Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 61039 times)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2013, 10:14:15 am »

then teleport the village somewhere else.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2013, 10:16:09 am »

Bats it is then! They hunt for their own food and water from far away, but always return to their nests!
Also, we aren't a god of space, so teleporting things is kind of harder for us.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2013, 10:17:20 am »

There is no element of space; force serves its purpose. Teleporting like that would require a lot of mana, though.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2013, 10:20:23 am »

Still hard for us to do.
Spoiler: reasons for bats (click to show/hide)
How long until the dialogue for the Priest is done Remuthra, we kind of all agreed to speak with him.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2013, 10:22:54 am »

So lets get bats in reasonable numbers.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2013, 10:32:53 am »

There is no element of space; force serves its purpose. Teleporting like that would require a lot of mana, though.
so would breaking the curse, and this way the other god wouldn't be able to just put it back until he finds it.Fuel the altar/feed them  for converts, then use that mana to teleport.

for bats:

if milk is practical, just use supercows. Milking hundreds of bats for one person's worth of milk is silly. even that won't help with fallow crops that cant be watered.

Dark oriented. So?

once again, who wants to milk hundreds of bats?

we get worship no matter how we save the village

ife oriented. Once again, so? our spheres define what we can do, but saying that we can do something isn't an argument.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2013, 10:35:36 am »

Who ever said they would be normally sized bats? We are a God! We shall make SUPERBATS! Cows wouldn't be able to cover large distances in search of food and water. And as such, they should consume birds instead of insects.
Milking about 10 or so bats for a meal is the price the villagers will pay to not be starving to death.(for a bucket)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2013, 10:39:21 am »

and what about the crops? that aside, what about the angry death god? teleport the village, and we wont have to worry about him for quite a while.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2013, 10:42:41 am »

They can pour the milk onto the crops. If they have been using blood for that same purpose, they can do it with milk.
Teleporting would require a high roll, and more energy than we probably have in store, we must use the Prophet for a small income of energy, as he was our first act of goodwill. And would probably net us some small amount of power.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2013, 10:51:38 am »

This seems like a good time to explain something.
Mana is actually distilled elemental energy, which the gods use to exercise their chosen spheres. Thus, it it quite possible to convert natural elemental energy into mana, as you did earlier with the Darkness cloud. This counts as manipulation of a sphere, and allows you to use the environment as a mana sink. If you really need mana, you can try looking for a nexus of energy for one of your elements.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2013, 10:54:10 am »

Ooh in that case, we canDraw life from the trees of the forest and infuse it into the dying crops of the village.
Hurray for short-term solutions!

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2013, 10:56:51 am »

teleporting would require plenty of energy, but so would creating hundreds of man-sized bats. Not to mention that they would probably chew through the surrounding population of birds in days. The advantage of life is that it living beings heal and reproduce. Creating a new template for a temporary problem is wasteful.
 Healing the crops would turn this into a contest between us and an established god.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2013, 11:02:42 am »

Better we save these people and go into a contest with a god, then let them starve and be friendly with said God. Besides,we really need worship. So be benevolent!
They've already seen the darkness, so when they see their crops come back to life, and bear fruit; they will start to praise someone!
We are discussing the bats right now, seeing the good and bad they present.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2013, 12:41:04 pm »

Well, something occurred to me.

We should see if we can just break the curse before doing something crazy like teleporting the whole village or making a massive flock of milkable giant bats.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2013, 12:43:14 pm »

I was wondering why no one thought of that. You guys are so determined to be original.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50