Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66755 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #975 on: August 30, 2014, 03:34:54 pm »

Head to Dominic's location. Via Flash Portal/Wormhole if needed, to transport my companions nearby along.

"We can be anywhere. Most of time."

((To clarify, wormholes are not for long-distance travel. They are a long-lived rift that lasts a while, which can be good if you need to put a hole in a wall or something without actually damaging it.

Flash portals are for quick transport and require your constant focus to keep it open, otherwise they close quickly.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 30, 2014, 07:04:34 pm »

"I'll provide backup with my powers from here... I think that'll be better..." Ryan says over the communicator.

Now... Let's start with making him as least dangerous as possible. Good thing it seems most firearms use many electronics Ryan can make use of...

Search for everything electronic I can access that one the pirate guy. Attempt to disable any weapons I find... if that's not possible than UPGRADE them them into toy replicas.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 30, 2014, 07:14:46 pm »

((Alright, so the plan as of this post (tell me if you intend to change anything) is:

Staff-Only Station: Watched by Jo
Public Station: Watched by Kenjaro + the rest of the NPC's
Docking Bay: Kenjaro + Dominic try to catch criminal, supported by Ryan))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 01, 2014, 10:22:46 pm »

((That seems like it, except Russano is joining the Docking Bay team if his teleport works.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 02, 2014, 09:38:16 pm »

Dominic smiled to himself. he had found the ruffian, and since the man lacked armor or amplifiers, he was likely weaker then the average human. This would make the application of justice trivial.

"Desist at once! You have been caught in transgression of the court of conduct on this facility! Transfer funds to the local authorities or... serve your sentence!"

Confront the criminal. After finishing the statement, pull out my Gunberd and attempt to subdue him non-lethally.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 03, 2014, 01:29:02 am »

Roll 105

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[1+2] It looks like you can't access anything on him because none of it is connected to the same circuit or network that the cameras are on! However, as soon as he sends out some sort of radio transmission you should be able to sense it and take control. He's bound to call his cronies soon.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

"Most of time indeed, but do your powers work this time?"
As soon as you open the portal, Perfectio's face grows sullen.
"...I guess so. I suppose the knights and I can handle the criminal once you've caught him. You can go with the Fellowship and your party and do what we originally came here to do."

[5+1] You gather everyone--Ryan, Kenjaro, Perfectio, Hadrial, and the Fellowship. You spot Jo in the distance and tell her to come closer as well. You then open a fairly large portal beneath each person.

Meanwhile, inside the docking bay, the ten of you emerge from individual portals in an arrowhead formation. You yourself end up teleporting right between two people speaking with each other. The warping space pushes both people away and off of their feet, although thankfully neither is harmed by the event.

Dominic is, as usual, announcing his intent loudly and conspicuously.
Jo, taking advantage of her disguise, walks away casually toward the area where the elevators unload their passengers. Still disguised, she seems to be taking up a position where she can potentially ambush the criminal's assistance should they be in close proximity.

New Spell: Teleport

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[5+1] After announcing your intentions, you pull out your weapon and slide the blade back to the center of mass so you can aim. As the transgressor turns to flee, you casually load a Jade gunberd round into the breech and pull off the perfect shot. The bullet airbursts before it hits its target, spraying him in a thick green mist. Suddenly, huge tree branches emerge from beneath the floor panels and out of the ventilation system, surrounding the criminal in a web of thick branches and leaves and tripping him as he runs, sending him to the ground.

New Trait: Non-Lethal Takedown (Successfully subdue a person without killing him: 1/3)

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

Russano teleports you into the docking bay. The event is highly conspicuous, attracting the attention of everyone in the chamber. Aside from the criminal, the persons in the room consist mostly of merchants and one group of Ross military personnel. You hear the passenger elevator arrive in the distance--unloading a number of people, judging from the footsteps.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 03, 2014, 02:15:07 am »

"Well that was interesting." remarks Kenjaro as he inspects the plant matter restraining the unfortunate transgressor.

Straightening up he then exclaims "I think ill try my hand at it."  and turns side on to the elevator levelling his Urchin mace directly at it and attempts to fire a stream needles that will begin branching out in front of the elevator forming a low wall of steel thorns around the legs of the disembarking passengers.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 05, 2014, 07:41:01 pm »

Ryan wasn't expecting to be teleported along too. It took him a short while to process his sudden completely different surroundings... just enough time to see the guy everyone is after to... get tripped up from a tree branch? Ignoring the odd way of catching someone, Ryan quickly decides to prevent any automated doors from opening in the nearby area to prevent Mr. Pirate from escaping in case the others can't get to him before he stands up and tries getting away again.

Prevent the doors that the pirate guy can possibly escape through from opening.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 06, 2014, 08:09:26 pm »

"The criminal is caught, now we only have to wait and see if his companions are going to try and save him."

Be prepared to restrain anyone who may try to help the criminal. By shocking them non-lethally. If nothing happens, prepare to cut the corners of Kenjaro's spell in case he goes overboard, so as to prevent any civilian casualties.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 08, 2014, 05:06:00 pm »

"It appears that you've wilted under the pressure. Your actions are hereby stunted and justice shall take root."

Hurry to the ruffian and gentlemanly subdue him until the authorities arrive.

(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 08, 2014, 06:34:08 pm »

Roll 106

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

You follow closely behind Jo, although your suit is a lot more conspicuous than her disguise.
[1] There is, in fact, a group of passengers disembarking. They even draw their weapons at the sight of you! One of them shouts:
"You heard it! Cap'n's down. Shoot anyone with a gun."

The unaffected pirates empty their clips into the three guards in front of the elevator. Then, they start shooting at you.

Jo backs away, but they're not aiming at her. Her weapon appears missing, although you figure it's foldable and probably fits in her bag. Either way, the assumed pirate accomplices are primarily interested in gunning you down, so you dive for cover as your armor takes a few initial hits from the assailants that are armed with fast and small weapons like pistols and submachine guns. [Deflected!] Conveniently, the same weapons have such a low caliber that they harmlessly ping off of your massive pauldron.

Martial Trance Active!

[3+1] Your urchin obeys your commands, shooting out two strands of steel which wrap themselves around the legs of those at the front of the party. Before observing the effects, you take note of who is in the party:

-Two persons in bulky clothing, wearing huge powersuits with robotic gloves and ammunition covering their legs and torsos. One is un-slinging a machine gun, and has some sort of recoil-less rifle on his/her back, while the other is powering up some sort of short-barreled heavy laser weapon. Both tower a meter over the average person, and while their bodies are unmodified, the armor itself spans a meter in width.
-Four men and women equipped like soldiers. One is wearing a full-fledged exosuit, probably with its own air supply judging from the large backpack, but it's nowhere near as heavy or large as the two heavy units worn by the earlier pirates. The other three wear standard amplifiers with light armor plating, with machine guns slung on their backs and several pistols holstered per person.
-Six 'light' characters with small caliber weapons and rifles. They have only the basic amplifiers that most commoners wear (gloves and boots) and are currently the ones firing at you with their sidearms and machine pistols.

The steel tendrils wrap themselves around the legs of one of the heavies, two of the mediums, and three of the lights. The lights and mediums trip over and fall, being too weak to break the line. But neither heavy is affected by the tendrils, which snap like twigs as the heavies walk out of the web.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[6] You close all the doors, locking out security so that they can't come and help. You also halt the elevator, but judging from the gunfire, the criminal's backup has already arrived in short order!

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

You hear gunfire, but aren't yet in a position to aim without harming bystanders, Jo is backing away from the hallway she was walking into, while Kenjaro takes cover around the corner. You get the feeling that poking your head over to investigate is a bad idea.

[4] Lightning flows between your fingers, giving you a +2 to your next lightning bolt, and +1 to the one after that.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[4+1] The man passes out at your statement. Perhaps it was voluntary, even. You wouldn't want to be caught in such a thicket either. However, it seems that the criminal's companions have arrived to uproot your work...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 08, 2014, 09:50:19 pm »

Prioritising disabling the many over the few Kenjaro aims another burst of steel tendrils at the gathered mass of medium and lightly armored enemies attempting to comstrain them all in an interconnected and electrically conductive bramble of thorns.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 09, 2014, 12:29:45 am »

"Wha!? Oh crap! Undo! Gotta undo what I did!" Ryan says to himself outloud. As what always happens in sudden danger, Ryan is panics a bit trying to figure out what to do.

Undo what I did to the doors to have them operate normally and then pull out of the plaza system, and then find some cover before the shooters notice me. Then using my techno sense (combined with normal old hearing sense) to locate where each shooter is and send a mass shutdown of everything they are using. Avoid Kenjaro's suit though.

((Hopefully I'm allowed to do all that in a single turn.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 11, 2014, 07:21:15 pm »

((Been studying for tests. Catching up.))

"It seems to be time for combat and I am unarmored. Oh well."

Take an advantageous position at the scene of battle and generously distribute air-scorching lightning bolts at the heavier-armored fellows.
>Yes?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 14, 2014, 07:26:18 pm »

"Well that's just rude! They must be stopped in their tracks."

Load a topaz round into the gunberd, and fire it at the group of mediums. Follow it up with an azure round at the heavy.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 75