Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Shrouded Lands  (Read 6893 times)

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
Re: The Shrouded Lands
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2013, 09:06:29 am »

Elecknigh
Colour: Brown
Surroundings: Mountain range
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2013, 10:21:43 am »

Hmm.... I'll say Syrta lies in a hilly region, rising into a small mountain range in the south. To the north and northwest lie forested hills, and to the east the hills drop into a river plain.

Color=Red
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2013, 11:08:33 am »

Colour of Nazalam: Gray.
Surroundings description: ...Can I just have a random one for an additional trait point? Otherwise a hill with a river running on one side and a forest on the other.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:27:42 pm by Dariush »

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2013, 12:52:24 pm »

Harkynia banners are Blue

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2013, 02:45:48 pm »

I'm dropping out, by the way.
I don't have time to do the colony rework I would need.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 04:23:57 pm »

Turn 0: Spring Year One

Slitherspine:

For years the Gaunt have stayed within the confines of their city, venturing outside only when the eternal mist momentarily receeded in order to look for animals and other things that were left behind. With these, they experimented, creating a variety of creatures to fulfill their purposes. Some might find the ease with which they shape both the death and the living disturbing, but for the Gaunt these things are normal, if not vital to their survival. Now, the shroud has finally receeded, giving free the surrounding lands to their carefull explorations.

Harknya:

The philosphers of Harknia spent years studying the fog, even attempting to recreate and utilize it, but they were not succesfull. Their research did lead towards several breakthrough's on the concept of steampower, which might prove usefull now that the Shroud has been lifted, and the world revealed.

Antysar

For years the Synoc have dwelled inside their labyrinthine structures, untill finally the shroud was lifted and fog receeded. Thanking their God(s) for this miracle, the Synoc set out to explore this new world

Dirami

The Dirami have lived in the Jungle since time unknown, and were actually unaware of the Shroud's existance. Every often a small subtribe would dissappear, but such was life. Coincidentally, now was the time during which they first united under a single ruler.

Nazalam

Limited resources and constant danger of wildlife drove these humans to become a warlike race. Using weapons smithed from metals harvested deep underground, and thanks to their superiour military practices, these humans make a not to be underestimated military force that has just been let loose on the world.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

((I dunno, you could try to upgrade your basic technology to Iron age level. Because as it is know, almost everything your Civ does will be based on alchemy. Or increase your base statistics, or add a custom resource (exotic animals could be one)))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Gods

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:03:46 pm by 10ebbor10 »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2013, 05:39:35 pm »

ALRIGHT BAHUMYV ALL UP IN THIS WORLD NOT KNOWING WHAT CAN BE DONE AND CANNOT SO LET'S ROLL THESE DICE AND MAKE IT HAPPEN

Throw 5mT into manifesting myself in TOWN, civiliation Harknya, and giving some random people who've sighted me some breakthroughs. Hell, another 5mT to the latter part. Why not.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2013, 05:51:06 pm »

((I'll wait for the map))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 05:12:44 pm »

((I'll wait for the map))
((Yup, I'll put it up soonish,hopefully))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 06:30:48 pm »

Bless the Ansyrtar people by creating a small deposit of silver ore in the hills near a village. It will be partially exposed, with a new, cleanly cut marble square with a small amount of gold molded into the shape of a leaf set into it, resting loosely on top.
Elegantly engraved at the bottom should be "Naritharious."
Send someone a dream to find it.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2013, 08:25:46 pm »

Isn't my civ good enough or do you have too many?
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2013, 12:53:15 am »

Isn't my civ good enough or do you have too many?
Um, adminstrative error. I'll add it soon.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2013, 01:09:38 am »

Um, adminstrative error. I'll add it soon.
oh I was worried for a while

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2013, 03:53:26 pm »

Ansyrtar/Syrta

"Pater Tanu." Even though I hadn't expected a major reaction, Tanu's lack of visible reaction still surprised me. Not even a twitching whisker that I had responded to his summons so quickly. The old man must have expected it, with these changing times. I waited several minutes as Pater Tanu gazed at the town and the lands beyond from the balcony, until he finally waved to me to join his side. "Vanja, child. Tell me what you see." A simple question. And yet a dangerous one. Of course Tanu wasn't looking for a literal answer - Syrta and its environments. The unshrouded environments, since a few days ago. "I see potential, Pater. Potential for growth, for death, for glory, for oblivion." My answer made the Pater chuckle. "Quite poetic, child. Saying nothing by saying everything. Now, what would you suggest we do to achieve this 'potential' of yours?" - "We should... send out scouts to explore the immediate surroundings. Build a temple in thanks to the miracle." Tanu coughed and handed me a scroll. I didn't need to unroll it to know it would have the orders I just recommended on them, but I knew there would be other orders, some I had predicted but not stated, and others that would surprise me.

----

((Probably need to change things here.))

The scouts shall explore south or south-west, if the shroud allows (closest unshrouded hex to that direction otherwise).

Put 4 IC towards the construction of a temple to Naritharious.
Put 3 IC towards the construction emergency evacuation tunnels leading from the villages to Syrta. Make them collapsible or otherwise easy to render unusable for pursuit by enemies.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2013, 05:04:13 pm »

Added map.

Do note that the grey is just unexplored terrain, and not fog. Not always, anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6