Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66761 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #945 on: August 14, 2014, 01:58:25 pm »

((Oh.... I guess I misunderstood because of this part:  "check the amount of calculations their systems are doing to see if they are using more power than their weight implies." With I percieved  people/groups, I thought I found suits to was using more power than thought aught to be which should be unusual....

Anyways I'll go and edit my last post then.))

((I had to do some close reading of your powers--you detect computer activity, not energy use.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 16, 2014, 08:32:07 pm »

((Bump for our other friends))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 17, 2014, 11:15:43 pm »

"Er, I guess the tip was helpful?"

Find a vantage point to grapple to to get a better view of the Plaza.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 18, 2014, 01:28:05 am »

Roll 101

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[2+2] You easily infiltrate the plaza network, gaining access to basic utilities such as cameras and tram engines. You get the sudden urge to troll passengers riding to and from the transportation tower, but resist it and carry on.

At the Chocolate Store...
One figure in a loose brown coat over a bulky powersuit underneath happens to be ordering chocolate. The man speaks with a Polarian dialect and tone, has light hair underneath a beret of sorts (with the tag still sticking out the back), and is currently sliding his payment card over the counter. The store itself is filled with all matter of candies, ranging from chocolate apples and wafers to regular bite-sized chunks and bars. In the center of the room is a large chocolate fountain with free red berries attached to toothpicks arranged around it on the table.

At the Nuclear Plant Water Tower...
You find that there is no reactor underneath the massive tank of water. While there is steam coming out, it is because the tower functions as the heatsink for all of the city's systems, taking hot cooling water sent over and condensing it into one big tank where it is cooled and purified.
A figure is hauling a cart with two tanks of industrial coolant. He is currently in a dim hall directly beneath the tower, which branches out to water valves, storage rooms, and large chambers with pumps and turbines inside. One of the turbines is currently offline--you sense it is so because the system detected a failure in one of the bearings.

At the Spacedock...
The figures are busy lifting cargo up the stairs and are wearing bright yellow powersuits with construction logos. The boxes belong to a wealthy Centauri gentleman who puts on a very pompous attitude toward the stewards. Time to time, he checks his watch and stomps his foot on the turf in frustration, exclaiming that he is late.

At the 'Saloon in the Sky'...

Inside the pub, two tall powersuited individuals are having an arm-wrestling match amidst similarly dressed companions. There are several loners in the bar, sitting at tables and drinking alone. Aside from the arm wrestling group, there are two other groups in the bar, one consisting of Aldrosians in civilian clothes, the other consisting of a ragtag mix of freelancers wearing all sorts of mismatched equipment.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Jo notifies you that she spoke to the bounty hunters earlier and acquired some vague clues as to the criminal's identity. His nationality is Polarian--although you can hardly call Polaris a nation--and his crew consists mostly of Ross, Aroth, and Cyrians--Ross are generally short and light, a result of their homeworld's large gravity and vertical nature, while both Aroth and Cyrians are genetically predisposed to be more muscular types, Cyrians moreso. The pirate might not even be aware that he is being stalked, and is likely to hang out in a bar or so, in accordance with the usual stereotype that all Polarians are alcoholic pirates and crooks.

Jo suggests getting some temporary clothes to blend in better, and heads off to the local apparel store.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[1 - 1 (rudeness)] You raise yourself to the rooftops. Before you can look around, a police officer spots you and immediately shouts at you.
"Come down at once! That is against Plaza code!"

[4+2] You rappel down the side of the building and persuade he cop to clarify.

"Let's see... no grappling hooks, no parkour, no drawn weapons unless there is an emergency, no disrupting the peace. You could have also caused property damage and that hook hasn't passed safety regulations.

Please abide by the law like everyone else. Thank you and have a good day."

The law seems... oddly specific.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[5 - 2 (loud servos and pneumatics)] You trail behind the party while keeping your distance, taking advantage of moving trams and pedestrians when walking to catch up without making too much noise. The armor really does put a dent in your stealth capabilities... needless to say, you hear only snippets. The party comes to a stop at an intersection while waiting for a group of bikers to pass. A cop in the distance starts shouting at the bikers, exclaiming that bikes are only allowed on bike lanes, but they fly past and the cop finds himself unable to stop them. He reaches for his radio.

The party of strangers starts discussing matters:
"Yeah, those H.E.Y bastards didn't know what hit em. Our ship had a full barrage of 20kg slugs loaded... It's so sad I almost wish I hadn't pulled the trigger, but the nerve of those guys to hold up a mercenary... The frigate didn't even get a shot off. The gunboats had nothing but flashlights and left as soon as they saw their capship get bisected. Idiots."
"I've definitely got my fair share of stories to tell about stupid pirates, but that's just ridiculous."
"I'd automatically assume they thought you were bluffing. Maybe they were inexperienced or something. Guns are pretty hard to scan if you don't have the Nova-tier sensors, and most pirates don't even run those since they're so easy to blind. A laser pointer could cause thousands of pounds worth of damage."
"Heh, pounds. That stuff's only good in Centauri space, you realize that? Most govs don't even recognize the stuff anymore due to the fed's latest printing spree."
"Ack. Forgot."

New Miniquest: Gentle Giant!

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 18, 2014, 02:16:05 am »

((Working under the assumption I heard Jo since I'm close to Russano.))

Ryan overheard what Jo was saying to Russano, about the Pirate being Polarian, and seeing that the person ordering chocolate is speaking with a Polarian accent. Plus add the light hair and a power suit... though can't really tell anything about it being run by some artifact. Hm.... maybe if he gained access to the suit he'd know what powers it... Though being in a candy store instead of a bar makes it seem it's not him... though stereotypes can be wrong.... right?

Try to gain access to the suit of the person ordering chocolates and find out what powers it. And if time permits within a single action, look around the store with the camera to see if there are any other people in the store that match what the pirates companions is assumed to look like... short light guys, or overly muscled ones.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 18, 2014, 01:09:41 pm »

((Woop. Time's been passing fast.))

Russano glances back, not wanting to leave the Fellowship (of the Ring) on their own, even though by now using wormholes to teleport around and find their mark is becoming an increasingly attractive choice. "Any other information, Ryan?" he asks, the amnesiac man.

He sighs deeply and narrows his eyes, his focus narrowing. While a psion's potential is nigh-endless, an artifact is bound to be enslaved to a single function - and so he tries to mentally pinpoint any of these objects generating power.

Try to focus Spell Flux on identifying energy-generating psionic artifacts nearby, then.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 18, 2014, 04:19:53 pm »

Make my way back to the honey place and look around again, practice following random people on the way there.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 21, 2014, 07:04:13 pm »

"My apologies good sir. I shall be off."

Search the main plaza the gentlemanly way. Focus on checking restaurants and bars.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 21, 2014, 10:50:26 pm »

Roll 102

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[1+2] Lacking an uplink so far, you attempt to force your way into the network, causing the lights and various pieces of electronics to noticeably flicker in the process of assimilation. The chocolate-buyer continues browsing the selection of chocolates, while the others in the store briefly glance at the lights. The other people in the room consist of the shopkeeper, a man wearing a black hat and green hoodie sanding off and looking at chocolates on the wall, and two small children around the fountain, both blonde, rambling about the lights flickering.

[4] The suit is powered by the KE13-4B supercapacitor, manufactured by the local Turkomen Electronics Inc.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[3+1] By looking for the specific signature one would expect from an artifact that generates free energy, you pinpoint exactly one such item. It is inside the docking bay, and judging by its general position in the structure it is most likely located in the cargo processing areas.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[2+2] The guard accepts your apology, and lets you go on your merry way instead of citing you.

[4] You move around the streets, locating a saloon, a mechanic's shop, several stores for clothing and souvenirs, an arms dealer, and about eight food stores in the near vicinity.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[6-2] As you turn, you walk a little too hastily and slip away from the spacegoers. Walking across the street in front of you is a suspicious-looking person, about regular height, with blonde hair like the suspect and what appear to be thick black powergloves under the sleeves of a tan trenchcoat. His face is obscured by the collar of the coat, so you're not sure if it looks like the suspect or not. But he is currently crossing the street, and you might not be able to find him again if you stay here.

Several tri-wheeled cars zoom past on the roads, maintained regularly by the maintenance committees. One group of maintenance workers happens to be located on the other side of the road, directly across from the party of spacegoers demanding your attention.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:28:56 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 21, 2014, 11:06:24 pm »

((Hmmm, what happened to my evil -2 stealth penalty from noisy servos?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 22, 2014, 07:25:50 pm »

((Oh...

um...

I'll fix it when my internet gets better))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 22, 2014, 09:17:38 pm »

That's not him. And no one else in the store looks suspicious... though now Ryan wants to go visit the store for candy if he has time.

"Hm... one of the people I was suspicious of was wrong... I'm gonna check the other three... You have any leads, Russano? M-maybe if we both have the same suspicions it'll be more likely to be the pirate guy... I think..."

"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 22, 2014, 09:18:41 pm »

"Located an energy-generating artifact that is probably his armor's inside the docking bay, cargo processing areas - probably. Let us get to checking." Russano says, both to anyone nearby and to his scattered allies via his armor's comms device.

Open a Flash-Portal or Wormhole - the more cost-efficient option in the case - to a position close to the artifact, but not right on it, and peek inside.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 22, 2014, 09:33:18 pm »

"Docking Bay... Space Dock? If they are the same it matches one of my suspicions..."

Try accessing the the power suits of everyone with them to find out what powers them. And use the cameras to look anything that seems off or weird.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 22, 2014, 10:03:07 pm »

Well he certainly looks promising.

follow suspicious guy.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 75