Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895173 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #12495 on: March 13, 2014, 02:35:05 pm »

Why only this cycle?

It's part of the plan...

This cycle in particular has something going on. Seems the angels were hoping that Ciro would be placed into an LSS.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:37:29 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: March 13, 2014, 04:08:19 pm »

It seems to me like we're gonna have to decide who the real bad guys are - Oric and his Siblings, or the Last Seraphim and her Angels. And it probably won't be clear-cut.

And it probably will be soon.

Also, an interesting thought. Cain told us that Oric refused to give his soul star back to the Seraphims, and killed all but one of them. He also mentioned that his own soul star was stolen by Oric. Could Cain be the Last Seraphim? It would explain why Oric is keeping him captive, and he could very well still be a Sibling, since the other Siblings replaced the Seraphims, becoming Seraphims themselves, and making the two terms mostly synonymous.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: March 13, 2014, 04:14:23 pm »

It could be easily be the fact that both are hostile forces, and we should destroy both. Cain referred to them as demons - and what are demons but fallen angels?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: March 13, 2014, 05:21:52 pm »

Why only this cycle?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It seems to me like we're gonna have to decide who the real bad guys are - Oric and his Siblings, or the Last Seraphim and her Angels. And it probably won't be clear-cut.

And it probably will be soon.
This seems likely, and may be what FFS was referring to regarding choosing allies and the final story path.

Hell, this may even be what he meant regarding the current story being unchanged. Maybe we have a "default" path, like defeating the Siblings and releasing The Last Seraphim, or defeating the Siblings and then defeating her, and so far all our allying and lootmongering and revivals haven't changed that overarching path or goal. We're still gunning for Oric or at least aiming to escape from or "beat" the Warrens, right?

Also, an interesting thought. Cain told us that Oric refused to give his soul star back to the Seraphims, and killed all but one of them. He also mentioned that his own soul star was stolen by Oric. Could Cain be the Last Seraphim? It would explain why Oric is keeping him captive, and he could very well still be a Sibling, since the other Siblings replaced the Seraphims, becoming Seraphims themselves, and making the two terms mostly synonymous.
We don't know anything about that last part, though. They replaced them in terms of taking over their levels, but we don't know that they absorbed any of their traits or anything like that. You'll notice that Cain and the other Siblings look relatively human, whereas The Last Seraphim was described as having a giant toothy maw.

We also know for a fact that Cain is a serial killer, which would make his origins kind of convoluted. He must have broken free or not been imprisoned yet at some point, and he's supposedly been feasting on his siblings. So... I guess maybe he was referring to his original siblings and there was a civil war or something, but it seems more likely that he went berserk and was imprisoned for murdering his current fellows.

Cain also seems to hate Oric for stealing his Star and nothing else. The Last Seraphim would have a laundry list of grievances, and probably be far more scheming to boot.

Finally, Cain mentioned that The Last Seraphim is being used for Oric's power; we're actually suspecting she may be the Oversoul, in fact. Other than being imprisoned, Cain doesn't look like any kind of conduit or nexus of all the soul power in the Warrens.

It could be easily be the fact that both are hostile forces, and we should destroy both. Cain referred to them as demons - and what are demons but fallen angels?
Well... it's pretty clear that they're both "hostile" to an extent, but that goes both ways. What exactly should our criteria for deciding that we "should" destroy something be?

Oh yes, so Things:
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: March 13, 2014, 05:45:25 pm »

The Last Seraphim was described as having a giant toothy maw.

giant toothy maw.

Spoiler: Giant Toothy Maw? (click to show/hide)

DL2, Lust: Proxxy

More like Proxxxy, amirite?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12500 on: March 13, 2014, 05:50:09 pm »

Spoiler: Giant Toothy Maw? (click to show/hide)
Yeah, that's what it made me think of too.

Notice no arms, either, but what appears to be a wing (vaguely). Not sure if it's just body-glow or theres another hidden behind riltia's body.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12501 on: March 13, 2014, 05:54:50 pm »

The wing was a result of the Willborn process fusing Riltia with a nearby fairy if I remember correctly. However... now I really want to find the location of the Reverent Savior to see what the names of its second shift abilities are. Or what it does for that matter.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: March 13, 2014, 05:55:26 pm »

The voice's called Ecco, and, if I get Cain's insinuations, he's on DL4.

Yup:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:57:20 pm by Darvi »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: March 13, 2014, 05:57:21 pm »

As best as I can tell, they are indeed wings.

The wing was a result of the Willborn process fusing Riltia with a nearby fairy if I remember correctly. However... now I really want to find the location of the Reverent Savior to see what the names of its second shift abilities are. Or what it does for that matter.

You know, that grammar is kind of odd.  "Her soul rests her?"

She.  DERP
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: March 13, 2014, 05:58:03 pm »

He.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: March 13, 2014, 05:58:25 pm »

You're right- I'm thinking the Eye.  Derp.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: March 13, 2014, 05:59:00 pm »

Yup:

Wait since Ecco has Riprivers Castle... Ooh maybe we'll have to siege it or something. :D
It's FEF, not FEOF

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: March 13, 2014, 05:59:16 pm »

I think that was the shortest post with actual sort-of content I've ever made.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: March 13, 2014, 06:03:43 pm »

"Six degrees of error" suggests that we need to break the cycle in seven ways.

Including Oric, there are seven siblings.

I don't think that this is a coincidence.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: March 13, 2014, 06:10:49 pm »

So therefore we need to do something completely unpredictable and possibly devastating to Oric every floor...

Hey is that Give the Anti-Anti-Magic-Potion to Cain thing still going on?

I'mma gonna +1 it
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:19:40 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1544