Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: ZRTS - TURN 5 - Desks Suck  (Read 13319 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ZRTS - Turn 3 : Preppers
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2013, 03:26:36 pm »

(( Lol wtf I got a -4 for walking up stairs? Or did I get that after the fall? ))

((That appears to be a -4 for nobody telling you about the stairs.))

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2013, 03:31:13 pm »

(( Lol wtf I got a -4 for walking up stairs? Or did I get that after the fall? ))

((That appears to be a -4 for nobody telling you about the stairs.))

((I suspect it has something to do with...))

Hope zombies can't figure out elevators. Determine and locate some way to destroy the staircases and employ it on all but one staircase. Determine the ETA of the zombies.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2013, 03:51:12 pm »

((Death rule was applied, you could have died if the second roll would've been lower than 4. I told you about the stairs bro !))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2013, 04:18:55 pm »

If you have some room/PTW/Waitlist
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2013, 04:52:29 pm »

Stuff one or two bottles of flammeble cleaning liquid in my other pocket. Grab my spear and go ransack the boss office for weapons primarily, other interesting items secondary.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2013, 05:20:20 pm »

Sounds fun, count me in!
Name: Scyrothe
Starter Item: Large box of crayons
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2013, 05:33:23 pm »

Grab any useful looking stuff, find people making a group.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2013, 05:43:52 pm »

locate food, weapons, water and other useful supplies on the first floor. Estimate when nightfall will be.

Historical note: My tablet interpreted a tyop as me wanting to say I,d search the first Florida.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2013, 07:28:17 pm »

(( Did I even find the lighter I needed? ))

Test my right shoulder and hope it's only bruised and not broken.

(( Well it says think, so I'm taking that as a good roll on this will make it not broken.
I'm no doctor after all maybe I got it wrong. ))
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:56:46 pm by Brood »

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2013, 02:33:00 pm »

TURN 4 - Challenge
The survivors outside are gone. Things are quiet, beside, you know, the constant gurgling and sniffing of the infected. You can clearly see infected looking inside the building. They are waiting. They are planning. They are stalking. A group of dark clouds wander over the city.

How many actions can I have?
Loudly ask what's going on, then use cellphone to call management. Following that, improvise a sturdy bludgeoning weapon.
You phone management and question the situation. You hear heavy breathing and gulping at the phone. You discuss with the operator for few minutes. Apparently the national guard will show up sometime this week to contain the situation. The conversation comes to a crashing end when the operator [apparently] gets assaulted.  [5]

Make crude traps for the zombies on the first floor, mark them so humans don't set them off
You manage to fig out some nail shooting traps. You set up three of them on the first floor and mark them with bulky highlighters. You got slight injuries while testing if they work...[3]

Alright, let's raid this bitch.

We're going to need a backpack for each of us (GLORIOUS FOUNDER and ENLIGHTENED GUARD), batteries (well I started out with this but more would be nice), a slogan, bottled water, foods, and maybe some gasoline if we can get some. Oh, and a lighter. Lots of lighters. Poke people in ribs and ask if they want to come along, too. Weapons optional, look into some kinda polearms and fashion the guard a makeshift silencer if we manage.

I expect the GM to roll for every single one of these, except for the other players part. The dice gods have been challenged.
You manage to find several carrier bags spread across the storage room and handle them out to people. [5]. Your quest for batteries ends in success, you find several packs, granting a total of 230 batteries. [4]. You scavenge the kitchen for beverages and food but manage to find only two bottles of water. Clumsily, you spew some hot oil on your feet while raiding the kitchen. [1]. You fail to find any lighters. [3]. Your politics and great persuading skills manage to convert most people into your group. Five people however are now hostile towards you and claimed the roof. They took some food and barricaded themselves there. [6]. The guard looks at you bemused when you hand him a pipe-silencer before flashing his taser.[4] You manage to attach a kitchen knife to a broom stick to make some kind of..poke poke pole+arm.[4]

Break that elevator.
As you rip the fusebox wires apart the elevator loudly crashes down. This surely made some of the zombies look at the office with certain INTEREST. [6]

"shit."

Look for medical kit on second floor. If I find one do first aid on my hand.
You find a nice, red medikit tucked somewhere on the second floor. You set your fingers boldly and that hurts like FUCK but bandage them sucesfuly afterwards. You won't be able to use your hand for a while now..[6]

Stuff one or two bottles of flammeble cleaning liquid in my other pocket. Grab my spear and go ransack the boss office for weapons primarily, other interesting items secondary.
You stuff your pockets with bottles but they spill as you walk. Your pants are covered in flammable liquid now. [2] Oh joy, the boss apparently has weapons tucked about. You found a pistol of sorts and two magazines for it. [5]

Grab any useful looking stuff, find people making a group.
There are currently two factions in the office. The group barricaded on the roof and the rest. You manage to find a box of communication assemblies.[5]

locate food, weapons, water and other useful supplies on the first floor. Estimate when nightfall will be.

Historical note: My tablet interpreted a tyop as me wanting to say I,d search the first Florida.
You try your best to scavenge the kitchen of all the possible eatable and drinkable object and succeed. [5] [Current time now shown at bottom of post]

(( Did I even find the lighter I needed? ))

Test my right shoulder and hope it's only bruised and not broken.

(( Well it says think, so I'm taking that as a good roll on this will make it not broken.
I'm no doctor after all maybe I got it wrong. ))
You are now sure your shoulder is not really broken but it's certainly BADLY bruised. It really hurts to move it though, so you *shouldn't* do that a lot. [6]

Two survivors join the fray, Scyrothe and Buster Brooks.

The time is 5:00 PM [We'll go with two hours per turn]
Zombie awareness : 45%
[Hidden Roll]

Food : worth 1 week and 2 days
Water : worth 3 days

Friendly survivors (excluding players): 52
Semi-Hostile survivors : 5
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:42:29 pm by Dbuhos »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ZRTS - TURN 4 - Challenge
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2013, 02:46:34 pm »

Straighten up and speak very loudly "It's okay everyone, the management have this under control. As your supervisor, I will make sure that company policy is upheld and we make it until security arrives"

Find company manual

Jury-rig a sword out of tape, chair leg and desk cutter
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:54:09 pm by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2013, 02:53:48 pm »

Head to the second floor and find a mop or similar(Range-wise)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2013, 03:14:36 pm »

"Wait, company policy? There are zombies out there- Yes, I know that term because I watch a lot of zombie movies- and you want to keep up policy? I don't even remember what it was! Or what your name was. Who are you? Don't answer that actually, more pressing matters."

Find mechanical/electronic objects. Try to craft a club out of the leg of a chair.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2013, 03:22:14 pm »

Straighten up and speak very loudly "It's okay everyone, the management have this under control. As your supervisor, I will make sure that company policy is upheld and we make it until security arrives"

PUNCH IN SNOUT TO ACHIEVE COUP

"Listen up, fellas. The management are to blame for everything that is happening right now - trust me, I've my sources out there, I've been working this out for weeks. By my count, we've got three days of water, and we're going to have to last far more than that here. For that, we need to take back to the roof from the CONSERVATIVES, the ones the management sent here in order to trace our every move back to Central. I'm willing to give anyone interested a try in talking them away from it, but if you don't make it work, we need to force them out. Survival's more important than a few moles with delusions of grandeur."

DELEGATE 20 PEOPLE TO BARRICADING THE EVERLOVING SHIT OUT OF THE FIRST FLOOR WITH FLAMMABLE SHIT, WHILE FIVE MOVE ALL THE SUPPLIES WE KNOW TO THE THIRD, SEVEN GUARD THEM FROM THE CONSERVATIVES, AND THE REST RAIDS THIS BITCH. OVERSEE PROFESSIONALLY. ALSO, DID WE FUCK UP OUR FEET, GET OUR FEET FIXED GODDAMN
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:23:53 pm by LordSlowpoke »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2013, 03:23:35 pm »

PUNCH IN SNOUT TO ACHIEVE COUP

((Will react after rolls))

"Wait, company policy? There are zombies out there- Yes, I know that term because I watch a lot of zombie movies- and you want to keep up policy? I don't even remember what it was! Or what your name was. Who are you? Don't answer that actually, more pressing matters."

"I am Vasiliy, I have worked here for the past 7 years. See, the cubicle has my name on it. There is no conclusive proof that those are zombies. This could be a case of mass hysteria, or just another Occupy Wall Street riot. Who knows. What I do know is that we don't panic, and follow the company guidelines for emergency events. Everyone stay calm, and record any accidents and injuries. Please minimize damage to company property."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:27:04 pm by CognitiveDissonance »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9