Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Shrouded Lands  (Read 6883 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: The Shrouded Lands
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2013, 05:11:01 pm »

Ptw. Can i ad one more civ?d
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2013, 05:22:05 pm »

Create an avatar of storms to preach to the Elecknigh
Spoiler: avater traits (click to show/hide)

Give the Dirami a sign(with a thunder storm)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2013, 06:09:58 pm »

dedicate a portion of food to keeping the avatar of Lexus
Then build a church of Lexus
Send scouts up north
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2013, 06:10:59 pm »

Illimuthil, intrigued by the life and death exploits of the gaunt, manifested himself in their capital and began blessing the most powerful of the necromancers with increased power over life and death, in return for their worship.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2013, 10:57:59 pm »

Julianos appears to the most brilliant scholars of Harkynia and gift them with great inspirations to continue advancing technology. In return for some worship.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:09:17 am by jaass »

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2013, 11:07:22 am »

Harkynia
Last days for Council were busy, yet only two decisions were made. Most of them agreed upon creating monopoly on yellow and purple dye to Arkya family, greatly hurting interests of two other families and feeding hate between them. Other decision was to send soldiers to scout now free from fog areas. Yet nobles in Harkynia do not only decide upon laws but also have many riches which recently were mostly invested in town growth.
____

Send light cavalary to South and one archer unit to the north. Last archer unit stays in town. All military cost are paid using village resources.

Spend 5 IC on growing population in town and rest on villages.
How does coal behave? I declare spending it or it gets used automatically?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2013, 11:21:49 am »

((All resources are just automatically. You only need to declare spending it when you tie it up as maintenance, when there's a supply shortage or when creating a reserve*

*¨Technically, this is not spending it.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2013, 02:02:34 pm »

((Uh, still pondering actual action, gimme a minute. As for finalizations, I guess I'll drop Necromancy to the 4-point version and upgrade to Iron Age tech, then? Would that be wise?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2013, 02:26:23 pm »

Ohfck, totally did not notice this starting. How long do turns last? Also, why does the map end so suddenly on the left and right edges?

The glorious leader of the Nazalam people, emperor Kellan... uh, Devna... uhh, king Rodrick the First gloriously orders his people to establish a glorious village to the north of the fortress that will produce food for the glory of our nation. If this action doesn't automatically reveal territory beyond the village, he also sends some glorious scouts to scout the glorious tile to the north-northwest (if he actually has glorious scouts, that is). Then he spends however many IC is needed to build a road from that village to the fortress. Then he hangs a sign on his palace that reads, in large beautiful letters: "LOOKING FOR A GOD. MANY POTENTIAL WORSHIPPERS, A FLEXIBLE SYSTEM OF MUTUAL BENEFIT, SHORT HOURS. CRIPPLED GODS NEED NOT APPLY." Then he produces food (not by his own hands, of course. We have slaves for that. I mean serfs) in case that isn't done automatically.

Glory to the Empire.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:46:23 pm by Dariush »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2013, 03:12:17 am »

((It's just a snip of a far larger map. However, I thought that an entirely gray field wouldn't be so interesting))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2013, 03:54:31 am »

Raise a basic military unit, preferably mutated attack beasts or similar but gaunts armed with whatever weapons or magic we can provide will do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2013, 04:39:01 pm »

Turn 1: Spring Year Two

Slitherspine:

The Gaunt manage to create a small group of strong and destructive attackbeasts. While certainly devastating at anyone found unprepared, they're fairly hard to control, and almost impossible to reform in combat. However, they have been trained never to attack a Gaunt, and are in fact incapable of doing so.

1 Unit of Alchimical Beasts created
No Population growth this turn

Harknya:

The Harknyan forces set forth to explore. However, sending so many of it's villagers and farmers away had repercussions for the farm life, and food production dropped. The cavalery returned fast, seeing as they found their road cut of repeatedly by a thick and nefarious fog. The archers exploring south discovered a land of roiling plains and gentle hills, but with nothing else of interest.
Large infrastructure works are done in the town, in an attempt to increase population growth. These are however, mostly non succesfull.

Population grows

Antysar

The scouts explore to the South, but they find that the Mountains continue, with no end in sight. At least there's no sight of the mist either.
Construction of the emergency escape tunnels progresses well. While cramped and uncomfortable, they serve their purpose well. The temple is also rising, near the centre of the town. While fairly modest, it's still a respectable house of worship.

Temple, tunnels Build
Population grows rapidly.

Dirami

Nothing

Nazalam

A village is estabilished towards the North. Some might ponder this discission, as there was still place around the capital, but most agree with this awesome decision. The serfs are happy to look around before settling. The king also notes that while he doesn't have any scouts at the moment, he could probably hire or train them quite cheaply. He also notes that the serfs appear to be smart enough to grow food on their own.

Village build
Road constructed
Pop grows

Elecknight

The scout find nothing but fog towards the North, and are as such forced to return to the town.
A church of Lexus is constructed, a worthy house for the avatar of your god.

Temple constructed

Laxus

You create your avatar, and drop him in the mountains, in the village of the Elecknight. They are hugely impressed with this, and begin to worship him, and make offerings.

Spoiler: Avatar (click to show/hide)

Illimuthil

You bless the necromancers, and as thanks for that they form a small cult in your honor.

Nirur

You create a silver deposit. In honor of this miracle, a temple is build and the seeds of a new religion are sown

Julianos

You grant the philosphers ideas. This certainly intrigues them, though it produces nothing especially knew or revolizing. Besides, you're a bit outshined by your collegue God though.

Bahumyv

You manifest as a bright, flaming light, and grant people incredible knowledge. Sadly, it turns out that there are things that mortals don't need to know, and most of them go insane.
Some survive however, and work feverishly on ideas only they can understand. They emanate a strang heat, as if they're burning up from the inside

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Gods

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Spoiler: New note (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2013, 05:55:47 pm »

granted the Dirami 5 food
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2013, 06:03:32 pm »

Set the Nazalam sign on fire. Shit, I don't know. Tell them to build a temple and we'll see where this goes.

Continue pestering Harkynians, especially the ones who didn't go mad from the revelation. They might be useful~

Also, uncover some land in the southern mountain range, 2-3 hexes. If mountain, turn into a volcano for my personal amusement.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:05:14 pm by LordSlowpoke »

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2013, 06:15:31 pm »

Increase population and build a village to the north east
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6