Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895225 times)

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #12525 on: March 13, 2014, 09:43:44 pm »

I've been over this. we want to derail the warrens...

Recruit Shopkeepers and mailmen.

Mailmen have access to BOMBS.  Shopkeepers have EYE LAZORS that don't require a roll.   what's more, They didn't require a roll on the anti-magic floor.

Are we, the players, "supposed" to have access to something as brokenly overpowered as an EYE LAZOR THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE A ROLL...I'm pretty sure we're not. which, of course is why we should do it.

to reiterate: LONG TERM PLAN:
1. recruit shopkeeper+mailman
2.  recruit siblings.
3. Convince oric to join us. (if he is the real final boss, tactical diplomacy will automatically fail or have horrible options)
4.  go fight the REAL final boss.  They'll pretty much have to show themselves at that point. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:04:16 pm by fractalman »
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12526 on: March 13, 2014, 10:10:33 pm »

The shopkeepers and the mailmen are spectators. They are likely too apathetic to be recruited. I mean, the fact that the shopkeepers haven't plundered Oric's dungeon dry already kind of show that they don't particularly care much about action.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12527 on: March 13, 2014, 10:13:35 pm »

Clearly we need to combine items to get the ultimate shovel/sword combo, and carve up the piece of land a shop keeper is standing on, and then carry it around like a palanquin/shield combo.
It's FEF, not FEOF

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12528 on: March 13, 2014, 10:16:29 pm »

Clearly we need to combine items to get the ultimate shovel/sword combo, and carve up the piece of land a shop keeper is standing on, and then carry it around like a palanquin/shield combo.
I'm betting that the shopkeeper will freak the fuck out if you try to use the swuvel around him. I mean, Spelunky and Nethack kind of taught me that shopkeepers do not like diggers.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ???
« Reply #12529 on: March 13, 2014, 10:21:05 pm »

Spoiler: Last Seraph's Lifeline (click to show/hide)
Oh yeah, and going back trough the thread, in Surface Tension, people were joking about giving Al a whip as a Castlevania joke. We've come full circle. :D

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12530 on: March 14, 2014, 12:11:27 am »

I've been over this. we want to derail the warrens...

Recruit Shopkeepers and mailmen.

Mailmen have access to BOMBS.  Shopkeepers have EYE LAZORS that don't require a roll.   what's more, They didn't require a roll on the anti-magic floor.

Are we, the players, "supposed" to have access to something as brokenly overpowered as an EYE LAZOR THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE A ROLL...I'm pretty sure we're not. which, of course is why we should do it.

to reiterate: LONG TERM PLAN:
1. recruit shopkeeper+mailman
2.  recruit siblings.
3. Convince oric to join us. (if he is the real final boss, tactical diplomacy will automatically fail or have horrible options)
4.  go fight the REAL final boss.  They'll pretty much have to show themselves at that point.
So, Capitalist Ark of the Covenant time?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12531 on: March 14, 2014, 01:47:47 am »

Oh yeah, and going back trough the thread, in Surface Tension, people were joking about giving Al a whip as a Castlevania joke. We've come full circle. :D

Interesting... A connection between a vampire and a demon. Al may end up siding with the LS at some point, whether by his own choice or not.

And in regards to the plan to break the Warrens:

I think that sums up the best way to do it. Pacifism Run ENGAGE!

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12532 on: March 14, 2014, 02:15:29 am »

So, Capitalist Ark of the Covenant time?
At the very next shopkeeper other than oric himself*, yes.

Last time we didn't get enough votes into "tactical barter/diplomacy shopkeeper" to even find out if it was possible.

Only question is HOW to do it: tactical diplomacy, or ring of persuation+bartering ram, or maybe some combination of the two.

*we do him later, for obvious reasons.

Agreed, except for anything dumb enough to attack us despite shopkeeper turret. and searchbots.  I think we could all do with a bit of revenge on those search bots.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:21:52 am by fractalman »
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12533 on: March 14, 2014, 06:44:24 am »

Interesting... A connection between a vampire and a demon. Al may end up siding with the LS at some point, whether by his own choice or not.

And in regards to the plan to break the Warrens:

His Tier Four is False God.
And to go play pacifist, we might have to go into the Depths, or the Light of the Greens', where the searchbots of the Underside killed Mili. Anywhere that isn't the Dungeon Level 4

Also:THE DRUID'S BULWARK IS A SELF-CAST,WE COULD HAVE USED IT THE ENTIRE TIME.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12534 on: March 14, 2014, 09:26:24 am »

* flameboy99 facepalms himself into oblivion.
Why did I never think of that? I'm not sure we had enough SP when we were exploring DL3, but we could've cast it in anticipation of a fight with Cain at the very least.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12535 on: March 14, 2014, 11:01:36 am »

* flameboy99 facepalms himself into oblivion.
Why did I never think of that? I'm not sure we had enough SP when we were exploring DL3, but we could've cast it in anticipation of a fight with Cain at the very least.
Al never used a spell. I'm sure.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12536 on: March 14, 2014, 11:31:00 am »

* Toaster grumbles that he suggested as such in Plan Al Tanks The Dragon
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12537 on: March 14, 2014, 10:09:55 pm »

Why only this cycle?
-snip-
Oric sure wanted us to be that.

Why only this cycle?

It's part of the plan...
This cycle in particular has something going on. Seems the angels were hoping that Ciro would be placed into an LSS.
Sounds to me like this isn't the first time they tried something like that.

Otherwise, Level 1 is Limbo, which we might better know as the Underside.
...Level 1 wasn't the Underside. The Underside wasn't even a level. DL 1 was pre-Underside.

DL2 would be Lust...
The explanation is stretching things a bit thin. "Things changed, which some people have said/implied happens everywhere, and Proxxy is a bit of a ditz."

DL3 would be Gluttony. Haha, oh, hi there Cain, didn't recognize you when you weren't butchering your Siblings to feast on their delicious soul-force. It's also reputed to be full of foul, icy rain, which might explain why it's full of null-water or whatever that stuff is. (As an aside, did we ever figure that out?) Even the level itself could be regarded as greedy, if we take its antimagic properties to be nomming instead of suppression.
You could argue this.

Unfortunately that's all we know about for the moment, so it's hard to take the comparison further. The Fourth Circle should be Greed, Fifth Wrath, Sixth Heresy, Seventh Violence, Eighth Fraud, and Ninth Treachery. Oric being the lord of DL8: Fraud would be an interesting facet.
Eh. You're not making a very good argument here.

So... that's interesting. Matches some stuff, seems odd elsewhere.
About what you'd expect for a completely random guess which is incorrect.

Sounds bizarre to have Wrath in charge of communications...
Riltia being in charge of Violence is particularly interesting, because she certainly doesn't seem violent.
Very convincing.

Also, there could be subtleties we're not getting here, like how Cain's not fat and Proxxy's not a succubus.
Or how you started out on a wrong path and never looked around until it was too late.

I now kind of want to draw Proxxy as a succubus.
Then draw it.

I'm betting that the shopkeeper will freak the fuck out if you try to use the swuvel around him. I mean, Spelunky and Nethack kind of taught me that shopkeepers do not like diggers.
What if you stole the whole shop?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12538 on: March 14, 2014, 10:22:01 pm »

Passive aggressive much?
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12539 on: March 14, 2014, 10:23:20 pm »

I don't like bad arguments. I do like deconstructing arguments. Do the math.

Nothing personal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 1544