Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217955 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #555 on: April 14, 2013, 01:46:20 pm »

Okay, i got 10 minutes to state my business before i gotta go for 4 hours.

Tiruin: Of course i'm sad that i killed a townie, i was the deciding vote there and [...]
Waaaait, now that I look back at it, UI tied the vote. And...you're sad that you killed a townie? Uhhuh.

That's really one pointed viewpoint you're seeing things at. Tell me, how deep is that level of remorse in you?

What if you voted someone else and they turned up townie? How would your reaction be? If scum/third-party? Basically - what if you voted anyone else? How would you react - in the same manner as you're doing now?

TWS:
First of all, I guess I'm tunneling Tiruin.
...Yes you are. Since that last vote back there, you were. And your case was understandable - now its just a WoT that I had to read to get out the points :/
The reason for this is, I want to get my case heard, and it's taking up most of my time.
And it is being heard. It's being heard by everyone in-game. What makes you think its not?

Now I perceive you're trying to poke me there, or just overstating my intentions perhaps? Latter idea seems more reasonable (though in the form of an ultimatum-type post)
I'll derive my points from your links/quotes, in order.
1. That was not being "overdefensive", it was being explanatory. I do those things because I was thinking that you misunderstood, so I put down everything I thought in clarification. This is also partly (in a minor way) because of timezones. It's pretty annoying posting and waiting for a reply hours away because you live hours ahead of the people you reply to...
2. About your case, it didn't seem much to me (inconsequential? I guess that's a good adjective for it...not exactly what I would describe it as as everything does have a consequence but anyway) because I was thinking along the lines of "Ok...this was already over, and I'm still questioning TolyK. He's poking at...me questioning TolyK? Um..." > Meaning me seeing your case focused on one thing in the past - me voting TolyK; I wanted to see how me voting TolyK paints me as scum in regard to anything else because that's not much to follow. Does it go along the lines of a vote pattern? Logic/the lack of logic? Fear to vote others/pressure others? A complete an utter lie? It's mostly of an I can't get what your point was.

Meaning: It didn't feel much of a scum case more than a pressure case to me. Either of which, what I felt was that you're aiming at one thing finished - me poking TolyK over the ideal nature of a vote when compared to the information gained from or from the lack of voting through conversational methods.

3. I never said, nor intended to point out that your case was of very little importance; (denouncing others' cases is just wrong...It's a bad sign of communication and nothing I'd do as any alignment/role) hence the fact that I was asking you along the line of "how is this scummy" because for me, you were poking at a past reason - I checked it from a third-party reading mode and didn't see much on how this painted me as scum instead of anything else. That was me getting at your reasoning.

About the last part,
She's asked (a) question about something completely different, and before answering it, repeats one last time that my vote isn't important.
...I was talking about TWS - you. Because Griff mentioned you in response to the hypothetical situation of an NK. I never said your vote was not important. Because right now you're somehow strawmanning it, for the blunt idea of the word.
So yeah, TWS has the only reasonable reason - it lacks definition but it is justified...
is what I said. I understood that, for someone working off the lines on what I said before regarding pressure votes/votes in general, it would be reasonable. I'm saying it was justified because you're explaining it in a precise and matter-of-fact way.

What it lacks is that you're not aiming at looking at what the person has gotten (no questions poking at "Your reads?" or "Anything you've got from the rest/'Not TolyK' ") but aiming at a lurkertracker...or votetracker. That's what I meant by definition. The essence of that case.

Any. Posts. Plural. But when I ask her for what I called a "Phantom Post", singular, she gives me one post.
...And I'm damned because of semantics >_> Ok...What I meant there was that there was nothing mentioned to TolyK though I thought I mentioned it to TolyK.

And to the question of that was all in it - that sounded more like "Was that the complete information?". Unsure how the singular-plural thing goes but that's how I thought it...

I can't tell from the post that she gave whether it was written at that time or not. Perhaps someone else could look for clues? I don't have time now.
Yeah...here's the thing wherein I said that it was hard to justify - you don't know. Nobody knows except for the writer (unless someone is actually hacking into my IP, checking my posts and everything else) due to the fact that the memory storage of these things are local. The forum only records posts given at the time of when it was posted. Text in a reply box - both quick/conventional have no timestamps or any other signifying point.

Questions:
Quote from: In that vote
Tiruin: I'm back from reading your posts like I said I would.
Like you said you would.

Why would you add in that part?

The bolded parts make it very clear that it's not a pressure vote, and why I think she's scum. A bit telling that I say I don't believe her when she says she forgot about it, and then she says she sees my vote as punishment for forgetting.
Yes I got that part. When I said 'pressure vote', it wasn't your intention (because as far as I can get is my read on your intention,) it was how I saw that case; not me trying to explain your stance on me...Unless I'm getting what you're trying to say here. [I think its a pressure vote, and then I'm scum?]

She said that she had typed out a post asking TolyK questions and it had forgotten to submit it, and that was why she was suspicious of Tolyk, for not answering questions.
I was suspicious of TolyK for more than that...Are you ignoring what else I conversed about, or blatantly tunneling?
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 14, 2013, 01:51:08 pm »

-snip-
Good point. Tiruin, I'll be taking a look at you.

Zrk: Where are you and what are your thoughts of the lack of an NK?
Doctor, or the mafia have some sort of ludicrous plan. But most likely a doctor.

Exams begin tomorrow, limited posting is expected.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 14, 2013, 01:54:25 pm »

EBWOP:
UI didn't tie the vote. Mixed the order of Ranger/UI voting as I recalled they were the last ones to vote. Memory isn't good in the early morning...

That, and that Ranger stated he was the deciding vote...

PPE:
-snip-
Good point. Tiruin, I'll be taking a look at you.
Oh I'm sure. You could've done that in the first day - why start now? He's making a clarified summary of it.

...And you use an FoS out of anything you could tell me? Hmm.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 14, 2013, 02:02:07 pm »

I have a theory.

This theory is based solely on flavor, so take it for what you will.

According to the flavor, we are looking for the person who stole Vector's Mathemagem, right?  Now to me this seems like something that only a single person would do (Note that the flavor NEVER refers to our target as plural).  So we have a single scum to find.

The problem is that this is inherently unfair to the scum under normal setups.  Which leads me to believe that we may be facing a cult setup. 

Thoughts?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 14, 2013, 02:06:59 pm »

Doubt it. I've something here that would pretty much destroy that theory right there and then, if intuition holds me correct.

And no. Web says Flavor is just for fun - I'm asking in case we missed the exact wording in our question to him regarding that.

And obviously, it is inherently unfair...Unless we're dealing with a cult just as you said...Which would pretty much be a hell of a game given that its a BYOR with
Toaster
Deathsword -> zombie urist
notquitethere
Urist Imiknorris
Vector
Hapah
Tiruin
The Soldier
Griffonday
TheWetSheep
TolyK
Zrk2
RangerCado

Captain Ford - Joy Wizard: Lynched Day 1

13 people alive. I'm betting at most, 3 mafia with 1 or so third-party (any), but that's just me reflecting on the setup - uncrackable in most cases especially when we've got Dakarian.

...Why is your theory based solely on flavor?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 14, 2013, 02:17:39 pm »

Because the flavor is likely to be the only indication we'd have of the game being non standard?  And we know that the flavor is based at least on our roles it might not correspond directly though, which is why I'm being cautious.

I'm also unsure what size of game makes sense for there to be a cult game.  Would you happen to know?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 14, 2013, 02:20:05 pm »

....Nope.

Wasn't it pretty obvious that by the game being a Bring Your Own Role meaning non standard already? I mean, the flavor is fun and all, and I'm pretty much expecting the flavor shifting to what we do, but I doubt that our BOLDED AND ITALICIZED flavor-actions would effect any outcome in game (I'd be shocked if it did correlate to a role...because that's the only thing I can think of).

Also, what gave you that idea?
And we know that the flavor is based at least on our roles it might not correspond directly though, which is why I'm being cautious.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 14, 2013, 02:28:48 pm »

Your and my results of our RPing here.  You failed because you're not a scribe, and I'm not doing what I intended.

All that Web says about the flavor being flavor and not effecting the game is;
That was flavor.
I'm not seeing where he says that it's just for fun; unless that's a policy of his I am unaware of.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 14, 2013, 03:15:16 pm »

Actually better person to ask:

Mod:  What is the nature of the flavor in this game, and how does it relate to the actual game?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 14, 2013, 03:39:42 pm »

Actually better person to ask:

Mod:  What is the nature of the flavor in this game, and how does it relate to the actual game?
It's flavor. Are you not entertained?!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 14, 2013, 03:47:57 pm »

Back and ready to answer... 1 question... Okay.

Tiruin: If anyone that i voted for flipped town i would react the same. If it was a harmful third-party (Serial Killer), or a scum, i'd be quite pleased with the outcome. The fact that i was the deciding vote on Ford just makes me feel a little more bad about it due to i could have voted anyone else on this.

My thoughts on the Flavor arguement: Although some things in the flavor that Web rights from our attempts to mess with it could be hints at our roles, i think its more trying to keep it contained within his little story of chaos.

Web: You referenced that? Really?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 14, 2013, 04:06:56 pm »

Doubt it. I've something here that would pretty much destroy that theory right there and then, if intuition holds me correct.

So what do you have on my theory again?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 14, 2013, 04:12:43 pm »

Hmm... RangerCado feels suspicious, but I'm leaning 3rd party rather than scum.

Tiruin is obviously still scummy and I will get a better post together after my midterm tomorrow, but for now
Why do you call BYOR a "nonstandard" game? What constitutes a "standard" game?

Toaster feels slightly scummy for pushing the Ford lynch.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #568 on: April 14, 2013, 04:34:03 pm »

Bah, deleted my post detailing why Tiruin. After going through your posts though I do agree with TWS.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 14, 2013, 04:53:57 pm »

Tiruin: Forgot to vote you in my WoT. Anyway:

First of all, perhaps I didn't make this clear enough:

The reason I'm voting you is that I think you lied. I don't think you actually wrote that post to TolyK.
There's other stuff, but that's the main thing.

The reason for this is, I want to get my case heard, and it's taking up most of my time.
And it is being heard. It's being heard by everyone in-game. What makes you think its not?
Sorry, a better word would be understood. I felt like my last explanation was misunderstood because you told everyone it was a pressure vote.

She said that she had typed out a post asking TolyK questions and it had forgotten to submit it, and that was why she was suspicious of Tolyk, for not answering questions.
I was suspicious of TolyK for more than that...Are you ignoring what else I conversed about, or blatantly tunneling?
Hmm?
1. ...Yeah, that's the reason I re-voted him. I did think that I posted a reply to his post and thus went on to re-vote him due to the lack of answer to it...only to find that the thing didn't post.
If there's other stuff you mentioned, would you please quote/link it? I'm meaning main reasons, not little additional stuff.

About the last part,
She's asked (a) question about something completely different, and before answering it, repeats one last time that my vote isn't important.
...I was talking about TWS - you. Because Griff mentioned you in response to the hypothetical situation of an NK. I never said your vote was not important. Because right now you're somehow strawmanning it, for the blunt idea of the word.
I know the question was about me. But what you replied with first was not the point of the question. You took a bit out, "reasonable reason", and answered that as well as the question. I'm not saying that in itself is scummy. I'm saying repeating it seven times is.

Re: Didn't say case was not important -- Yeah, I mean you made my case seem like it was just a harsh reminder, not something that actually made you scummy. I feel like my first case on you made it quite clear that it was a you-are-scum vote.

Questions:
Quote from: In that vote
Tiruin: I'm back from reading your posts like I said I would.
Like you said you would.

Why would you add in that part?
Hmm? It was just the way I chose to word it. I guess it was to avoid confusion. I like doing that; an example is when you asked me in the BM some questions that could be interpreted a number of different ways, and I answered all the different possibilities rather than ask you which one you meant. I thought it was simpler.

It was just a reference to an earlier post.

The bolded parts make it very clear that it's not a pressure vote, and why I think she's scum. A bit telling that I say I don't believe her when she says she forgot about it, and then she says she sees my vote as punishment for forgetting.
Yes I got that part. When I said 'pressure vote', it wasn't your intention (because as far as I can get is my read on your intention,) it was how I saw that case; not me trying to explain your stance on me...Unless I'm getting what you're trying to say here. [I think its a pressure vote, and then I'm scum?]
Addressed above. Basically, you make my lynch-vote seem like a pressure vote to stop other people from joining a bandwagon.

NQT:
EVERYBODY CHECK DIS

I've got a one shot magic power that allows two people (not myself) to talk to each other in private for the rest of the game. I want all interested parties to say who they'd like to talk to and why. Whoever gives me the best reason gets it. Say something quick as I'm going to allocate some time on Saturday!
You would do the bold part, even though it gave lovers status?

Vector:
Because Org is a wreck as a player and basically someone who got to keep playing over the years because we were so fond of his particular brand of unhelpfulness.  Confident because they didn't NK a stronger scumhunter, snarky because Nking Org is ... well, it's a bit of a joke, really.
Quadressence would like to have a word with you.

Also, I think I may know why nobody died last night. Would you like me to claim?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 93