Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217905 times)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #525 on: April 11, 2013, 09:17:56 pm »

Oh wait, day ends basically now. Guess I won't get a post in. I will say this, though, in response to Tiruin. My vote on you is most certainly a "You are Scum" vote. Don't have time to explain now.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 11, 2013, 09:27:51 pm »

Listed in order:
> OMGUS lies in voting another person for the sole reason in that they voted you. I had a reason in which the context lies in Ford's post. While he did have a buildup (a hint of leading onto me,) it was mostly a 'meh' case. I noted the shift into overdrive and am now...quite confused at why he voted me in the firstplace. It's meh all over the board here. But at least his explanations have more footing than ZU's...which leads me to wonder if he just did that for the response -- didn't say anything regarding my response though.
> The first sentence was in response to "good reasoning", there I thought he was pointing at my reason given to TWS - forgetfulness. I can't for the love of me see any other reason than that.
> ...Adding pressure seems like flattering the post he did. Because I didn't see that as anything regarding town's weapon (pressure in regard with the threat of a lynch) because it didn't hold any. It came off just like ZU's did at the time - a vote with blank or ulterior intentions.
> I am not Glados...nor anything related to her.
> It lies in the context. Zrk's reasoning was "If lurkers lurk D1, and live in D2, they will continue lurking". While that does make sense, I'm pretty sure people would get concerned in the least after some time mulling over the thread. I mean, really - considering his valuing lurkers over any given case in the day -- it's too early to go lynching lurkers IMO -- seems pretty much like a...cop out, to use his words? Not that practical in these situations.
> Fair enough.  It is weird in retrospect.
> Well that IS the only explanation that makes sense.  Especially as you had it on another tab (A bit weird to leave your computer that long, but who am I to judge.)
> And he didn't even take the time to answer my questions.
> You do seem like Cave Johnson IMO though.
> Agreed that lynching lurkers is not a good idea right now.

In general, thanks for answering my questions.  I was having difficulty breaking the mental block I had developed and decided to poke both of you to see which responded in a more elegant fashion.

As an example: if Sheep were killed who would be the most likely scum to your mind?  Tiruin, as Sheep is tunneling her, right?  The scum know this is how your suspicions would likely swing and so might kill Sheep just to cause suspicion to land on Tiruin.  On the other hand Tiruin might decided that she could deflect using this fact, and so killing Sheep would off one of the people who is leading the suspicion against her.
This is me being curious, but how does this line of thought mark me as scum? Specifically, if TWS dies, I'm the most reasonable suspect then? Details behind this curtain, please.
He's the only one who looks like he's voting you for a reasonable reason, so with him eliminated there is less likely to be someone willing to construct a case against you.

Just so I go on the record as voting for him, so you may poke me tomorrow as well.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 11, 2013, 09:45:59 pm »

Edit by post:

Sorry, I meant that you consider a Ford lynch as having my full support, but my earlier statement saying I would stay on Zombie Urist means still stands.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 11, 2013, 11:03:13 pm »

Oh wait, day ends basically now. Guess I won't get a post in. I will say this, though, in response to Tiruin. My vote on you is most certainly a "You are Scum" vote. Don't have time to explain now.
I get the premise, but am still curious on how you see it though. Considering that, is there anything else you'd like to add regarding my case other than me being forgetful? Like, how do the other things factor in?

...And I'm pretty sure that we can post until Web lays down the lock. We just can't shift votes, I think...

Holy cow i almost missed this! Okay, i'm not sure how this is gonna go but from the cases given by everyone, i'm gonna vote Ford. If you guys want my specific reasons, i'll post again, gotta vote before day end... which i thought happened already.
Hows about a "Why", Ranger. There are specific reasons in giving a vote, the answer to the question of a presumed, Why, is expected.

Why'd you unvote then hop onto Ford?

No, Ford is more scummy than you, but I can't get him lynched.
Comparing NQT and everyone else who was near tie-lynch, what was your take on those on death row?

Ok...tbh, I didn't get the context of Glados (having only wiki'd it and not played the game :I) or Cave Johnson either...err, details?

> The first sentence was in response to "good reasoning", there I thought he was pointing at my reason given to TWS - forgetfulness. I can't for the love of me see any other reason than that.
> Well that IS the only explanation that makes sense.  Especially as you had it on another tab (A bit weird to leave your computer that long, but who am I to judge.)
Its hard enough to justify having more than 20 tabs open due to all that literature work I'm doing...I think I've too many hobbies. Anyway

As an example: if Sheep were killed who would be the most likely scum to your mind?  Tiruin, as Sheep is tunneling her, right?  The scum know this is how your suspicions would likely swing and so might kill Sheep just to cause suspicion to land on Tiruin.  On the other hand Tiruin might decided that she could deflect using this fact, and so killing Sheep would off one of the people who is leading the suspicion against her.
This is me being curious, but how does this line of thought mark me as scum? Specifically, if TWS dies, I'm the most reasonable suspect then? Details behind this curtain, please.
He's the only one who looks like he's voting you for a reasonable reason, so with him eliminated there is less likely to be someone willing to construct a case against you.
I concur with you here. What he's not giving is why those reasons mark me out. I mean, it is understandable given the premise of the votes and such, but I'm wondering on how the logic makes sense which outs me compared to everything else I've done (I mean, look at how long D1 was.), seems like that voting for me (And I'm looking at you, ZU) basically ignored my other stuff given. Jumping on the need for assertion (what I get ZU wants) compared to analyzing via conversation.

So yeah, TWS has the only reasonable reason - it lacks definition but it is justified...Still, on that question regarding if TWS dies - no I'm not shooting those suspecting me. It is common fact that whatever is posted is visible to all so anyone can continue the tangent that the dead man leaves.

Why are you thinking along that line Griff? For one who did some astute play early, I'm curious why you've gone onto this tangent in that manner.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 11, 2013, 11:18:08 pm »

Ok...tbh, I didn't get the context of Glados (having only wiki'd it and not played the game :I) or Cave Johnson either...err, details?
There is a rant by someone who is mostly logical in a happy overbearing way about burning life's house down, and that seemed to fit.  It was a little overboard but amusing to read.

I concur with you here. What he's not giving is why those reasons mark me out. I mean, it is understandable given the premise of the votes and such, but I'm wondering on how the logic makes sense which outs me compared to everything else I've done (I mean, look at how long D1 was.), seems like that voting for me (And I'm looking at you, ZU) basically ignored my other stuff given. Jumping on the need for assertion (what I get ZU wants) compared to analyzing via conversation.

So yeah, TWS has the only reasonable reason - it lacks definition but it is justified...Still, on that question regarding if TWS dies - no I'm not shooting those suspecting me. It is common fact that whatever is posted is visible to all so anyone can continue the tangent that the dead man leaves.

Why are you thinking along that line Griff? For one who did some astute play early, I'm curious why you've gone onto this tangent in that manner.
I was trying to give Zrk2 a concrete example of why a night kill is less valuable than a lynch as he was saying all deaths are equal.  I wanted to demonstrate the types of impressions that NK's cause, so I created a scenario in which a suspicion could be cast based on the night kill.  No it wasn't brilliant, but he seems to understand that different deaths provide different information now so I'm satisfied with it.  Please note that I tried to be clear that the analysis falls into wifom quickly.

Truth be told I don't really know WHAT information one gets from NKs, so if you've a better way of describing it I'd love to hear.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 11, 2013, 11:26:42 pm »

Usually none, unless you recognize the kill style (for example, I once figured out that Pandarsenic was scum because he night-killed Org, and only someone really, really confident and snarky would NK Org).  Don't engage with NK data in general, unless you're good at insulating your mind (it's kind of like intentionally downloading a virus).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 11, 2013, 11:30:36 pm »

jeez, where the magic penguin go?

Okay, since i have time now. I voted Ford for a few reasons. 1: He has never really commited to any of his suspicions beyond voting them and either leaving it there with no other information, or getting rid of it within 6-8 hours. 2: What points he has tried to make have seemed either unhelpful, or lacking an interest in the current debating. 3: he hasn't voted, presured, or asked any useful questions, (that i can find while doing a quick skim of 4 pages) that it seems he's just kind resigned to the masses. If he were town, why isn't he defending himself?

As for my unvote, someone posted that UI had requested a replacement. I thought i may have missed the post but if he didn't request one, whoever told me that is gonna need a good explanation.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 11, 2013, 11:32:48 pm »

Yes, he did request a replace.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 11, 2013, 11:33:06 pm »

So... I'll keep that in mind.  I was still right then that lynch data provides a lot more information.

Why with the NKing Org thing?

And Ranger, that was probably me.  Here is UI's replacement request.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 11, 2013, 11:39:58 pm »

Nah, it's not that it provides more information, I think, but rather more safely accessible information.  Which amounts to the same thing in practical terms, but I like to think that folks might eventually be able to read the NK.

What about the NKing Org thing?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 11, 2013, 11:43:07 pm »

Why would "only someone really, really confident and snarky NK Org"?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 11, 2013, 11:44:58 pm »

Because Org is a wreck as a player and basically someone who got to keep playing over the years because we were so fond of his particular brand of unhelpfulness.  Confident because they didn't NK a stronger scumhunter, snarky because Nking Org is ... well, it's a bit of a joke, really.

(No disrespect to Org, should he happen to be reading this.  Miss you, dude)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 11, 2013, 11:46:14 pm »

While he did request a replace, he's still...playing, if nobody is found as of the moment
The replace request is because I feel I can't devote enough energy to this game to play adequately. If I get more free time or the game slows down, I'll probably remove it. Meanwhile I'll be trying to keep track of what's going on just in case something sticks out.

I'm going to have to reread tonight. I just can't handle 350+ posts of Day One.

Usually none, unless you recognize the kill style (for example, I once figured out that Pandarsenic was scum because he night-killed Org, and only someone really, really confident and snarky would NK Org).  Don't engage with NK data in general, unless you're good at insulating your mind (it's kind of like intentionally downloading a virus).
This one, Griff. An NK to any side is usually not something you'd base anything on unless you're quite really sure you've done something to it but IMO, basing everything you've got when you're pretty much unsure about it is unwise.

jeez, where the magic penguin go?

Okay, since i have time now. I voted Ford for a few reasons. 1: He has never really commited to any of his suspicions beyond voting them and either leaving it there with no other information, or getting rid of it within 6-8 hours. 2: What points he has tried to make have seemed either unhelpful, or lacking an interest in the current debating. 3: he hasn't voted, presured, or asked any useful questions, (that i can find while doing a quick skim of 4 pages) that it seems he's just kind resigned to the masses. If he were town, why isn't he defending himself?

As for my unvote, someone posted that UI had requested a replacement. I thought i may have missed the post but if he didn't request one, whoever told me that is gonna need a good explanation.
So I get you're saying he's trying to undermine conversation here with #2? Can you find any quotes regarding them, because the only one I see is the one directed to me.

Also...If he were town, why isn't he defending himself?

He hasn't posted yet and I'm pretty sure he was thinking that there was more time given how he worded that last answer to me here. >_>

NQT
Hell with that scumster. Vote Tiruin.
The other two votes on me are an RVS from Soldier and pressure vote from Vector. There are 14 players. One lynch vote a is not a consensus. Being very busy this last week has prevented me from quality posting and analysis (which I did a lot of as scum in Masons). I don't have a case on Tiruin- I have a case against me not being mislynched.
I don't get it.
Vote Count
------------------------
Captain Ford - Tiruin,
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere - The Soldier, Vector, Toaster
RangerCado - Zrk2,
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - TheWetSheep, zombie urist,
Toaster -
TolyK -
Urist Imiknorris - Hapah,
Vector -
zombie urist - Griffionday,
Zrk2 - notquitethere,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, Urist Imiknorris, Captain Ford, RangerCado,

8 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday at 9 PM Central.

Urist Imiknorris requires replacement.
That was the status of the day since this post.
NQT, your only reason was to avoid the mislynch.
Captain Ford - Tiruin,
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere - The Soldier, Vector, Toaster
RangerCado - Zrk2,
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - TheWetSheep, zombie urist, notquitethere
Toaster -
TolyK -
Vector -
Zrk2 - ,
No Lynch -
Not Voting - TolyK, Urist Imiknorris, Captain Ford, RangerCado,
Then you tied it.
Then...
Captain Ford - Tiruin, notquitethere, Toaster, RangerCado
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere - The Soldier, Vector,
RangerCado - Zrk2,
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - TheWetSheep, zombie urist,
Toaster -
TolyK -
Vector -
Zrk2 - ,
No Lynch -
Not Voting - TolyK, Urist Imiknorris, Captain Ford, ,
It ends up like this.

Ok, what just happened there? NQT//Toaster - reasoning behind that agreement/voting shifts please.

PPE: 3 posts

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 11, 2013, 11:57:45 pm »

Okay, NQT. Why did you vote Tiruin?

Single. Most. Tense. Moment. My hands are trembling. I hope as hell Ford is scum.
The only reason you would have for this tension is if you were scum who thought mislynching would make you look bad worse.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 12, 2013, 12:02:36 am »

Vector:
Because Org is a wreck as a player and basically someone who got to keep playing over the years because we were so fond of his particular brand of unhelpfulness.  Confident because they didn't NK a stronger scumhunter, snarky because Nking Org is ... well, it's a bit of a joke, really.

(No disrespect to Org, should he happen to be reading this.  Miss you, dude)
I see.

Tiruin:
This one, Griff. An NK to any side is usually not something you'd base anything on unless you're quite really sure you've done something to it but IMO, basing everything you've got when you're pretty much unsure about it is unwise.
Yeah, I think get it now.  This is my first night so it's all pretty much a unexplored area to me.

UI:
Uh... Yeah pretty sure I'm seeing NQT's side of things a LOT more than yours.  Plus wouldn't it make more sense to ask his feelings on the topic in the morning and see if he seems genuine?

Also day seems to be over, we're sitting around the campfire while the elders tell us youngsters of days of yore and give advice for how to live and grow.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 93