Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: ZRTS - TURN 5 - Desks Suck  (Read 13289 times)

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: ZRTS - TURN 4 - Challenge
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2013, 07:08:27 am »

((TCM and Spinal_Taper, you've got 4 hours before I must post the next turn :V))

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: ZRTS - TURN 4 - Challenge
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2013, 10:38:34 am »

TURN 5 - Desks Suck
The clouds greets you with rumble of thunder. Light rain begins falling, making the awful smell of corpses and decay even worse. Some survivors begin feeling dizziness and nausea. At some point you hear wheel drifting and a loud crash. Men shout but silence conquers few minutes later.

Straighten up and speak very loudly "It's okay everyone, the management have this under control. As your supervisor, I will make sure that company policy is upheld and we make it until security arrives"

Find company manual

Jury-rig a sword out of tape, chair leg and desk cutter
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Your bold tone calms down most people but some...get pissed off. They seem to be circling around the food/water stockpile. [6]. You try to find the company manual, you find it leveling a desk. As you try to pull it out it rips in small pieces, the pages are crumbly and unreadable. [2]. You try to jury-rig a weapon of sorts but your dexterity is not..optimal. You waste resources in the process of gaining nothing. [2]

Head to the second floor and find a mop or similar(Range-wise)
You manage to find a mop tucked away in a closet. [4]

"Wait, company policy? There are zombies out there- Yes, I know that term because I watch a lot of zombie movies- and you want to keep up policy? I don't even remember what it was! Or what your name was. Who are you? Don't answer that actually, more pressing matters."

Find mechanical/electronic objects. Try to craft a club out of the leg of a chair.
*Do the other two things I did, plus punching Vasilily or whatever.*
You search for anything useful that you can use in mechanical/electrical crafting but nothing seems useful. [3] You rip out a chair leg and wrap up the handle in cloth. This ought' do. [4]
After seeing Yafnag's...failure, you throw a punch at Vasily yourself. Your hit lands in his stomach ; he doubles over and coughs loudly. [4]

Straighten up and speak very loudly "It's okay everyone, the management have this under control. As your supervisor, I will make sure that company policy is upheld and we make it until security arrives"

PUNCH IN SNOUT TO ACHIEVE COUP

"Listen up, fellas. The management are to blame for everything that is happening right now - trust me, I've my sources out there, I've been working this out for weeks. By my count, we've got three days of water, and we're going to have to last far more than that here. For that, we need to take back to the roof from the CONSERVATIVES, the ones the management sent here in order to trace our every move back to Central. I'm willing to give anyone interested a try in talking them away from it, but if you don't make it work, we need to force them out. Survival's more important than a few moles with delusions of grandeur."

DELEGATE 20 PEOPLE TO BARRICADING THE EVERLOVING SHIT OUT OF THE FIRST FLOOR WITH FLAMMABLE SHIT, WHILE FIVE MOVE ALL THE SUPPLIES WE KNOW TO THE THIRD, SEVEN GUARD THEM FROM THE CONSERVATIVES, AND THE REST RAIDS THIS BITCH. OVERSEE PROFESSIONALLY. ALSO, DID WE FUCK UP OUR FEET, GET OUR FEET FIXED GODDAMN
You swing wildly at Vasiliy but miss and tumble to the floor.[2]. The hostility heats up spirits in the offices, some people side with Vasily some with you. This certainly needs to be fixed before any orders can be given. You waste precious time arguing loudly. [3] In the meantime you try to fix your burnt feet but you ain't sure what to do, you've got some NASTY blisters going down there. [2]

Look for mechanical parts. Build the headcrab traps from HL2 (the crushing ones, I don't think we have enough juice for the other ones).
You find some scraps and suitable parts and manage to set up the trap somewhere near the front door. This will certainly end up in a mess..mwahah ! [5]

Very carefully carry the cleaning fluid up to as high a floor as possible without running into the barricade

Once on said floor test the lighter I found ( I did find one right? ) well away from the cleaning fluids then look around for big groups of zombies nearby.... or humans I'm not a picky psychopath.

You push your box up the stairs and onto the third floor. [4] There are several infected just bellow the balcony, few groups are circling the building and other are just hurling stuff around the street. Something blinds you for a second, a beam of sorts. It vanishes just as fast as it appeared. Your hear a gurgled sound coming from your right. [6]

Find the PA system in the office building.
You find the lead intercom inside the boss' office. [5]

"They're cannibalistic and contagious. Occupy Wall Street protesters aren't either--well, maybe a bit infectious. Regardless, it's almost nightfall, and we don't want to be on the ground floor when it goes dark..."

Get as many people and as much supplies upstairs as possible. Destroy the staircase before the zombies get in.
Few people help you move the supplies upstairs, thus you don't do really good. You manage to move 1/4 of the resources upstairs. [2] You smash away at the flimsy stairs, leaving behind but chunks. However, at this point, anybody with some upper body strength can get up. [4]

Buster woke up with a start due to all the racket. He had been sleeping in a small, for now unseen nook in the office. Getting a quick look around and seeing the degeneracy, he tries to sneak his way upstairs to the roof. "Fucking crazy people, the hell is going on here. Someone just tried to punch a supervisor, everyone's brandishing weapons. Supposedly there's people up here, they have to be more sane than the ones down here." If/When he finds them, he asks if he may join them so he can "keep away from the fucking nutjobs downstairs. Seriously, they're close to killing each other, you have to help me. Also, really need to have a smoke, and I don't care if its the apocalypse, I'm not smoking inside."

All the players being in one group is boring, more tension if split.
You sneak away from the commotion of the crowd and onto the roof. [5] The people there barricaded themselves quite well, you can barely see anything past the wood and metal wall. You try to convince them to let you stay with them but they shoo you off in after few minutes. Perhaps you could do something to prove yourself to them. [2]

"Alright, I'm not going to want to be here when you guys start killing each other. Hey Buster, can I come with you?"
If Buster doesn't mind, follow him up to attempt diplomacy with the people on the rooftop.
You try to help Buster reason with the other survivors but they won't let you in that easily. "Perhaps you could get us some food and drinks' ey ? We coulda' letcha' up here." [3]

Name: Silas Baine
Item: i-Pod w/ headphones.

Go to the second floor carefully and look for a weapon.
"Well... bollocks."
Motherfuck. After rummaging around the boss' office you find yourself a shiny long sword. How authentic it is you'll know only by testing. [6]

"Well, bollocks, No other way I guess" Morgan sighs as he carefully takes off his flammable pants, then makes sure the pistol is loaded. "Going commando, oh yeah"

Then he goes up to the third floor to see what the fuss is about, Joining Buster and his compadre when he comes across of them
"'evening fellas, great time for some diplomacy eh?"

You try to take off your pants but somehow tumble, falling facefist into a desk. As if it wasn't enough your magazines spill and the bullets roll about in flammable liquid. Eeeeugh. [1]. You pick yourself up, still grasping at your bleeding face and go up the stairs to see what's up. [4]

The time is 7:00 PM [We'll go with two hours per turn]
Zombie awareness : 65%
[Hidden Roll]

Food : worth 1 week and 2 days
Water : worth 3 days

[Excluding players]
Roof Survivors : 5
Vasily's group : 22
Yafnag's group : 30
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:41:38 am by Dbuhos »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: ZRTS - TURN 5 - Desks Suck
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2013, 10:44:08 am »

Get back upstairs and rejoin my group. (I'm with Jimmy)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:52:34 am by Remuthra »

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2013, 10:48:16 am »

[Also please say which group you join or if you start your own with blackjack and hookers]

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2013, 11:01:41 am »

[If I can, I'll be joining the roof survivors. Gotta prove myself first though.]

"Sure, sure. Just glad to see some sensible people, we'll be back with some food and drink in a jiffy. Also you, back there, Tom. Just because its the apocalypse don't think I'll forget that five dollars you owe me." Buster looks to the two following him. "Alright, well, I'm going down to the kitchen to see what's what. Care to join me?" Buster tries to quietly make his way to the kitchen/cafe, and ransack it for food and water.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2013, 11:02:52 am »

[If I can, I'll be joining the roof survivors. Gotta prove myself first though.]

"Sure, sure. Just glad to see some sensible people, we'll be back with some food and drink in a jiffy. Also you, back there, Tom. Just because its the apocalypse don't think I'll forget that five dollars you owe me." Buster looks to the two following him. "Alright, well, I'm going down to the kitchen to see what's what. Care to join me?" Buster tries to quietly make his way to the kitchen/cafe, and ransack it for food and water.

The kitchen has been completely raided, survivor.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2013, 11:16:47 am »

The kitchen has been completely raided, survivor.
Well damn.

Buster looks to the two following him. "Alright, well, here's the plan. One or two of us can act as a distraction while the other tries to snag some food and drink from the stockpile I saw, we'll have to be careful though. If we're lucky though, they'll be at each others throats tight enough that they won't notice us snag some. I'm going to try to snag some food, either way. If you guys want to help out, run a distraction, keep them from looking too long at the food pile, whatever. I'll snag enough that me and whoever helped me should be allowed into the Roof's Secret Club House." He made the comment, aware that the roof group could probably hear him. Buster tries to quietly make his way to the food stockpile, and tries to snag what he can unseen before heading trying to head back up the stairs. Also quiet like.

[If I somehow pull this off with no one noticing, I'm going to start adding "Sneak" or "Ninja" in front of his name.]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:19:40 am by Xanmyral »

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2013, 11:46:15 am »

"Well, that's... unusually... lucky." Silas looks around uncertainly, as f worried that by saying this, he's jinxed himself. Seeing as nothing happens, he sighs in relief and goes to see what all the fuss is about.
"Um... Hello, there! What's all this about, anyways?"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2013, 11:52:50 am »

Try and talk down the roof faction.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2013, 12:13:14 pm »

Take the booze. Continue looking for supplies and clothes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2013, 01:36:06 pm »

What is the status of the zombie invasion?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2013, 02:04:39 pm »

Start at 9.00 I think.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »

Search for a weapon.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2013, 03:22:27 pm »

Start at 9.00 I think.

Yes it does. /devilishgrin

ALSO AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OP IS A LINK TO CHARACTER INVENTORIES. [less confusion etc]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 03:40:02 pm by Dbuhos »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2013, 03:47:00 pm »

My phone is SO smarth...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9