Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217640 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 1: Let The Magic Begin
« Reply #270 on: April 06, 2013, 01:49:32 pm »

Tolyk:
PPE: Lol, on this page it says
Warning - while you were typing 69 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Ahahaha.
Yeah...why did that take you so long to write?
Well, kinda this:
I take a break for 12 or so hours and 4 or 5 pages appear. This will take a while.
And also the fact that I do not really have much time to coherently do things, mostly just short periods, which is why it took so long.

Quote from: Ford
Also, why would a scum NQT be afraid of losing the chance to use that ability? What rationale would he have for claiming?
If he could see that chat, and people would disclose info in that chat, then he (and the rest of the scum) would have more information. Granted, they can't be sure that info's 100% correct, but it's info.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 06, 2013, 01:55:21 pm »

PFP

Zrk

Scumpicks:
1. RangerCado, as explained above.
2. Hapah, for lurking.
3. TheWetSheep, also for lurking.
So lurking is the only other scummy thing you've seen so far?

I can hardly place everyone on my scumpicks list so I listed the biggest offenders.
So more than half of the offenders are lurkers. Explain why are they more suspicious than anyone else, and explain why lurking is a big offense in this context?

TolyK: Right in your second paragraph, I detect a mixture of sarcasm, and trying to read too much on that little post Vector made. Why?
Tolyk
NQT, what do you think about there being quite a few people here who won't go the "traditional" way (i.e. newbies/foreigners/whoevertheybe)?
It spices things up a bit. I don't think their scum reads will be that different. Do you?
I am bad at reading scum, but books and barcodes are good enough for me. :P
More seriously, I personally do think they will be different. Example? Ranger going No-Lynch Plaza,
'Foreigners'? Pffyeahright. That's just biased, in the lightest sense of another word.

Whats so different with Ranger there? People do think along those lines, yes, so what makes it so different?

After that; Why do you doubt (read: straight out refuse) NQT's offer? What liabilities does it pose? Because you do say afterwards a nice "I think we should wait on it and posibly experiment with it."
 which really contradicts what you said there.

Judging by the votecount and what I've read into so far, probably Ranger or NQT, with a chance of Zrk. NQT due to his claim, though I think we should wait on it and posibly experiment with it. Ranger due to being "different" in his thoughts. Zrk due to the vote record.
...With a chance of Zrk due to the vote record.

Are you even reading into the cases brought on by people or just stating the superficial details? Do you even care where your vote goes?

I take a break for 12 or so hours and 4 or 5 pages appear. This will take a while.

Pin that paper I conjured onto Deathsword's body with a nice "Do not Disturb" in the usual formal cursive hotel-style scrawl.

PPE: TolyK.
Good point.

NQT: What method is that dual=chat going to be handled? IF QT, Does the Mod create the topic? Are you sent a link of the topic?

@TolyK: Judging by your words there, you paint NQT as scum, and yet your vote is...? Still on TWS for trivial reasons.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 06, 2013, 02:07:39 pm »

Wow, I play some civilaization after taking a shower and i get questions to answer... Wait, why is this surprising? Lets get through these.

Tolyk: My current criteria is for those who are overly-reactive to older posts that have been clarified (atleast by my standards) and yet they persist or retaliate. Zrk has done both and judging from the votes i do believe my vote has some power on him. I'm also worried about my own skin right now, though due to the Inactivity of UI, i think he might be the lynchy this time around. (and yes i don't like voting for those i don't think are scummy to a certain degree) Also, sorry for the text you quoted, i'm still trying to remember i need to break lines twice to spread them out on my DSI.

Captain: I have realized this and it has been pointed out that we can get info from a lynch even if its a townie. I think a lynch would be very helpful right now as well due to the reactions of several people.

Currently, my vote still stands on Zrk but i'm open to any asking why, or just some other question. Also, i'm really enjoying messing around with the Flavor. :D

(summons a mini kirby to clean up the un-eaten cakes and makes an MP3 for DeathSword with his favorite songs on it to listen while he thinks)  This is really fun
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 06, 2013, 02:23:07 pm »

Tolyk: Yeah, okay. It's basically the same situation for me.

Quote from: Ford
Also, why would a scum NQT be afraid of losing the chance to use that ability? What rationale would he have for claiming?
If he could see that chat, and people would disclose info in that chat, then he (and the rest of the scum) would have more information. Granted, they can't be sure that info's 100% correct, but it's info.
This thing where people use grayed out quotes after the first yellow quote bothers me a little every time I see it. Though it's not unacceptable. Just a blight on my eyes.

My own inclination is to think that would be very bastardy of Web, but ... I guess that's a totally valid concern. The safe thing to do would obviously be to let him use the ability, and then lynch him.

But I have hard time seeing why scum NQT would reveal himself. Much better to just fire it off and listen in. He could use it to join a manipulable townie and his scumbuddy together, but it would be better to just fire it off at two townies and make them suspect each other on that basis. (Well, actually, I think scum NQT would do his best to behave like town NQT, and this is something town NQT might do. So it's really a nulltell. It's kind of scummy though because it makes people focus on the puzzle and not on scumhunting, but in a closed setup that's not necessarily a bad thing. Just that ... hmm ... it's not a very useful piece of the puzzle).

Personally I would wait until D2 (at least) to fire it off, when I have a better feeling about the alignment of the players and the nature of the game...

... Hmm ... I think I'm starting to see what you're saying.

Ranger: You're going to combine all of his favorite songs into one mp3?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 06, 2013, 02:30:25 pm »

PFP- entertaining tonight so can't answer with quotes prob til tomorrow night. Answers from the top of my head: mod sets up quicktopic, I don't have access (this is something the mod might be able to confirm when you get the message with the quicktopic link). I think I might have enough info to make a choice soon...

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 06, 2013, 02:32:29 pm »

yep, with a 3 seond pause after each song. (that was more for flavor though, i don't know what he likes)
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 06, 2013, 03:09:02 pm »

Ranger: Yeah, it just ... was odd.

Also, is that poem in your sig something you wrote? I only just noticed it.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 06, 2013, 03:14:11 pm »

Ranger: Yeah, it just ... was odd.

Also, is that poem in your sig something you wrote? I only just noticed it.
Yes i did. The first 2 lines and the last one i thought of imediately, the 3rd and 4th i thought of a day or two ago.
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 06, 2013, 03:27:39 pm »

Zrk2:
-snip-
Please respond or at least tell me why you won't respond.
Also: Why do your only two modes of action seem to be "defend against prods" or "ignore the attack and hope it goes away"?

Ranger:
i can confirm this. In the first post from Web in one of the rules hidden by spoiler buttons, it explains that an ability has to say self to affect you.
This reads like you're defending NQT.  Why are you responding here?

TolyK
Then why aren't you pressing me, Griff?
The others seemed to be doing a fine job without me, and I wanted to focus on Ford.  Then Zrk2 got back to me with a post that felt off.  And then you showed up and started answering questions so your ranking has slid more towards neutral.

I really doubt anybody will take your offer seriously. So, NQT, why put it out there? Were you expecting people to actually participate, since by your tone it sure seems like it.
Why is being watched your main issue?  Would you automatically assume whoever is in the chat with you is town?

Vector:
Captain Ford: Uh. . . Web isn't playing?

I'm satisfied for now but I can't reread until this evening.  Unvote.
Come play with us!  We miss you.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 06, 2013, 03:32:48 pm »

Griff: Someone asked if someone could confirm NQT's statement. i just said the answer is in the rules.

Captain: look at it now, i just did a quick change
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 06, 2013, 03:52:55 pm »

Griff: Someone asked if someone could confirm NQT's statement. i just said the answer is in the rules
Fair enough.

Griffionday snags some chips and goes to eat it leaning against a wall; summoning a glass of what appears to be apple juice with raspberries floating in it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2013, 04:24:10 pm »

Ranger:
Zrk: You do realize i posted the rolefishing thing before you explained right? if you did explain once before this, i'm sorry for missing it. Yes i've played rather badly for the first half of this day and have been trying to improve. I do see the merit in lynching at this point but previously it seemed a bad idea to me. Your right about lynching a useless townie not being a huge hit to the Town anyway, but due to the role heaviness of this particular game, we could lose a valuable role for the town. Even if the Townie in question were just dead weight.

[snip]

Scummy:
Zrk (3/5) and
NQT (1/5)
Zrk I have stated why previously...
Let me get this straight: you've read his explanation, have no other case on him, and still find him the most scummy?

Hapah:
UI: I was thinking more Terry Pratchett, but hey, whatever. Are you going anywhere with this?
No, although your OMGUS has been noted.

Zrk2:
Scumpicks:
1. RangerCado, as explained above.
2. Hapah, for lurking.
3. TheWetSheep, also for lurking.
So lurking is the only other scummy thing you've seen so far?

I can hardly place everyone on my scumpicks list so I listed the biggest offenders.
I can't help but notice that you didn't actually answer that question. Have you seen anything scummy other than lurking and Ranger's nolynch suggestion?

Toaster:
Urist I:  Even if you hate RVS, doesn't not participating mean a glut of posts you're not really invested in when it comes time to leave RVS? 
I don't really understand what you mean here.

How do you know when to leave RVS if you're not in it?
I hope you feel silly for asking this.

For most people, RVS ends when they begin to form suspicions. For me, it's the same way - I get serious once I have suspicions.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: 14 / ?] Magic Mafia - Periodic Sending of Elements
« Reply #282 on: April 06, 2013, 04:25:34 pm »

Captain Ford sits on a couch and pouts a bit. Tiruin picks up the tossed-aside paper and begins to write formally on it. Until he realizes he's not a secretary. Or any mage-related derivative thereof! Deathsword can lead his own life.

RangerCado briefly reflects on his past with video games and attempts to summon a little mini Kirby. Of course, as he's never played video games, he fails quite miserably. Instead, he summons forth a miniature black hole.

Roll to Dodge!
Spoiler: Alphabetical Order (click to show/hide)
Hapah is immediately sucked into the vortex. notquitethere and The Soldier are the next ones engulfed. Webadict flails about frantically and then punches RangerCado repeatedly in the face, knocking him unconscious. The black hole fades away.

From downstairs there's a loud banging. "What the name of Alexhans are you kids doing up there?! Is Webadict in there?!?"

Griffionday is leaning against the wall, staring out the window. His actions are slow but sure, as he pretends to eat something. He didn't even notice the black hole. "No, Mr. Dakarian. Webadict's up here."

"WHAT?!?" There is a flurry of movement downstairs.

Vote Count
------------------------
Captain Ford -
Deathsword -
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere - The Soldier,
RangerCado - Deathsword, Zrk2, Urist Imiknorris,
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep - TolyK,
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK - Tiruin,
Urist Imiknorris - notquitethere, Toaster, Hapah,
Vector -
Zrk2 - RangerCado, Griffionday,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Vector, Captain Ford, TheWetSheep,

8 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday at 9 PM Central.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 06, 2013, 04:33:32 pm »

Captain Ford sits on a couch and pouts a bit. Tiruin picks up the tossed-aside paper and begins to write formally on it. Until he realizes he's not a secretary. Or any mage-related derivative thereof! Deathsword can lead his own life.

RangerCado briefly reflects on his past with video games and attempts to summon a little mini Kirby. Of course, as he's never played video games, he fails quite miserably. Instead, he summons forth a miniature black hole.

Roll to Dodge!
Spoiler: Alphabetical Order (click to show/hide)
Hapah is immediately sucked into the vortex. notquitethere and The Soldier are the next ones engulfed. Webadict flails about frantically and then punches RangerCado repeatedly in the face, knocking him unconscious. The black hole fades away.

From downstairs there's a loud banging. "What the name of Alexhans are you kids doing up there?! Is Webadict in there?!?"

Griffionday is leaning against the wall, staring out the window. His actions are slow but sure, as he pretends to eat something. He didn't even notice the black hole. "No, Mr. Dakarian. Webadict's up here."

"WHAT?!?" There is a flurry of movement downstairs.

Vote Count
------------------------
Captain Ford -
Deathsword -
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere - The Soldier,
RangerCado - Deathsword, Zrk2, Urist Imiknorris,
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep - TolyK,
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK - Tiruin,
Urist Imiknorris - notquitethere, Toaster, Hapah,
Vector -
Zrk2 - RangerCado, Griffionday,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Vector, Captain Ford, TheWetSheep,

8 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday at 9 PM Central.

...Please tell me that was all flavor... Because if that wasn't, i think someone just sealed my fate.
[/quote]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 06, 2013, 04:35:05 pm »

That was flavor.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 93