Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108254 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #510 on: January 25, 2013, 09:35:21 am »

What I don't get is why stems have to be military?  It's inefficient to have two different species for this.  And if we want the buds to survive, we are gonna need to send a military force with them to protect them from attack, which will require the stems, thus nullifying the point of not using stems.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 25, 2013, 09:42:24 am »

the thing is, they don't have to survive, they just have to try and spread. if they are benign and helpfull and don't seem to pose a thread they'll be accepted more readily.

this isn't about forcing our creations into other domains, but just 'letting them spread'.

stems might not have to be exclusivity military but because they can be, they're more of a threat and probably will be treated as such as they spread into other gods domains. (if the secret is out that buds are just a premature form of stems they'll probably have a harder time being accepted aswell, but lets just hope everybody is hooked on their 'benefits' by then).

even if we have buds spreading as good as they can, we can still have stems in our own domain ready to act.

edit:
so if a god isn't cool with buds moving into his domain he can deal with them. We shouldn't be offended by this or be up in arms about it. its nice if they spread to other domains. but its not worth conflict.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 25, 2013, 09:45:47 am »

EDIT: Although I think that we need to have a strong military for both offensive and defensive purposes, so as to defend our foreign trade interests.

Defensive first, offensive second

We don't plan to launch an offensive anytime soon We pan to survive a massive attack from one of those - Maher\orcs\justicars , That's why we need to dig in...
Improving our transport network and attempt to become a tradecenter is just a way too boost our silver income( useful for everything) and worshipers income (useful for everything) That's why we need to become not only a military fortress, but comfortable and safe looking fortress, to attract migrants and traders

For the offense...  I'd focus on the fortress, flying fortress armed with even simply catapults, guarded by our dragons, Tiberius, firejackets and whatever airforce Krait, god of air, can create will destroy land based armies with ease.  And we may add so many interesting manarackpowered weapons to it ... Why bother creating huge land based army when you can bomb enemy away? While land forces sit behind the walls (defense, again)  and waits for an order to mop up the bombed enemy.
The fortress is our freaking deathstar

Aiding allies? Again, - the fortress over their enemy... Or, if fast reaction power is needed - werewolves and dragons, they are fast and can provide a punch
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 25, 2013, 09:49:18 am »

So I'm going to bring up the "bud thing" again.

If we want to protect foreign trade interests wouldn't it be awesome if we could militarise a population of plants we have spread around the world in certain conflicted areas.

also... buds should totally have flowers that when harvested, dried and smoked give a relaxing and minor healing effect ^^. sort of like an incentive to allow them to live in your domain.

+1

but the minor healing has to be very minor. only for small wounds, grazes and scratches.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 25, 2013, 09:49:56 am »

EDIT: Although I think that we need to have a strong military for both offensive and defensive purposes, so as to defend our foreign trade interests.

Defensive first, offensive second

We don't plan to launch an offensive anytime soon We pan to survive a massive attack from one of those - Maher\orcs\justicars , That's why we need to dig in...
Improving our transport network and attempt to become a tradecenter is just a way too boost our silver income( useful for everything) and worshipers income (useful for everything) That's why we need to become not only a military fortress, but comfortable and safe looking fortress, to attract migrants and traders

For the offense...  I'd focus on the fortress, flying fortress armed with even simply catapults, guarded by our dragons, Tiberius, firejackets and whatever airforce Krait, god of air, can create will destroy land based armies with ease.  And we may add so many interesting manarackpowered weapons to it ... Why bother creating huge land based army when you can bomb enemy away? While land forces sit behind the walls (defense, again)  and waits for an order to mop up the bombed enemy.
The fortress is our freaking deathstar

Aiding allies? Again, - the fortress over their enemy... Or, if fast reaction power is needed - werewolves and dragons, they are fast and can provide a punch
Because you cannot win a war with an airforce.  You need to be able to occupy the ground, and the airforce won't always be able to do what's needed.
EDIT: As for the buds, if they can heal wounds, hoe long do you think it'll be before someone decides to enslave them for the harvesting of their flowers?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 25, 2013, 09:55:29 am »

EDIT: As for the buds, if they can heal wounds, hoe long do you think it'll be before someone decides to enslave them for the harvesting of their flowers?

while distasteful it would be totally fine if they choose to cultivate our creations (enslave/cultivate on strict farms aren't really that different when we're talking about plants) they're tools, not followers/souls. (though if we go that route we might want to make something seperate, that I dont think making a new plant race with souls is a good idea its besides the point)

we can still militarise them if we need to (unless they somehow temper with our creations I guess). My point is we shouldnt pay much attention to the buds. just let them do their thing. and only militarise them if we have to.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 25, 2013, 10:12:20 am »

Because you cannot win a war with an airforce.
That's why we need mop up units and occupation force. And you can win battles (that's what we need) by airforce alone, you can't occupy without land force

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 25, 2013, 10:17:25 am »

I've just thought of something. We created an afterlife easily enough but is it possible to create other demiplanes? It would probably be easier to defend than a village, even if it would be very expensive.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 25, 2013, 10:19:16 am »

We can't move anything but souls between the afterlife and real world.... I suspect same is true for any other dimension

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 25, 2013, 11:06:58 am »

We can't move anything but souls between the afterlife and real world.... I suspect same is true for any other dimension

Angels too I think.  Anyway air force is great but that doesn't make ground forces any less important.  I don't completely understand why a lot of you guys want to focus on the military or the economy instead of working with both.  We've got our castle under construction and we've got enough types of creatures already made for our army (although a flying transport and a creature that can act like a catapult would be nice).  Now let's just use a mix of life magic and life boons to increase all our creature's reproduction (even if only temporary through boons), thus increasing our troop numbers and let's increase trade between current friendly gods and possibly try to trade with maher as well.  Use the money we gain to buy some seeds for normal crops so our citizens have something to occupy their time.  Maybe also open up a lumber industry and start having humans work in the mines instead of stems.  I'd also reccomend we ask the dwarf god to have some dwarves train some of our men in construction.  Maybe we could open up a market to draw in more traders with a large inn/hotel nearby.  See about working with dwarf god to make a factory design too, mixing his earth and our fire domains for it.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 25, 2013, 12:36:02 pm »

Because you cannot win a war with an airforce.
That's why we need mop up units and occupation force. And you can win battles (that's what we need) by airforce alone, you can't occupy without land force
True enough.  But the advantages I see in having a strong land force is that there are areas that an airforce won't be able to crack, such as a fortress (Like Urists), or the airforce could be suppressed, at which point it becomes very important to have a strong land army.  So maybe we should put more emphasis on our air units, but we just need to make sure that we can attain air superiority, and, if we lose said superiority, have developed strong enough ground forces that we can survive a protracted land battle.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 25, 2013, 12:51:39 pm »

I just got an idea which made me wonder what would happen to an elephant when imbued with chaos and fire energy.

That would be nice.....

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 25, 2013, 12:51:40 pm »

The thing with EoT they are a bureaucracy. Like any bureaucracy they are incredibly inefficient and slow when it comes to change. So if we change the rules of war or make new strategies that are effective against their armies(more information will help) they will have a difficult time at adapting to it.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 25, 2013, 01:24:37 pm »

New Idea. Maher's city is maherport. Maherport. Thus, it probably contains ships. Ships burn. Fire trout, anyone?(just make sure we can control them before we release them into the ocean.)
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 25, 2013, 01:30:17 pm »

Or just suck heat out the entire harbor thus freezing it.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 72