Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217846 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #510 on: April 11, 2013, 07:44:46 pm »

Hell with that scumster. Vote Tiruin.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 11, 2013, 07:49:23 pm »

Not pictured: Case on Tiruin
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 11, 2013, 07:50:13 pm »

The other two votes on me are an RVS from Soldier and pressure vote from Vector. There are 14 players. One lynch vote a is not a consensus. Being very busy this last week has prevented me from quality posting and analysis (which I did a lot of as scum in Masons). I don't have a case on Tiruin- I have a case against me not being mislynched.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 11, 2013, 07:50:55 pm »

I have a case against a no-lynch when I can break the tie in favor of someone scummy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 11, 2013, 07:52:45 pm »

And I'm more scummy than Ford or Tiruin? Only you think that. Don't be a fool.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 11, 2013, 07:53:26 pm »

No, Ford is more scummy than you, but I can't get him lynched.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 11, 2013, 07:54:51 pm »

Ford.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 11, 2013, 07:55:48 pm »

I'm still at work. Will try to check in before day end, but I don't know that I can really contribute anything right now.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 11, 2013, 07:56:29 pm »

I'll drink your wine.  Captain Ford.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 11, 2013, 08:00:17 pm »

Single. Most. Tense. Moment. My hands are trembling. I hope as hell Ford is scum.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 11, 2013, 08:57:02 pm »

Day didn't end and its 9:20am here.

Ok... Did I miss something or is my timing off?

PFP - Quick breaktime

ZU
1. Weak questions, minimal pressure (up until recently with Ford)
2. No pressure, weak votes, doesn't look like she really believes in who she's voting for
3. General dismissiveness
Oh dear, ZU. Perhaps you never saw that my intention was to scumhunt. There are other ways than being assertive -- making a conversation for one, given the looooong Daytime would be a good start.

Second, it's called sensing the feelings. I do believe who I'm voting in (though it comes mostly off to me as weird than scum...given the wording precluding and proceeding my post there)

Third, if you're talking about TWS then why are you being obstinate about it? How can I not say anything about his case? It is true - the questions didn't happen. What TWS lacks is why they put the person in question scum; while I get where he's coming from (shifting away from my other posts in focus of that one and all - pressure, I'm leaning on), yours seems like "OMG CONCLUSION" right off the bat.

Which means you're stating something from a quick skim. Dismissing everything else I did. Tell me, what is your feel on the ones I've poked on? Does my interaction with them tell you anything?

Real mafia players use 50 posts per page and darkling theme.

I didn't vote to "force a tie" I voted because Tiruin was scummiest. I actually didn't notice the tie until this morning. Also no. Also also, I'm not going to bother trying to account for DS's actions because that would be wifom.
Pff. I use darkling and am quite context with the 35 pages we have right now. Hmph.

Also, that wouldn't be wifom. It would be your opinion.

Defensive much?

Griff
Tiruin:
Ford
Spoiler: Me being a twit (click to show/hide)
OMGUSing?  Your case on him doesn't seem to be the strongest that you're pursuing at the time.  But that could be because a couple lines of your post are unclear to me.

So you want me to lie and give stuff that I can wisk out of the tip of my thoughts, right? That's the only reason I have and I'm not changing it for the sake of "good reasons". My sarcastic voice is laughing in irony at your intention up there.
Uh, the first sentence is a bit unclear.  Are you saying that you've no good reason to not have changed your vote or that you've already answered this question?

Because that's [the post and everything in it] going along the lines of fluff - nothing building into it.
It seems to have been meant to add pressure to Sheep's vote.  Yeah the meme is a bit pushing the bounds of polite discourse.

WTF ARE YOU GETTING AT FORD?! WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR REASONING THERE? YOU'RE JUST HOPPING ONTO SHEEP'S BACKSIDE AND USING HIS FLUFFYNESS TO BOOST YOUR FLUFF!
Quote from: GLaDOS
Yeah! burn life's house down!
Sorry, wrong game.

Precedent is generally quite good at predicting future actions.
Hell no it isn't.
What if anything is better at it though?
Listed in order:
> OMGUS lies in voting another person for the sole reason in that they voted you. I had a reason in which the context lies in Ford's post. While he did have a buildup (a hint of leading onto me,) it was mostly a 'meh' case. I noted the shift into overdrive and am now...quite confused at why he voted me in the firstplace. It's meh all over the board here. But at least his explanations have more footing than ZU's...which leads me to wonder if he just did that for the response -- didn't say anything regarding my response though.
> The first sentence was in response to "good reasoning", there I thought he was pointing at my reason given to TWS - forgetfulness. I can't for the love of me see any other reason than that.
> ...Adding pressure seems like flattering the post he did. Because I didn't see that as anything regarding town's weapon (pressure in regard with the threat of a lynch) because it didn't hold any. It came off just like ZU's did at the time - a vote with blank or ulterior intentions.
> I am not Glados...nor anything related to her.
> It lies in the context. Zrk's reasoning was "If lurkers lurk D1, and live in D2, they will continue lurking". While that does make sense, I'm pretty sure people would get concerned in the least after some time mulling over the thread. I mean, really - considering his valuing lurkers over any given case in the day -- it's too early to go lynching lurkers IMO -- seems pretty much like a...cop out, to use his words? Not that practical in these situations.
UI
Sorry.  Would it help that we've used our last extension already and can't get too much more verbose before the day is forced to end?
I used the searchword "Extended" - found only one; Web's posts on April 8 and 10 pointing to the same thing.

Also
Zrk2
Zrk2
Even more confused now, a lynch and a NK produce the same amount of information?
I think so. Do you disagree?
[answer to the above]
As an example: if Sheep were killed who would be the most likely scum to your mind?  Tiruin, as Sheep is tunneling her, right?  The scum know this is how your suspicions would likely swing and so might kill Sheep just to cause suspicion to land on Tiruin.  On the other hand Tiruin might decided that she could deflect using this fact, and so killing Sheep would off one of the people who is leading the suspicion against her.
This is me being curious, but how does this line of thought mark me as scum? Specifically, if TWS dies, I'm the most reasonable suspect then? Details behind this curtain, please.

Ford
So reaction was what you wanted? What did you glean from it...and why did you unvote?
Can we still extend this...? Because if we can't, this gives a whole new PoV to your post.
- Extensions require a majority vote. This will be limited to 2 extensions per Day, because, seriously, make up your minds already.
...*Tiruin checks back.

I count only one.
 Extend!

Quick-re-search.
We did use it all.

This doesn't look like a scummove to me. Voting - unvoting without any prior pressure other than the target poking back...with the subtext being a reaction-move? Really confusing, and not something I'd see any scumbag do. Honestly, I'm torn between unvoting due to the lack of...well, how he did it. What in the world happened Ford? You unvoted, ok...and didn't move it to anyone else? Like, suspects? I mean, for scum, it would be a truly damning move to mess up because of a votecount, timer and technical rules.

Quote from: What Griffy says
Ford:
It has been over 10 posts of your's since the last time you poked someone.  In that post you ask Tiruin to explain pretty much the same thing as you ask her to in your most recent posts.  Now Sheep has stuck to his line of inquiry building into his case on Tiruin, and eventually getting to the point where he felt justified in voting on her.  You on the other hand, just jump back in without further explanation than, a meta based assumption, and saying that you like Sheep's argument and want to hear more.  (Which I should add, Tiruin seems perfectly willing to give if you just ask her a question, the vote seems meaningless)
The bolded part summarizes my feelings on this.

NQT
Tiruin, explain your vote on Ford.
*Tiruin points up. It was partially pressure/scum vote. Because that deviates from anything Ford ever did - color me confused about what he's trying to do...Day end doesn't make it good enough. He could've added onto the case, but he stated that he had arbitrarily nothing to think of earlier - this gives space for anything he could come up with. He didn't add onto it but gave a reaction which breaks my initial scum-turn-heel on him...

Zrk
Zrk
Ok, let me get back to your main point regarding those lurkers.
Precedent is generally quite good at predicting future actions.
Hell no it isn't.
Why not?
Forgot the exact term but I know this follows the fallacy of putting a subject into one category - then classifying it as a continued action in the future regardless of any other interaction. The last part, you didn't mention but it's implied that you aren't mentioning it even after everytime I poked you about this.

Let me rephrase: Why do you believe such about lurkers given that evidence?

UI asked for replacement? How did i miss this? Unvote I need to check things over before i lay my final vote. 2 hours 20 minutes till lynch
You have suspects, yeah? >_>

@Toaster/NQT
Ok...I get the tiebreaker but...

I'll drink your wine.  Captain Ford.
Wine?

...Then NQT hopes Ford is scum?

Wat.

Tiruin applies her right hand to forehead and sits down in quiet contemplation.

"This is all wub's fault."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 11, 2013, 08:57:43 pm »

...Now I'm beginning to see how Ford manages 1 hour in posting. That took 40 minutes to do. 10am here...  :'(

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 11, 2013, 09:01:49 pm »

3AM here- I thought the game ended an hour ago but it turned out I had daylight savings on my forum time still!

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 11, 2013, 09:07:57 pm »

Sorry for not posting recently. I've been out skiing all day. I might get a post done soon, I might not.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 11, 2013, 09:16:48 pm »

Holy cow i almost missed this! Okay, i'm not sure how this is gonna go but from the cases given by everyone, i'm gonna vote Ford. If you guys want my specific reasons, i'll post again, gotta vote before day end... which i thought happened already.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 93