Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108242 times)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #525 on: January 25, 2013, 01:32:14 pm »

that would be a direct attack. then he's just lightning us.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 25, 2013, 01:39:40 pm »

that would be a direct attack. then he's just lightning us.
and fire trout wouldn't be a direct attack?

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 25, 2013, 01:42:15 pm »

No, that would be an empowered minion. Maher didn't smite the werewolves, did he?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 25, 2013, 01:43:01 pm »

I support non-aggression pact either way, maybe some type of trade agreement.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 25, 2013, 01:46:16 pm »

No, that would be an empowered minion. Maher didn't smite the werewolves, did he?

I think that was the town that directly attacked us earlier, and Maher possibly thought this was paid back from his earlier.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 25, 2013, 01:49:22 pm »

For now let the Maher thing on hold since we got bigger(and ordered) problem.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 25, 2013, 02:15:57 pm »

Fighting a war on two fronts is bad.

Fighting a war on three fronts is even worse.

At least Maher seems more reasonable than the Order gods and the Orc goddess.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 25, 2013, 02:22:37 pm »

The thing about the Orc Goddess is that she lacks finesse or strategy in general preferring on brute force. But if we do precise strikes that annihilate any morale or leaders we won't have to deal with a huge ass army coming our way.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 25, 2013, 02:40:44 pm »

I think that was the town that directly attacked us earlier, and Maher possibly thought this was paid back from his earlier.
He only said that neither of us can directly use our powers.  So we can send all the creations at him we want.  Also, we need something that can spread fast, and looks horrifying, since these are the guys who are used to living side by side with the undead, I don't think that the sporified things will really cut it.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 25, 2013, 02:47:18 pm »

He only said that neither of us can directly use our powers.  So we can send all the creations at him we want.  Also, we need something that can spread fast, and looks horrifying, since these are the guys who are used to living side by side with the undead, I don't think that the sporified things will really cut it.
On the other hand, if actually threaten him,he could probably annihilate us. I just think we should establish the species now, and give them time to grow. sea power is always good.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 25, 2013, 02:59:01 pm »

On the other hand, if actually threaten him,he could probably annihilate us. I just think we should establish the species now, and give them time to grow. sea power is always good.
True enough, but he could also just view it as a particularly ballsy move on our part and decided to throw something similar right back at us.

Hey Corruptor, Maherport is a port city, right?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 25, 2013, 03:10:10 pm »

It is Maher-port, so it's a port for something...*evil grin*
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 25, 2013, 03:41:09 pm »

My... how helpful.  I suggest we look at the map again.
Until then, I propose that we make sand worms(but able to function just as well outside of a desert), so we can use life to consume the death.  Or just raze the fucker.  That would also work, a large scale attack by animate fire.
EDIT: And it's not even on the fucking map.  Dammit.  I vote that we put in place plans for the razing of Maherport.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:55:32 pm by Origami_Psycho »

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 25, 2013, 04:27:15 pm »

No, you know on what we can do ask Serena for military history more specifically tatics of EoT and Maher if we can find out how they armies work we won't have to worry about making blind counters.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 25, 2013, 06:44:37 pm »

Updated offer for the after the tournament\before raising the fortress
Updated critiques.

1) Grant Eldrick a minor chaos boon, plant mutation one, added to his plant creation
2) Grant him all mage kids as apprentices\assistants and give them minor plant boons to speed up the education and boost their natural power.  Also, by using their own power, they can do more things with that minor boon than any other worshiper. And those kids can provide quite an assistance for farmers later (kids are useless otherwise)
3) Grant  Azula chaos shield boon (shield that turns hostile elements into unharmful ones)
4) Grant her 4 volunters, preferably  females  as apprentices and grant them minor fire boons.
5) Make three female moles, slightly smaller than our male ( I hope it's male. anyway we should have male + 3 females)
Agreed.

6) Start digging (in order of importance)
a) Moat. It should be quite deep and covered by the rosebush, safe to walk for friends ( flat terrain, no bridges needed) but the floor will attack any enemy who walks on them ( or spread and let them fall to the spiders, or other neat traps inside.
b) Tunnel to the dwarves,  Ask for Uristiel participation to make this a joint project.... It should begin after our lines of defense
c) farms should wait until we can get luminescent fungus with the help of Serena ( As a payment for our deal) 
Again, I'd put the tunnel to the dwarves first (assuming Uristiel's game with that). I'm unconvinced that a moat would help much.

7) Donut, Eldrick, Plant magekids  and farmers do a massive landscape designing : Assist construction of the chambers\moat\tunnel (mostly spread the fungus, reinforce tunnels), expand the rosebush (or raise several new in new places, especially along the roads), grow wood for the construction (or palisade directly), make our village prettier. Make new plots for new crops
And start a grassy road to the Ceres
Surely, kids should be watched by adults and don't work on dangerous things like rosebushs... But kids are creative and may do something interesting. and they have raw power to do simple things using more power than boon grants
Should be fine.

8) We and Eldrick should make some new crops (alchemist can help, too)
a) One that can be processed  into a very flammable oil,
b) One that have poisoned darts\arrows\javelins\spears as fruits
c) One that can be procesed to natural glue
d) One that will have wheellike fruits from light, woodlike material, that can be either turned into shield or into wheel with minor effort from capenter ( we need shields for our stems)
e) One that can be processed  into luxury food\spices for trade
f) One that extract the tiniest pieces of metals from soil (including manarack) and concentrate them in their roots\fruits
May combine some of them into one plant
I agree that this sounds good.

9) Sometime between Donut should visit the afterlife and just make angels, simple humanoids like one he saw, with Fire\Chaos\Life as our sources of the power
10 ) Fire mages should train and improve numbers of our fire jackets in process ( Basically they should use firejackets for  target practice). Or help in civilian jobs, when fire is needed
11) Other villagers should start building a palisade, permanent market, setup the landmines and do other stuff
12) Save at least 300 mana always
13) New troop raising should wait until we start making a garrison for the fortress together with Krait
Sounds good.

Core idea of giving boons for the landscaping is - Donut doing major things, and booned to a polishings, while he doesn't spend his time and go to the next major thing... To avoid killing a fly with a nuke scenarion
Sure.

and why waste mana on giving boons to people who can already use magic and, once trained, will probably be much more powerful on their own without our help?
Wow! Another piece of brilliant logic :  Mage without a boon is stronger than a mage with a boon. Brilliant.
DId i say that? no. i asked why use mana giving boons to people who can already learn magic? To me is a waste of Mana.
Boons can do what no spell can do, whether due to limitations of mortal magic or simply ignorance. Take that boon we gave Krait's high priest.

I said no to expanding the afterlife? You are making things from the air. I supported expansion of the afterlife, I just said that it wouldn't be that easy to bring it to *3 standard and that it's unwise to unload too much (all like you proposed) mana in the afterlfe. But I always wanted to expand it to *2 standard
Maybe he's confusing me with you? I was, after all, the guy who kept saying, "It's stupid to assume that making the Afterlife 100x as big won't cost much compared to the cost of making it."

OK, that's enough...  You make things from the air, you propose no fun ideas (Generic - make angels\expand afterlife and launch a diary producton are unfun)  on your own. And your posts only contain attacks on me and my ideas
I know that I always wanted to expand the afterlife together with granting boons, many boons. That was my first though when we got that souls
Full ignore from now, pointless discussions. I have better uses for my time
Generic ideas are generic because they are popular. you know why they are popular? because they are, usually, effective.
Of course, specific is generally better, more interesting, and often more popular than general.

It's fun to argue with, for example, rolepgeek, while I dislike his - "make as many new types of creatures as possible"  Or with GWG  (we are arguing with him in many-many suggestion games, surprisingly in this one we started to agree... That's amusing)   Another to multiply flood
I am honored by being fun to argue with and also amused that we're agreeing so much here. Mind if I sig (the relevant part of) this?

So I'm going to bring up the "bud thing" again...
While I like the idea of making a race, I'd rather not try until we know how races tick and what we would need. Otherwise, about the best we could expect to get would be corpses or malformed, soulless, mindless beasts.

What I don't get is why stems have to be military?  It's inefficient to have two different species for this.  And if we want the buds to survive, we are gonna need to send a military force with them to protect them from attack, which will require the stems, thus nullifying the point of not using stems.
If we make the Buds inoffensive, they can live in various places and give us worship.
The Stems are expendable and fast-growing, not to mention innately skilled in combat. They're great soldiers.

EDIT: As for the buds, if they can heal wounds, hoe long do you think it'll be before someone decides to enslave them for the harvesting of their flowers?
while distasteful it would be totally fine if they choose to cultivate our creations (enslave/cultivate on strict farms aren't really that different when we're talking about plants) they're tools, not followers/souls. (though if we go that route we might want to make something seperate, that I dont think making a new plant race with souls is a good idea its besides the point)
Isn't the point of Buds that they have souls and therefore can provide worship?

we can still militarise them if we need to (unless they somehow temper with our creations I guess). My point is we shouldnt pay much attention to the buds. just let them do their thing. and only militarise them if we have to.
I'd prefer to use Stems for warfare. And I suggest that any soulless, humanoid plant creature we make have a name starting in "S," for added alliterative appeal. Sagittates, Scorpoids, Seeds, Sepals, Sheaths, Sinuates, Sprouts, Spurs, Stamens, Stolons, Stoma, Succulents, and in dire circumstances we could name them after types of plants or adjectives.

I don't completely understand why a lot of you guys want to focus on the military or the economy instead of working with both.
In my humble opinion, improving the economy has more benefits during times of war than improving the military does in times of peace. Also, we're at (practical) peace more than we're at (actual) war. I agree, we do need a military, but not at the expense of the economy.

We've got our castle under construction and we've got enough types of creatures already made for our army (although a flying transport and a creature that can act like a catapult would be nice).  Now let's just use a mix of life magic and life boons to increase all our creature's reproduction (even if only temporary through boons), thus increasing our troop numbers
Not to mention increase the number of the various economy-related creatures...We also ought to work on improving the supply of food, if we do that. Or, if nothing else, give someone a Life boon to re/fertilize the ground. I have little doubt (and less proof) that more people have died from exhausting the nutrients in the soil than in any war.

and let's increase trade between current friendly gods and possibly try to trade with maher as well.  Use the money we gain to buy some seeds for normal crops so our citizens have something to occupy their time.
I like this idea.

Maybe also open up a lumber industry and start having humans work in the mines instead of stems.
If we have unskilled humans? Sure. Otherwise, Stems are ideal for gruntwork.

I'd also reccomend we ask the dwarf god to have some dwarves train some of our men in construction. Maybe we could open up a market to draw in more traders with a large inn/hotel nearby.  See about working with dwarf god to make a factory design too, mixing his earth and our fire domains for it.
Sounds good. Maybe even realistic.

I just got an idea which made me wonder what would happen to an elephant when imbued with chaos and fire energy.

That would be nice.....
Ever heard of Boatmurdered?

My... how helpful.  I suggest we look at the map again.
There's a map?

Until then, I propose that we make sand worms(but able to function just as well outside of a desert), so we can use life to consume the death.
Dirtworms?

Or just raze the fucker.  That would also work, a large scale attack by animate fire.
NO.

EDIT: And it's not even on the fucking map.  Dammit.  I vote that we put in place plans for the razing of Maherport.
NO.

No, you know on what we can do ask Serena for military history more specifically tatics of EoT and Maher if we can find out how they armies work we won't have to worry about making blind counters.
SURE. Ahem.

You know what I just thought of? Chaos Turtles. Big sea turtles, with draconic features to fit with our other reptiles. They're at least 20 feet across when mature and they never stop growing. They feed off of heat like firejackets, but as larger creatures their metabolisms are more efficient, meaning that they can bask in the sun for all the energy they need. Their big schtick is that they can warp their carapaces, to be wooden, leathery, stony, or whatever in texture as well as changing shape. They can even mimic small islands. Oh, and they reproduce asexually like firejackets as well; reproduction requires basking for a long while or a massive heat source, either way causing juviniles to form out of the shell. We send a couple out to warmer oceans or near volcanic vents, and we'll get a nice little navy...a bit silly? Perhaps. Useful? Oh Self I hope so.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 72