Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 61043 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2013, 12:45:55 pm »

(I actually suggested that a while ago.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2013, 01:02:00 pm »

"Servant of Karalis, I will be back, I must speak to the prophet Ericus."
You move your consciousness back to the road to find the robed man kneeling on the ground holding his head. You speak to him, consuming one mana. "Priest of Karalis, it was I that aided you against the bandits. I am Lorimre, God of Darkness, Life, and Force. I have been told the plight of your village. Will you allow me to enlist your aid?"
He sighs. "I know now it could not have been my master. Just now, I felt something from him, a shockwave of divine will, a sort of cosmic scream. Now my blessing has been stripped. If you wish to aid the village, God of Force, I shall aid you however I may. It is the best I may do for my master to aid his brethren."
"Tell me, what is the situation here?"
"This is the village of Kaln, which was formerly Karalis' primary village. His enemy, Marus, has a village to the east-northeast, in the plains beyond the forest, and his main cluster of three cities about two days to the northeast. To the north, you find the Polar Sea. To the west is the large city of Cydrin. To the southwest is the Scorched Plain. To the north-northwest is the Black Swamp. We've heard of elves and dwarves to the south. The road connects us to Marus' settlements, as well as to Cydrin and the city of Sancre Tash, in the desert.
As far as our village goes, we have a current population of 43 people living in large family huts. The village is centered around a clear space containing the temple of Karalis. To the west of the temple lies the village administration building. Between these two is the well. Around this town square are the storage warehouse and general store, the blacksmith, the carpenter, and the craftsman. Outside the main village is the mill, a large barn used to keep our livestock, as well as store materials, and three fields used for farming. A road leads west out of the village, linking up with the main road. The village is under a curse of drought by Marus. The only source of water is his temple, which lies in a small clearing east of the village. I suspect the curse is maintained through some sort of conduit artifact, though I do not know what this might be. Marus' spheres are Death, Water, and Cold. What would you have me do, God of Force?

Should I start using text colors to distinguish who is speaking?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:04:01 pm by Remuthra »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2013, 01:16:12 pm »

Text colors plz?
You must inform the populace that your patron god, Karalis seems to have died; yet you were saved by a God of Force, when attacked by bandits. Tell them I shall aid them in their plight, and dissuade them from any more sacrifices.
Bring our consciousness from the road and back to Marus' temple. Use the Life energy in the surrounding grasses and trees to  bless the village's fields.
Inspect the inner workings of the altar for anything magical/divine

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2013, 01:27:31 pm »

Sounds like a plan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2013, 01:29:37 pm »

Who else thinks the altar has something inside it?

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2013, 01:33:06 pm »

If we only could know what exact area is covered by course, that would probably help us localize those artifacts, but well altar shall be inspected first.

Another idea came for me - portal to nearby water source could help those people for time we would spent on our research. I am not sure about the cost but it would be a lesser than village teleportation and could be a great advantage in future battles. Or if course does not have affect underground where we could build small underground water well(If Marus thinks lowly of those people then he could ignore that in his spell).

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2013, 01:35:05 pm »

If we only could know what exact area is covered by course, that would probably help us localize those artifacts, but well altar shall be inspected first.

Another idea came for me - portal to nearby water source could help those people for time we would spent on our research. I am not sure about the cost but it would be a lesser than village teleportation and could be a great advantage in future battles. Or if course does not have affect underground where we could build small underground water well(If Marus thinks lowly of those people then he could ignore that in his spell).
The curse affects the underground. Otherwise the villagers would be able to use their well.

MeimieFan626

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2013, 05:36:26 pm »

Let's check out the Polar Sea.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2013, 05:53:53 am »

WHAT?  ???  ???

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2013, 06:37:19 am »

Sig

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2013, 08:46:45 am »

The curse affects the underground. Otherwise the villagers would be able to use their well.
Okay, I've read this as villagers can't use their well because water gets stopped by barrier before it does reach top of well, so we could dig bit deeper and provide water for people and animals.(I've messed this sentence up :s).

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2013, 10:11:18 am »

I don't think it gets stopped, I think it evaporates as soon as it reaches the barrier. As a god of water, he could end up teleporting some water.

MeimieFan626

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2013, 02:21:01 pm »

WHAT?  ???  ???
+1
What indeed.
It's close to Marus's village, so maybe we'll find signs of his presence. If not, it's a sea so there's probably tons of water there. We could transport some of it back to our village somehow.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2013, 02:23:07 pm »

WHAT?  ???  ???
+1
What indeed.
It's close to Marus's village, so maybe we'll find signs of his presence. If not, it's a sea so there's probably tons of water there. We could transport some of it back to our village somehow.
Actually, it's not that close to Marus' village. I have the whole thing sketched out. It's at least a day away from it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2013, 03:38:08 pm »

So, I believe Javier's action is currently up for becoming done'd. You guys have anything more to say, or shall I go ahead and update?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50