Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: ZRTS - TURN 5 - Desks Suck  (Read 13585 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: ZRTS - Turn 2 : Patriotism
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 03:29:22 pm »

Get myself a weapon, then rendezvous on the second floor.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 03:34:38 pm »

Look for second floor vending machine. Find a tool, and open it up.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 04:33:40 pm »

Hope zombies can't figure out elevators. Determine and locate some way to destroy the staircases and employ it on all but one staircase. Determine the ETA of the zombies.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 09:54:55 am »

((Oh Spinal_Taper, where art thee...))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 11:30:35 am »

((The mysterious, scary land known as Real Life. I have returned, the worse for wear.))
Lock the door. Go up a level, search for anything useful.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 12:23:11 pm »

Got room for another? If yes...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 01:33:08 pm »

TURN 3 - Preppers
Humanity outside seems mostly gone, gore and zombies rule the street. Lone survivors show up from time to time just to be thrown down and mauled. The survivors inside the office can easily see a small horde forming in front of the main entrance. The dreaded miasma of the bodies creaks into the building, slowly but surely.

Make a quick barrier to slow the zombies before assisting Harold in what ever he does.
You manage to smash apart some desks and pin the props against the wood doors of the entrance. This will slow down the beasts for a bit. [4]

Find a weapon and try to see where the alley leads.
You rummage around and manage to find a lonely short pipe in your neighborly office desk. [3] You also scout the alley a bit, it's a bottleneck that leads to the more poor suburbs of the town. [4]

Well shit.

Recruit guard to LIBERAL CRIME SQUAD. Flag burnings done: 1.

After half a hour of discussing company and guard life with the old man he gets over his frustration and joins you. Still, you feel like he'll abandon you at first struggle. [4]

Look for a lighter then fill a janitors cart with bleach and other cleaning chemicals and take it to the roof.

(( Bonfire anyone? ))
You manage to find the resources needed easily in the storage. As you make your way up to the roof you somehow misstep and fall downstairs. You think you just broke your right shoulder. [1-4]

Pull shards out, find something to wrap up hand with. Then look for less breakable weapon.
The shards seem to have not left any permanent damage. You carefully remove them and wrap your hand with makeshift sterilized bandages.  [6] After you are done with that you manage to find a small kitchen knife. [3]

"Whelp, time for some macgyvering...later"

Take a flashlight and put it in my pocket. Then grab a small crate and stuff it with as many flashlights/flammeble cleaning products as I can. grab a broomhandle and get the crate to the second floor. Sharpen end of broomhandle with my multitool to make a makeshift spear.

You take one of the flashlights, and just doing so you notice a window behind the shelves. Somehow your finger slips and you turn the light on, directly into an infected's face. It stares at you intently before crawling away from view. Fuck...[1] You throw as many flashlights and flammable products as possible intro a box before leaving the room. [3] Afterwards you try to sharpen the broomhandle into a weapon. After few minutes of chopping, you get an almost needle-sharp spear. [6]

Get myself a weapon, then rendezvous on the second floor.
Oooh shiny, the cafeteria kitchen seem to have had a cleaver. Well now it's in your possession. [4] You walk to the second floor.

Look for second floor vending machine. Find a tool, and open it up.
You find a soda/snacks vending machine. You try to crack it open but get really frustrated in the process. You throw a mad punch at it and manage to break four fingers. Cheers. [1]

Hope zombies can't figure out elevators. Determine and locate some way to destroy the staircases and employ it on all but one staircase. Determine the ETA of the zombies.
It takes minutes of frustration but you manage to break all the stairs beside one to pieces. Got a few small cuts in the process but that's that.[3]  Observing the zombie's behavior, you reckon that the zombies will hit the place the moment night falls. [5]

((The mysterious, scary land known as Real Life. I have returned, the worse for wear.))
Lock the door. Go up a level, search for anything useful.
You bolt the doors down and move up a level. [3] You break into the boss' office and find several alcoholic drinks. [4]

A new survivor joins the prep. Vasiliy raises up from his desk and is sure he can help.

The time is 3:00 PM [We'll go with two hours per turn]
Zombie awareness : 25%
[Hidden Roll]

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ZRTS - Turn 3 : Preppers
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2013, 01:39:39 pm »

How many actions can I have?
Loudly ask what's going on, then use cellphone to call management. Following that, improvise a sturdy bludgeoning weapon.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2013, 01:41:45 pm »

How many actions can I have?
Loudly ask what's going on, then use cellphone to call management. Following that, improvise a sturdy bludgeoning weapon.

[[As many as you feel like. Of course the dice gods may get you 1's on each one and you most likely die. It's all about the rolls. ]]

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2013, 01:45:30 pm »

Make crude traps for the zombies on the first floor, mark them so humans don't set them off
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2013, 02:58:40 pm »

Alright, let's raid this bitch.

We're going to need a backpack for each of us (GLORIOUS FOUNDER and ENLIGHTENED GUARD), batteries (well I started out with this but more would be nice), a slogan, bottled water, foods, and maybe some gasoline if we can get some. Oh, and a lighter. Lots of lighters. Poke people in ribs and ask if they want to come along, too. Weapons optional, look into some kinda polearms and fashion the guard a makeshift silencer if we manage.

I expect the GM to roll for every single one of these, except for the other players part. The dice gods have been challenged.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2013, 03:00:28 pm »

Break that elevator.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2013, 03:07:51 pm »

a slogan

"I'm not even supposed to be here today" - Dante of Clerks

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2013, 03:19:16 pm »

"shit."

Look for medical kit on second floor. If I find one do first aid on my hand.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2013, 03:22:31 pm »

(( Lol wtf I got a -4 for walking up stairs? Or did I get that after the fall? ))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9