Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895008 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #12510 on: March 13, 2014, 06:14:24 pm »

Hey is that Give the Anti-Anti-Potion to Cain thing still going on?
I like where this is heading.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: March 13, 2014, 06:18:29 pm »

I took as meaning that ????'s plan has six contingencies.

Like you said to derail ????'s plan we need to cause no less than seven major problems and they have to be problems that effect the plan. That said we might have already deviated more than expected, but the plan is still in motion.

I think the seven is just a significant number in general like the world being created in seven days, seven deadly sins, ect.

The thing here is whether we want to stop ????.   

Though I should point out that ???? was hoping Ciro would suffer defeat, so the whole idea of Ciro being a vessel and the fact that the LSS didn't revive Ciro like it normally should could be a result of everything going as planned.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12512 on: March 13, 2014, 06:23:58 pm »

+1 to giving Cain the antimagic potion, but if we do, be ready to run away. Preferably throwing it at him and leaping down those stairs.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12513 on: March 13, 2014, 06:30:27 pm »

I think we need to do the opposite of what we would normally do to each sibling; i.e., kill the ones we would normally save and save the ones we would normally kill.

However, Oric's reaction to us teaming up with Proxxy makes me think he has a plan in place that will make teaming up with all siblings very, very difficult.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: March 13, 2014, 06:40:07 pm »

Considering they typically hate and fear Cain, he on our team would make it harder to get the rest, and vice versa.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: March 13, 2014, 06:42:03 pm »

I think we need to do the opposite of what we would normally do to each sibling; i.e., kill the ones we would normally save and save the ones we would normally kill.

However, Oric's reaction to us teaming up with Proxxy makes me think he has a plan in place that will make teaming up with all siblings very, very difficult.

I think Oric's reaction was annoyed but disconnected... sort of like how a GM will treat a rookie player's bullshit. I still think in the long run Oric doesn't feel that we'd ever beat him... but when we leave the Mechanic (Proxxy) alive it means we've created another player in the game with their own agenda plus if we've completely convinced her to leave Oric it means he's out of a Mechanic.

I say Mechanic because Proxxy's Soul Star apparently has some sort of maintenance function and when she dies, she'll be regenerated as another but will still be the Mechanic due to her Soul Star. So we can say the role Proxxy fills is the Mechanic. That said if we had killed her then Oric would have regened her and he'd have a perfectly compliant 100% loyal Mechanic.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: March 13, 2014, 06:45:57 pm »

Why only this cycle?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or we could simply not kill any Siblings. We could get them on our side, just not on our party. Get them to help us.

You know, that grammar is kind of odd.  "Her soul rests her?"
Y'know, her soul rests her true form, like all the others. Like how Ciro is the Target, but we aren't fully realized with either or star or powers. Unless we do Soul Duel, in which we became a Soul Shaper.(original Target having something to do with Souls, with a crafting modifier attached)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: March 13, 2014, 06:48:15 pm »

...I've been assuming that was a typo for "here"
It's FEF, not FEOF

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: March 13, 2014, 07:22:03 pm »

"Six degrees of error" suggests that we need to break the cycle in seven ways.

Including Oric, there are seven siblings.

I don't think that this is a coincidence.

Like you said to derail ????'s plan we need to cause no less than seven major problems and they have to be problems that effect the plan. That said we might have already deviated more than expected, but the plan is still in motion.

I think the seven is just a significant number in general like the world being created in seven days, seven deadly sins, ect.

Though I should point out that ???? was hoping Ciro would suffer defeat, so the whole idea of Ciro being a vessel and the fact that the LSS didn't revive Ciro like it normally should could be a result of everything going as planned.
I think this might be taking it too literally.

Even if we assume it's correct, however, I'd read "six degrees" as six major, meaningful branching fuckups. That's not quite the same as "six problems," because each problem has to be a chaining point.

In other words, he calculated that we'll do A. If we somehow don't do A, he's calculated for that as well, and knows that we'll then do B, or maybe B, B2, or B3. Even if we don't do any of those, we'd then have to do C1-C6. When we manage to perform an H action, we'll be outside what he accounted for at the time.

So basically, the way I'm reading this is as just a phrase. If it's not just a phrase, I'd assume the way we'd foil him- which is different from doing anything we'd want to do, remember- is going to be by doing or exploiting something he didn't account for, or else we're screwed in the face of that level of planning.

But why would that do anything?

The Warrens are obviously pretty complex. Trying to treat the whole thing like an inverted block puzzle doesn't strike me as a very reasonable way to affect it.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: March 13, 2014, 07:29:04 pm »

I interpret it as similar or same as Six Sigma, which is a similar idea set.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: March 13, 2014, 07:44:41 pm »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: March 13, 2014, 07:49:42 pm »

So what you're saying is, we're trying to turn this into a Shin Megami Tensei game and we're trying to aim for the (comparatively) best ending.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12522 on: March 13, 2014, 07:52:37 pm »

Pretty much.

...I wonder if the destroy the world in order to get an early new game+ option is available :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: March 13, 2014, 09:06:09 pm »

"Six degrees of error" suggests that we need to break the cycle in seven ways.

Including Oric, there are seven siblings.

I don't think that this is a coincidence.

I think this might be taking it too literally.

Even if we assume it's correct, however, I'd read "six degrees" as six major, meaningful branching fuckups. That's not quite the same as "six problems," because each problem has to be a chaining point.

In other words, he calculated that we'll do A. If we somehow don't do A, he's calculated for that as well, and knows that we'll then do B, or maybe B, B2, or B3. Even if we don't do any of those, we'd then have to do C1-C6. When we manage to perform an H action, we'll be outside what he accounted for at the time.

So basically, the way I'm reading this is as just a phrase. If it's not just a phrase, I'd assume the way we'd foil him- which is different from doing anything we'd want to do, remember- is going to be by doing or exploiting something he didn't account for, or else we're screwed in the face of that level of planning.

That's more or less what I was thinking. By problems I meant unanticipated paths, I just oversimplified what I was thinking.
In addition, I think that ???? would have ways of re-railing the plan in the early stages... like when Riltia died unexpectedly.

So in order to beat ????'s plan we need to not only derail the plan, but make sure we don't get back on the tracks.

There's a mathematical game I remember where it is impossible to lose as long as you know how to correct the plan on fly. So basically there's a way to win regardless of what your opponent does and sooner or later the game will steer towards a specific ending. The only way to beat the player who has control of the game is to get them to screw up their pattern or break the rules of the game.

In ????'s plan, we already know that there is a lot of foreplanning and ???? is currently in control of the game. So as long as we stay within the predictable pattern, we're stuck. Are only choice is to break the rules, which in this case means taking paths that couldn't be predicted. In the case of Riltia's early death the path was unlikely, but not outside of the realm of predictability. As such the deviation was swept under the rug.
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1544