Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894226 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #12480 on: March 08, 2014, 10:09:22 pm »

Hey Freeform, I know we are nowhere near the end, but what are you planning to do when you finish this story?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12481 on: March 08, 2014, 10:21:58 pm »

Hey Freeform, I know we are nowhere near the end, but what are you planning to do when you finish this story?

Well, we're almost halfway through (or 1/3 of the way through depending on the story path). Two more years seems reasonable for finishing the story. Let's see... at that point there are three likely possibilities:

1. disappear off the Internet to spend the next decade or so has a farmer
2. be homeless and thus not consistently on the Internet
3. start a new adventure

Current idea is a suggestion game similar to Warrens (but minus the dungeon feel) where you have two POV characters at the same time, taking up two halves of every image.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: March 08, 2014, 10:23:35 pm »

I had an idea similar to that, where I planned on using the right and left alignment feature for text, so that the text for the right half would be over on the right side and what-not.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: March 08, 2014, 11:27:22 pm »

Well, we're almost halfway through (or 1/3 of the way through depending on the story path). Two more years seems reasonable for finishing the story. Let's see... at that point there are three likely possibilities:

3. start a new adventure

Current idea is a suggestion game similar to Warrens (but minus the dungeon feel) where you have two POV characters at the same time, taking up two halves of every image.
I suspect that the extra levels are the underworld, where all the evil demons are.

Also, does anybody else kinda hope our whole party dies just so we could see what would happen?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: March 08, 2014, 11:43:58 pm »

3. start a new adventure

I suspect that the extra levels are the underworld, where all the evil demons are.

Also, does anybody else kinda hope our whole party dies just so we could see what would happen?
Now I do.

trekkie5249

• Bay Watcher
  • Phaser Rifleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: March 09, 2014, 02:28:13 am »

Kind of a late suggestion, but we should initiate a dance battle with Cain. Put on Dwarven title for extra chance at working.
The only problem with The Next Generation was Wesley never had a terrible airlock or engineering bay related accident that left just slush.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: March 09, 2014, 02:49:08 am »

Holy crap. Finally caught up again, and you people have been busy.

EDIT:
Thank him for his help. It's kinda surprising that a Dungeon Boss has been so helpful today.
Agree to pass his message along.  Ask him why Oric is a Thief.  That'll get his goat, so he'll probably start talking.
+1 to these. I'm actually a bit wary of getting an unstable psychopath to rant on his most hated subject, but it's got potential, at least.

Speaking of which, I didn't see any discussion on Cain's mention of the weapon and Ecco and Floe. I guess we don't really have any information on it, but that sounds especially interesting now that we know that the Warrens are some kind of power plant or food mill. For that matter, it raises some questions as to exactly what the Siblings are doing down here and why; it's been mentioned that each has their own goals, which sounds trickier when you're essentially a living turbine in a regularly recycled engine.

Especially since as far as we're aware, Proxxy was not aware of this. She thought she was actually supposed to kill us because we were evil or something. Especially for a mechanic, being that apparently ignorant of her and her realm's true purpose strikes me as fascinating and bizarre.

We really should have tried to discuss the nature of cycles with her in more detail when we had the chance.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:10:32 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12487 on: March 09, 2014, 05:35:46 am »

EDIT:
Thank him for his help. It's kinda surprising that a Dungeon Boss has been so helpful today.
Agree to pass his message along.  Ask him why Oric is a Thief.  That'll get his goat, so he'll probably start talking.
+1 to these. I'm actually a bit wary of getting an unstable psychopath to rant on his most hated subject, but it's got potential, at least.

Speaking of which, I didn't see any discussion on Cain's mention of the weapon and Ecco and Floe. I guess we don't really have any information on it, but that sounds especially interesting now that we know that the Warrens are some kind of power plant or food mill. For that matter, it raises some questions as to exactly what the Siblings are doing down here and why; it's been mentioned that each has their own goals, which sounds trickier when you're essentially a living turbine in a regularly recycled engine.

Especially since as far as we're aware, Proxxy was not aware of this. She thought she was actually supposed to kill us because we were evil or something. Especially for a mechanic, being that apparently ignorant of her and her realm's true purpose strikes me as fascinating and bizarre.

We really should have tried to discuss the nature of cycles with her in more detail when we had the chance.
Agreed. +1 to everything.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: March 09, 2014, 05:49:54 am »

We're almost certainly the weapon. That, or our Soul Star.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: March 09, 2014, 06:27:32 am »

EDIT:

Agreed. +1 to everything.
+1

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: March 09, 2014, 01:00:04 pm »

That sounds fun. Can't wait to see what it is...

Something like that is likely.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: March 12, 2014, 10:42:12 am »

Lying creator, give us an update, please.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: March 12, 2014, 05:29:07 pm »

Something like that is likely.
I have the strange feeling we aren't any sort of weapon, but have been made into a weapon for the rising up of the angels for the exact purpose of releasing the Oversoul, and as such, are being a conduit for the Oversoul, if only for the cycle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: March 13, 2014, 01:51:35 pm »

Why only this cycle?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12494 on: March 13, 2014, 02:34:00 pm »

Why only this cycle?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:36:39 pm by javierpwn »
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1544