Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217606 times)

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2013, 11:40:48 pm »

Ranger:
Griff: He has also begun lurking a bit himself, not posting as much as he used to be though it may be weekend related.

Yeah, that was my bad.  I started tunneling Zrk2, to see how'd he'd react and started leaving the other parts to other people; so my post rate became tied to the times he respond to me.  There was also a dearth of people questioning me, which helped cause me to focus a little to hard.

On that note: tunneling is SCARY stuff, does anyone have any pointers on how to avoid that in the future?

Vector:
I was busy all day on Friday coming back from college (etc. blah blah blah) and today my family celebrated Easter.  Weekends count as zero time.  I will post tomorrow, but right now I have business to take care of.
Thanks for the update, I look forward to your analysis.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2013, 11:47:03 pm »

Muchly understandable Vector, here's to wishing you (and everyone else) well! Pretty much busy here too with the family and all.

Try to come up with a way to...stall Mr. Dakarian from getting angry.

On that note: tunneling is SCARY stuff, does anyone have any pointers on how to avoid that in the future?
IC Voice activated:
{Well, first you should try tunneling in spacial lines with a distance of 2 squares in between each other, then build supports every 15th tile to avoid cave-ins. Also, equip your miner with a headlamp, and probably a canary to detect gas lea-

...Oh, the Mafia Tunneling. Firstly, branch out. Be vigilant. The whole purpose of RVS is for conversation, both in the positive and negative way. Now, unless you're pretty darn sure/have a good case against your target, it is best to inquire on others' conversations. I mean, in a forum - there is no shame in segueing yourself into another's conversation (in-mafia) because posting is...pretty variable.}

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2013, 11:58:59 pm »

IC Voice activated:
{Well, first you should try tunneling in spacial lines with a distance of 2 squares in between each other, then build supports every 15th tile to avoid cave-ins. Also, equip your miner with a headlamp, and probably a canary to detect gas lea-

...Oh, the Mafia Tunneling. Firstly, branch out. Be vigilant. The whole purpose of RVS is for conversation, both in the positive and negative way. Now, unless you're pretty darn sure/have a good case against your target, it is best to inquire on others' conversations. I mean, in a forum - there is no shame in segueing yourself into another's conversation (in-mafia) because posting is...pretty variable.}
Thanks... I'll try to keep that in mind.  Ah well, off to read the game again to see what sticks out.  I may or may not post again before I go to sleep.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2013, 11:59:53 pm »

Tiruin: i was more pointing it out but lurking is really no reasonable offence ever on day 1 unless it starts in the middle of the day during a regular week. Sorry if i didn't make that clear... on further consideration, i didn't make it clear at all.

I'll post more in the morning, i need to get some sleep. I ask anyone to give me any questions they feel i need to answer before they place their votes.

Thank you everyone who has helped me through this first day and helped improve my game. I may have had a rough start but i appreciate all the tips. :)

Gah, now i know how Tiruin feels.

Griff: I've kinda done that a bit myself but i think if you catch yourself doing this, try picking 2-3 people who others are under others suspicion and figure out if you agree with it or not.

Tiruin: Yeah, not sure how Darks gonna react to 3 missing people, an unconcious me, and Webadict being here. ;)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 07, 2013, 12:18:46 am »

Solider:
It's been a LONG time since I've seen you around here.  You must have more to say/more to poke by now, please do so.

Sorry, meant to properly spell Soldier.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2013, 12:48:23 am »

Griff:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gonna agree with DeathSword here that Captain hasn't posted much useful (or even of a decent length) in the last 14-20 hours or so. This seems odd as in that time you'd think you would have something to stat.
This would be because I sleep, work, and played D&D in that order, for pretty much the last 3 days solid. Will be repeating it for the next two days, too. (I do not know how I ended up in five D&D games at once. It just happened)

Also, still kind of laid back after the intensity of KotM3. My heads not really here, but I'm poking at Zrk, NQT and the lot regardless. Don't say I'm doing nothing.

I'm also still waiting on a response from NQT.

Also ... bleh ... allergies and lack of proper medication makes it hard to think clearly. Effing doctors giving me the wrong meds ...
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2013, 12:51:18 am »

Also, it's the weekend! How dare you expect me to do work! *shakes fist*
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2013, 12:52:48 am »

Gah, now i know how Tiruin feels.
Where are you basing this off?

I believe I guess what's going to happen soon...Dakarian is not going to be pleased.

Griff:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That was then, without him explaining why he did that >_>

This is now. He seems more focused and pointy, but his reasons...give much to ponder upon.

You're not voting though, Ford?

Also, it's the weekend! How dare you expect me to do work! *shakes fist*
Open the window and examine the outside. How high up are we?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2013, 12:55:17 am »

Aaannnd double post.

Ranger:
RangerCado: 3 votes

Zrk2: 3 votes

Urist Imiknorris: 3 votes
Your numbers are off again, DS switched his vote from you to Zrk.  So keep up the not panicking, and try to get more scum hunting in.

Tiruin:
I mean, you can just log off, then bookmark the quicktopic link and/or view the thread whilst logged off.
Quicktopic link? Unless I missed something, lurking in the Scumchat is rarely seen as a scum-tell.

Griffionday finishes his drink and dispels his glass, then summons a giant mushroom (about stool size) to sit on in preparation for the inevitable.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2013, 12:57:23 am »

Aaannnd double post.
It was when I started; okay?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2013, 01:01:18 am »

last post as i got hungry before bed.

Griff: yeah, i'm not too worried now.

Tiruin: i mean't when your about to post and someone else does before yeah then again after that. i really need to clarfy these things more.

anyway, goodnight all!  ciao
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2013, 01:05:24 am »

Tiruin:
I mean, you can just log off, then bookmark the quicktopic link and/or view the thread whilst logged off.
Quicktopic link? Unless I missed something, lurking in the Scumchat is rarely seen as a scum-tell.
No I meant in regard to the ancient belief on lurking. As scum get a chat link, it leads to another website which doesn't record if you're logged in on Bay12 or not.

Ranger:
RangerCado: 2 votes

Zrk2: 4 votes

Your numbers are off again, DS switched his vote from you to Zrk.  So keep up the not panicking, and try to get more scum hunting in.
Fixed, I guess? Too busy to look back atm.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2013, 01:06:03 am »

TheWetSheep:
UI: Is there a reason you're not posting much?
I have a lot of classwork to catch up on.

Ranger:
UI seems to be after me only for the fact that i started with wanting no-lynch and only gave one reason previously for going after Zrk. He has persisted with his vote despite an explanation of my continued vote on Zrk.
Really? I didn't say anything about your no-lynch. In fact, it contributes exactly nothing to my suspicion of you. I voted you because your vote on Zrk2 remained (and you considered him by far the scummiest person) with no case, implying that you don't care about who you're voting. You literally said that he answered the only charge you had against him, and chose not to question his explanation, yet still rated him a 3/5 on your Mafiameter. Also, I'm glad to see that my voting you is making you nervous - you seem awfully concerned with getting it off you.

Zrk2:
I have had people rub me the wrong way, but so far I have not seen enough to place anyone else on the list. It's a work in progress.
Who, and what are you doing about it?

It's also true. Did you read my post? This isn't primarily a pressure vote. This is a you are scum vote. However, if someone scummier comes along I will move my vote.
Interesting. In the very statement that TWS quoted, you said:

You are either scum trying to ruin the lynch or a totally ineffective townie, and I think lynching either on D1 is tolerable.

That doesn't sound like a "you are scum" vote. That sounds like an "I don't care what your alignment is" vote.

Griff:
Aaannnd double post.
And it is now.

PPE:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2013, 01:36:47 am »

Griff:
Aaannnd double post.
And it is now.

You don't know pleased that coincidence made me.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2013, 11:57:27 am »

TolyK: Right in your second paragraph, I detect a mixture of sarcasm, and trying to read too much on that little post Vector made. Why?
There was no sarcasm in the first part, only in the "extracting too much info from not enough of a sample".
Quote from: Tiruin
Tolyk
NQT, what do you think about there being quite a few people here who won't go the "traditional" way (i.e. newbies/foreigners/whoevertheybe)?
It spices things up a bit. I don't think their scum reads will be that different. Do you?
I am bad at reading scum, but books and barcodes are good enough for me. :P
More seriously, I personally do think they will be different. Example? Ranger going No-Lynch Plaza,
'Foreigners'? Pffyeahright. That's just biased, in the lightest sense of another word.

Whats so different with Ranger there? People do think along those lines, yes, so what makes it so different?
Ranger's the person I've seen/read the most of, basically, which is why I asked.
After that; Why do you doubt (read: straight out refuse) NQT's offer? What liabilities does it pose? Because you do say afterwards a nice "I think we should wait on it and posibly experiment with it."
 which really contradicts what you said there.
I wasn't refusing his offer, I was mocking the tone in which he said it ("All interested parties" etc). If I think of some way his offer could actually be helpful and tested, I'll say that.
It could be "trapped":
 - he could see our conversation
 - he could "warp" communications through that channel (i.e. before a message gets to the other person
Judging by the votecount and what I've read into so far, probably Ranger or NQT, with a chance of Zrk. NQT due to his claim, though I think we should wait on it and posibly experiment with it. Ranger due to being "different" in his thoughts. Zrk due to the vote record.
...With a chance of Zrk due to the vote record.

Are you even reading into the cases brought on by people or just stating the superficial details? Do you even care where your vote goes?
I haven't read much of Zrk's posts, so I can't really say yet.

PPE: TolyK.
Good point.

@TolyK: Judging by your words there, you paint NQT as scum, and yet your vote is...? Still on TWS for trivial reasons.
No, I paint him pink. Or rather, I only say that his proposal is unlikely to be pure.
TWS - ?

Tolyk: My current criteria is for those who are overly-reactive to older posts that have been clarified (atleast by my standards) and yet they persist or retaliate. Zrk has done both and judging from the votes i do believe my vote has some power on him. I'm also worried about my own skin right now, though due to the Inactivity of UI, i think he might be the lynchy this time around. (and yes i don't like voting for those i don't think are scummy to a certain degree) Also, sorry for the text you quoted, i'm still trying to remember i need to break lines twice to spread them out on my DSI.
Hmm... this continues with my theory. But.
"I'm also worried about my own skin right now"
Town really should be worried about finding scum rather than surviving, so pointing out that UI is going to be lynched due to his inactivity which could save you seems more like trying to save yourself from dying first day so that you could use your night abilities. Granted, this is also town play, but to a much lesser extent. Do you agree, Ranger?

Tolyk: Yeah, okay. It's basically the same situation for me.

Quote from: Ford
Also, why would a scum NQT be afraid of losing the chance to use that ability? What rationale would he have for claiming?
If he could see that chat, and people would disclose info in that chat, then he (and the rest of the scum) would have more information. Granted, they can't be sure that info's 100% correct, but it's info.
This thing where people use grayed out quotes after the first yellow quote bothers me a little every time I see it. Though it's not unacceptable. Just a blight on my eyes.

My own inclination is to think that would be very bastardy of Web, but ... I guess that's a totally valid concern. The safe thing to do would obviously be to let him use the ability, and then lynch him.

But I have hard time seeing why scum NQT would reveal himself. Much better to just fire it off and listen in. He could use it to join a manipulable townie and his scumbuddy together, but it would be better to just fire it off at two townies and make them suspect each other on that basis. (Well, actually, I think scum NQT would do his best to behave like town NQT, and this is something town NQT might do. So it's really a nulltell. It's kind of scummy though because it makes people focus on the puzzle and not on scumhunting, but in a closed setup that's not necessarily a bad thing. Just that ... hmm ... it's not a very useful piece of the puzzle).

Personally I would wait until D2 (at least) to fire it off, when I have a better feeling about the alignment of the players and the nature of the game...

... Hmm ... I think I'm starting to see what you're saying.
Exactly. That was the exact train of thought.
It seems like he's figured out what he wants to do now, though, so I guess he'll link some folks up by his own will.

TolyK
Then why aren't you pressing me, Griff?
The others seemed to be doing a fine job without me, and I wanted to focus on Ford.  Then Zrk2 got back to me with a post that felt off.  And then you showed up and started answering questions so your ranking has slid more towards neutral.

I really doubt anybody will take your offer seriously. So, NQT, why put it out there? Were you expecting people to actually participate, since by your tone it sure seems like it.
Why is being watched your main issue?  Would you automatically assume whoever is in the chat with you is town?
Being watched means that you can't completely coordinate. Well, you can coordinate, but your plans can be spoiled etc.
I wouldn't assume anything (ass-u-me is the trick here :P)

Alright, now I see why folks are going after Zrk2. Noted.

So potential lynch victims for D 1:

RangerCado: 3 votes

Zrk2: 3 votes

This is gonna come down to those three who haven't voted on us yet: Vector, Tolyk, and TheWetSheep. (someone correct me if i'm wrong here) We're all good lynch targets to be honest. I messed up alot in the beggining, while Zrk and UI have showed signs of scummyness as of late. All i can hope for now is the luck of the draw.

For what its worth, i enjoyed this game a ton so far, even if i get lynched you guys gave me a lot of tips and i think i'll do much better in later games. Good luck to my... opponents for lynching? yeah, good luck and lets cross our figures that we don't die. (unless your scum, please die for us)
UI is lurking, you did mess up in the beginning but you seem be fine to me, for now. Zrk is being scoped out right now.
Damn, I have one of the deciding votes? Eh, tough decisions...
It's interesting that you're the one who brings this up, and are basically saying "it's OK to lynch me, I understand", though.

Tolyk:
Wow. I guess after typing my answer to the first part, I just forgot there was more. Sorry, TolyK:
I would use it on the person I found most scummy. I like to be sure before I lynch.
Hm, WetSheep, what if the person who you thought was most scummy was already being lynched big-time (by a large margin)? And would you use a role-inspect to see whether somebody is telling the truth (for example, NQT's bold post)?
For the first question, I'd probably inspect one of the most competent players, preferably one who I had a gut scummy feeling on. For the second, if it was one-shot probably not, since I like to conserve things, but if it wasn't then yes.
Alright, then. Unvote WetSheep, you seem fairly solid.

As TolyK is darn busy ...
Thanks. :P
It's interesting. Many people poking at lurking. Lurk lurk lurk, comprises most of what I read in some posts. Why do you people think lurking is an offense in DAY ONE? I mean, you can just log off, then bookmark the quicktopic link and/or view the thread whilst logged off. Do you people think Lurking = Laziness, or that lurking = lack of drive in scumhunting? Because classifying things as "LURKING" doesn't hold much water unless you back it up with the reasons behind it.

I mean really. He's lurking = he's scum for being online? For an extended amount of time, now that's where suspicion begins to grow. For...a few hours? Not that much in the way of conclusive evidence.
Hm. Experiment. If Uri Eye notices that I said this, then he I have a hypothesis. I don't want anyone other than him to answer this, just for the interest. If he doesn't answer in his next 2 posts then I get information as well, and I might pressure-vote him. As I said, I want ONLY him to answer this, don't quote or refer to it until he posts. Alrite?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 93