regarding if TWS dies - no I'm not shooting those suspecting me. It is common fact that whatever is posted is visible to all so anyone can continue the tangent that the dead man leaves.

Why are you thinking along that line Griff? For one who did some astute play early, I'm curious why you've gone onto this tangent in that manner.
(Emphasis is mine)

That's a lot of times to repeat. It feels to me like she's trying to get it ingrained into your heads that my vote and case on her was of very little importance. Now, the last one is the most interesting. She's asked  question about something completely different, and before answering it, repeats one last time that my vote isn't important.

Now, a closer look at one of them reveals something else:
Because that's [the post and everything in it] going along the lines of fluff - nothing building into it. While you do say that you've nothing to add to TWS's case, I'm looking at his case as pressure.
Look at what I said in my case:

Unvote Zrk2

Tiruin: I'm back from reading your posts like I said I would.

Two things make me disbelieve your claim. First:

TolyK: Get in here and post!
You didn't mention your own questions to him. Instead of saying something like "Get in here and answer my questions", you said something that could easily be, and probably was, just calling out a lurker. Now, this isn't very conclusive on its own. But your post after TolyK comes back is very incriminating:

TolyK: Right in your second paragraph, I detect a mixture of sarcasm, and trying to read too much on that little post Vector made. Why?
Tolyk
NQT, what do you think about there being quite a few people here who won't go the "traditional" way (i.e. newbies/foreigners/whoevertheybe)?
It spices things up a bit. I don't think their scum reads will be that different. Do you?
I am bad at reading scum, but books and barcodes are good enough for me. :P
More seriously, I personally do think they will be different. Example? Ranger going No-Lynch Plaza,
'Foreigners'? Pffyeahright. That's just biased, in the lightest sense of another word.

Whats so different with Ranger there? People do think along those lines, yes, so what makes it so different?

After that; Why do you doubt (read: straight out refuse) NQT's offer? What liabilities does it pose? Because you do say afterwards a nice "I think we should wait on it and posibly experiment with it."
 which really contradicts what you said there.

Judging by the votecount and what I've read into so far, probably Ranger or NQT, with a chance of Zrk. NQT due to his claim, though I think we should wait on it and posibly experiment with it. Ranger due to being "different" in his thoughts. Zrk due to the vote record.
...With a chance of Zrk due to the vote record.

Are you even reading into the cases brought on by people or just stating the superficial details? Do you even care where your vote goes?

-snip-

@TolyK: Judging by your words there, you paint NQT as scum, and yet your vote is...? Still on TWS for trivial reasons.
Not a single time do you mention any missed questions. You continue as normal. If, as you say, you were voting for him because he wasn't answering your questions, I'm fairly certain you would have mentioned them. Unless, of course, you didn't ask him any.

The bolded parts make it very clear that it's not a pressure vote, and why I think she's scum. A bit telling that I say I don't believe her when she says she forgot about it, and then she says she sees my vote as punishment for forgetting.

PPE: Good, Tiruin replied to my question. More evidence.
TWS
...Yes? Copy + Paste > Comodo IceDragon Library link > Preview > :D > Reply.

Why are you asking me a very unverifiable question?
This is why:
TWS:... Now I get where you're coming from.

And it's only now I realize that my part regarding TolyK didn't send in in any of those posts in between the link and the second-ish vote. :/ My mind was thinking that I did reply to TolyK, and then got caught up with the things in between the post after that and everything in between...
Any. Posts. Plural. But when I ask her for what I called a "Phantom Post", singular, she gives me one post.

I can't tell from the post that she gave whether it was written at that time or not. Perhaps someone else could look for clues? I don't have time now.

Anyway. I need to go now. Hopefully this is clear enough, I was kind of rushed.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 14, 2013, 11:31:41 am »

Okay, i got 10 minutes to state my business before i gotta go for 4 hours.

Tiruin: Of course i'm sad that i killed a townie, i was the deciding vote there and ended up hurting the town. I was more sad over the lack of information more than the lack of a kill. I was half hoping someone would have killed a mafia during the night (however unlikely that is on night 1)

Zrk: Where are you and what are your thoughts of the lack of an NK?

Sheep: You make some good points here but you are focusing on Tiruin a bit too much. What are your thoughts on a few other players other than tiruin? As for your case on her, it seems a little shaky but i can't say much on this till i can read more into it.

UI: What do you think of Sheep's case on Tiruin and do you have anything to add to this?

more later, need to go out for a bit.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 93