Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66760 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #960 on: August 26, 2014, 01:22:30 pm »

"None of these are likely spots for the ruffian to be hiding. Maybe the docking bay would be a better target."

Head to the docking bay and search for the suspect.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 27, 2014, 12:46:01 pm »

Roll 103

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[6] Uplink successful! You are now linked to the cylinder's power grid.

[4+2] You individually creep into each powersuit and inspect the power supply directly. None of them have special artifacts powering them--only capacitors or direct links to the city's power supplies.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

You peek through a flash portal which you keep open through force of will--it would be quite bad if it were to close while your head was poking through, or any part of your body for that matter.

[3+1] The portal takes you to a dim closet. You see the exoskeleton slumped against the wall, a blue light coming from within the backpack. The suit itself is empty, and its owner probably left it to avoid suspicion.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

You head to the docking bay, which has a special elevator which brings you to the center airlock so you can go inside without suffocating due to lack of atmosphere in the center of the cylinder.
The bay itself consists of a long hall with several zones representing common pressure levels used on ships. The intent is that each zone is slowly adjusted to help ship crews adjust to the Aldrosian atmosphere. Looking through each one would be extremely tiresome and possibly dangerous, so you set up shop inside the main hall where you watch the information desk, bar, and maintenance service areas for any suspicious people.

The traffic in the area seems to mostly consist of foreigners. The crew of a Ross military vessel came to the help desk and is now demanding scanner data to track a smuggler. A mixed-ethnic group of traders is currently looking for repairs to their cargo vessel. Another group of traders is looking for directions--they are carrying expensive goods and wish to look for wealthy places where those are in demand.
The docking bay seems largely devoid of pirates and unlawfuls, and none of the people you've seen have powersuits more sophisticated than simple power gloves and magnetic boots like everyone wears normally. One person in the room has suspicious blonde hair, but he isn't wearing any sort of amplifiers, whereas the criminal was wearing quite a bulky suit.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

As you approach closer, you spot another person talking to the suspicious guy. After hearing the voice, you recognize the woman: it's Jo. One of the knights. She is currently disguised as a regular Aldrosian citizen with a large, obnoxious polar bear on the front of her hoodie. Still less conspicuous than your armor.

You hear the conversation:
"You look oddly wounded and..erm, well I know how to treat wounds and all. Just curious here. Sorry if it offended you..."
"Oh no that's... from the war. Independence, Polarian independence, have do you study it in History here? We take our battle scars and wounds as reminders of how hard we worked to break the tyranny that was before."

The man has deep scars on his face which appear to be the subject of conversation. They are highly conspicuous and the criminal obviously did not have them in the picture.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 27, 2014, 02:33:20 pm »

"I found the suit but not our man. As a true adventurer would, I call dibs on it if law enforcement isn't interested in having it. That means the docking bay is not the place and our target is roaming without his characteristic powered suit." Russano says as he closes the portal.

"Anyone has other clues?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 27, 2014, 04:58:43 pm »

"I found the suit but not our man. As a true adventurer would, I call dibs on it if law enforcement isn't interested in having it. That means the docking bay is not the place and our target is roaming without his characteristic powered suit." Russano says as he closes the portal.

"Anyone has other clues?"

Jo responds, albeit about a different but related topic. It seems you've ignored her suggestions completely.
"Why didn't you wear the shirt I picked out for you?! You stick out like... a warlock. I mean, there's lots of options that would make you real inconspicuous. Such as harmless, non-military animals like greenbacks*, narwhals, and polar bears."

You glance beside you, where there is a bag of civilian clothes sitting on the grass next to the pavement. Jo must be located somewhere that she has line-of-sight to you, but you're not sure what clothes she picked out and so  cannot identify her.

((*Greenbacks: an animal native to Aldros II's sunny plains and deserts. They are sloth-like organisms with a green fur infused with chlorophyll. Capable of retaining water well, they tend to inhabit deserts but get predated to extinction in more habitable areas. They feed primarily on small shrubs and roots, using photosynthesis as a secondary food source to last through periods of famine.))

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:13:37 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 27, 2014, 05:25:39 pm »

Slink away before im noticed.

Resume search for Blondie mcSpacepirate
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 27, 2014, 08:39:36 pm »

"But I am a Warlock, woman!" he answers only half-seriously, gesturing towards his carefully made ceremonial battle robe, its masterwork craftsmanship - and high level of eye-catching powers - apparent. He then glances at the civilian clothing Jo has provided. "And I am not sure I want to have any manner of animal, be it harmless or not, on hoodie I'm wearing. That looks good on you, though."

Russano then undresses partially, stowing the ceremonial armor away and staying in his far simpler but still expensive black clothes - which are much less conspicuous than some panda shirt. After that's done, he returns to trying to obtain contact with the rest of the group. "I repeat: any other leads? My effectiveness is limited at the moment considering the circumstances."

Stow ceremonial armor for the moment in favor of the simpler black clothes and start to wander around searching for our target.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 27, 2014, 09:28:43 pm »

"But I am a Warlock, woman!" he answers only half-seriously, gesturing towards his carefully made ceremonial battle robe, its masterwork craftsmanship - and high level of eye-catching powers - apparent. He then glances at the civilian clothing Jo has provided. "And I am not sure I want to have any manner of animal, be it harmless or not, on hoodie I'm wearing. That looks good on you, though."

"Perhaps you're right..."
She seems to think for a moment.
"Maybe we shouldn't look too hard in the docking bay. Given that he's abandoned the armor, he probably knows that people are after him."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 27, 2014, 09:33:57 pm »

"Russano? I have found a blonde individual, without any amplifiers. I will investigate him further, but he is in the docking bay, so the man may just be a hapless criminal."

Observe the blonde man from afar, look for any signs of the man resembling the suspect.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 27, 2014, 11:45:34 pm »

((@Divide: I meant wander around, not necessarily in the docking bay since I had Russano not enter the portal after peeking into it.))
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 28, 2014, 01:24:50 am »

"Russano? I have found a blonde individual, without any amplifiers. I will investigate him further, but he is in the docking bay, so the man may just be a hapless criminal."

Observe the blonde man from afar, look for any signs of the man resembling the suspect.

[6 - 1 (stalking is rude)] The man seems to be wearing a different outfit from what you saw on the hunter's tablet. Instead, he wears a green buttoned shirt and black undersuit, with black jeans and cheap local-brand shoes. It's him.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 28, 2014, 04:21:43 pm »

"Wait... he ditched his armor...? Then I don't have any clues then..." Ryan says over the communicator. "I can look around using the plaza's camera's though..."

Observing things is one thing Ryan has some confidence in... and while passively observing Jo and Russano, he wondered why Jo didn't pick out any clothes for him... maybe since his clothes are pretty generic... actually he's the only person in the group in normal clothes after thinking about it...

ANYWAYS, Ryan starts playing where's waldo the space pirate using the plaza's cameras... while also keeping an eye on the guy Dominic picked out... if there's a camera to do so.

Look throughout the plaza's camera network to find the guy in the wanted picture. Observe the guy Dominic picked out.

"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 29, 2014, 02:17:53 pm »

Roll 104

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[6+2] You take a closer look at Dominic's suspect. It's definitely the criminal, judging from the face. You zoom in to try and get some better details, and...

Your powers augment the camera you are using, causing you to zoom in just a bit too far. You are staring at bacterial colonies on skin cells.

Well... to apprehend him, you'll need to block his escape routes. There are two stations which the docking bay elevator can lead to on the surface--the public station and the staff-only station. Russano and Kenjaro are headed to the former, it seems. There is very little security around the staff-only station, and you actually can't find a lot of cameras in that area to use.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Well, Dominic seems to have found him, and Ryan, based on his mutterings, seems to have found him and made a mistake at the same time.

You head toward the elevator on the other side of the city. In this place, regular traffic from ships unloading crew and cargo usually finds traveler's facilities such as restaurants, housing, stores, dealers, and the city's largest hospital. After passing through customs, of course. If the criminal tries to leave he will be stuck for a while as he is screened.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[6 - 1 (stalking is rude)] The man seems to be wearing a different outfit from what you saw on the hunter's tablet. Instead, he wears a green buttoned shirt and black undersuit, with black jeans and cheap local-brand shoes. It's him.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

It seems that the criminal was in your party's destination all along! You make your way to the airlock elevator along with Russano. Perhaps one of you should meet in the docking bay with Dominic--or help end the chase that's already started in all likelihood--while the other stays behind to be sure.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 30, 2014, 12:32:48 pm »

head over to the docking bay.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 30, 2014, 01:10:03 pm »

head over to the docking bay.

((Correct term would be 'up'))

Jo contacts Ryan, Russano, and Kenjaro about the elevators.
-"So, we might want to watch both sides of the airlock elevator in case the perp sneaks into the staff-only station. The security there is very sparse, or so I hear, and it would help to have someone there just to keep an eye out."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 01:47:21 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 30, 2014, 01:48:37 pm »

Head to Dominic's location. Via Flash Portal/Wormhole if needed, to transport my companions nearby along.

"We can be anywhere. Most of time."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 75