Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 61057 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2013, 03:59:02 pm »

I tend to have the least controversial, and most agreeable of suggestions... Unless I'm joking around that is. :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2013, 08:03:12 pm »

What is your signature color? Until I get a consensus, I'll just choose some probationary ones, but you should decide this.
Go, Ericus, serve me as my prophet, and tell the villagers of Karalis' disappearance. Tell them of me. They shall not perform more sacrifices, for I shall save these people.
(15) I shall serve as your harbinger, Lorimre. For my former master is missing, and it is my duty to serve my people. I shall go, and tell them of the god who comes to aid them, when their patron has disappeared.

You then depart, back to the altar. This place must be cleansed with the forces of life. You pour the energy of Life into the land. (14) -15 mana The earth blossoms and blooms with wild flowers and other edibles. For minutes, the stunned people watch the miracle. Then the flowers begin to wither and die. Across the land the blight spreads, a black wave of death sweeping the rejuvenated land. Within minutes more, your work is covered in brown and black. But life cannot be snuffed out easily. Among the sea of black, you can make out green tendrils. The land has not healed, and still could not support the people of Kaln, but it bears fruit once more, and in time the replenishing vegetation may heal the land Assuming you can remove the source of the curse, of course.

Finally, you examine the altar, surrounding it in your divine prescence. You can feel the powers of Death, Water, and Cold permeating the altar. You can feel the first two of those flowing out of the altar, and dissipating into the ground.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:01:56 am by Remuthra »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2013, 08:15:24 pm »

Hm...how about this?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2013, 09:28:52 pm »

Who is up for destroying the alter using force? Or entrapping the aura given off by the altar in a 3-foot radius?(FORCEFIELDS?)
Destroying it might catch Marus' attention...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2013, 09:30:28 pm »

I'd rather attack the aura than the altar; less chance of making it worse.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2013, 09:32:36 pm »

Teleport it onto the moon.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2013, 09:35:12 pm »

I'd rather attack the aura than the altar; less chance of making it worse.
but the altar produces the aura, meaning if we don't get rid of it, it wil come back.
We either need to:
A)Disable it
B)Circumvent it
C)Destroy it
D)Render it useless without truly affecting it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2013, 09:35:38 pm »

Teleport it onto the moon.
That's really not likely practical...
Sig

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 18, 2013, 09:38:40 pm »

Fine, ask if these guys know any deserts where we could put it.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 18, 2013, 09:48:06 pm »

Ooor...break the curse, transform the altar, and place some beneficient effect on it.

Showmanship, it's important. (Showgodship?)
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2013, 07:48:52 am »

Infusing Life into the altar would counteract the effect of the death, but we can't limit the drought from the water.
A forcefield to block the aura would be most easiest on our resources, and attract the least of attention.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2013, 08:18:59 am »

Force field seem best.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2013, 02:53:58 pm »

Whatever we do, we shouldn't just teleport the altar away.
Sig

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2013, 03:31:21 pm »

Ptw, but I miss Donuts. Suppose there can only be one.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2013, 03:50:34 pm »

Screw doing anything creative and take this altar head on by applying Force and literally destroying the aura of death, and ice.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 50