Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 60945 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind
« Reply #735 on: November 08, 2013, 09:45:09 pm »

Yeah, I think I'm just going to kill this, since it seems a bit resigned at this point, and so much interest is dead.

And then immediately resurrect it in a new thread with a (somewhat) new premise, since I'm still determined to outdo YAaNG at least before I ditch this whole god game thing! Also, because I learned how to write games a lot better over the course of some fifty pages of practice. With that in mind, those of you still alive here may enter the Mysterious Portal.

Or just look for the new thread, I suppose. That works too.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 08, 2013, 09:52:04 pm »

The god who just kicked our butt seems to be doing fine. We however are not.
Double fallacy.

Also the villagers wouldn't be the guerrilla fighters, the special stealth troops would fill that role.
Ah.
And how do the villagers stay hidden?

Fair point. I mean characters can and do change but I suppose plot wise they'd need a good reason. Losing all of one's worshipers and potentially being cast back into the void might be a significant enough reason to bring out a bit of a character change but I won't argue it because it's pretty subjective.
The biggest thing is the abruptness, which I will admit isn't your fault. In an ideal world where suggestion games don't get hiatused for a while, new players could come in and add their influence, while others could drop out, causing a slow change in the character's reactions. Unfortunately...

The villagers dying, yes. If you think it's discordant with my prior arguments than you probably didn't understand my arguments. I could quote myself multiple times where I said I wanted to change the villagers to save them or failing that at least try and get them to retreat. To me the prior seemed like it had a better chance of working due to them being surrounded as you have yourself pointed out.
Ah. It sounded like you were doing it so we would survive with followers.
If you have to destroy someone to save them, have you done them a favor or not? The villagers have pretty well opposed being turned into monsters.
Which reminds me of another solution: Make them stronger/tougher/etc, without making them monstrous. A little regeneration or some nice tenebrigenesis or personal force fields would do wonders.

Would they be willing followers? Maybe not initially but it probably wouldn't be that difficult to get them to come around.
I find this hard to believe.

You seem to have confused transforming them with killing them. The whole point of my arguments is that their preference for death over being changed didn't make sense. I suggested we ignore their wish to die over being transformed and go through with it anyway if it could save them. I'm not going to quote everywhere where I said this stuff. It's only spread out over two pages or whatever and I made the argument in practically every post.
Um, no. I understand that you are saying we should. I'm saying we shouldn't.
People are willing to die for many things--for being "free," whatever that means, or for being ruled from home. Australians fought in World War I because they considered themselves English. If Australians are willing to die for their Englishness, why is it so hard to think that people would be willing to die for their humanity--literally?

I mean letting them choose death is clearly the moral high road.
If a man wants to die, there is nothing you can do to stop him.
If a man would rather die than be turned into a monster, there is nothing you should do to stop him.

Another consideration is that I don't recall you ever defining what we would be transforming them into. This is a major flaw. Turning them into giant ham-fisted bug-fungus-people would be a much different consideration than turning them into violet-skinned people who can fly, for instance.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to kill this, since it seems a bit resigned at this point, and so much interest is dead.
Oh. Okay.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 17, 2013, 11:42:59 am »

I had been off bay12 too much to get involved.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]