Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 36886 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 04:10:46 pm »

This is the reason I'm getting a DS, personally. From the looks of it, I think it'll be more like DPPt, in that there are a few new Pokemon (100 or so) but a lot of callbacks from earlier generations. Unova's isolation was interesting in that everything was new, but I actually (somehow) prefer fighting Zubat to Swoobat. Magikarp are supposed to be everywhere.

I would take 80 well-designed Pokemon over 20 good ones and 180 mediocre ones any day of the week.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 04:25:07 pm »

This is the reason I'm getting a DS, personally. From the looks of it, I think it'll be more like DPPt, in that there are a few new Pokemon (100 or so) but a lot of callbacks from earlier generations. Unova's isolation was interesting in that everything was new, but I actually (somehow) prefer fighting Zubat to Swoobat. Magikarp are supposed to be everywhere.

I would take 80 well-designed Pokemon over 20 good ones and 180 mediocre ones any day of the week.
black and white 2 have the old stuff
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 04:30:56 pm »

I'm interested by how Froakie appears to be wearing spectacles.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 04:34:00 pm »

black and white 2 have the old stuff
B/W 1 also had old stuff. You just needed to beat the elite 4 first or something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 04:36:13 pm »

I like how the male character has a man purse since it takes place in Poke-France.
It's FEF, not FEOF

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 05:15:15 pm »

Hmm, so Nintendo, you think I should buy a 3DS...nah. Wait, so you have Pokemon on this 3DS? And Ocarina of Time and Star Fox? ....you know what, throw Majora's Mask in there and we may have a deal...

Seriously I may get a 3DS at some point, and if so may as well also get this game xD

And also Seriously: Majora's Mask 3DS, please? I'll give you my monies...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 05:16:43 pm »

Hmm, so Nintendo, you think I should buy a 3DS...nah. Wait, so you have Pokemon on this 3DS? And Ocarina of Time and Star Fox? ....you know what, throw Majora's Mask in there and we may have a deal...

Seriously I may get a 3DS at some point, and if so may as well also get this game xD

And also Seriously: Majora's Mask 3DS, please? I'll give you my monies...
Have they ever remade Majora's Mask?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 05:25:48 pm »

They rereleased it on the Virtual Console and a special bonus to Wind Waker pre-orders...but no, no actual remakes. I was saying if they did it'd pretty much sell the system to me. OoT3D and Star Fox 3D already nearly have, Pokemon takes it even closer into the realms of "depends how the price for the 3DS has come down in a year"...MM3D would put it in "TAKE MY MONIES NOW!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 05:35:08 pm »

They rereleased it on the Virtual Console and a special bonus to Wind Waker pre-orders...but no, no actual remakes. I was saying if they did it'd pretty much sell the system to me. OoT3D and Star Fox 3D already nearly have, Pokemon takes it even closer into the realms of "depends how the price for the 3DS has come down in a year"...MM3D would put it in "TAKE MY MONIES NOW!"
This, basically. I'd love a portable Majora's Mask.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 06:15:28 pm »

Just when I was beginning to feel buyer's remorse for the 3DS, Game Freak saves the day.
So far, this is looking pretty slick.
+The Pokemon actual move while fighting, recoil in pain(Not a sadist), definitely a step up from "energy hose" animations.
-The region looks like its based off of France. When you say "adventure", you don't think France.
+/- Starters don't look like ass, unlike like Unovas'(But then, again I like the Vanilluxe lines, so my aesthetic opinion probably doesn't matter), but I'm not really "feeling it" from any of 'em. Then again, the only Gens in which I wanted all of the starters are Gen 1 and 3. I'll probably choose Froakie, and if I can breed early on, trade for a Chespin too.(female starters are really handy).
+/- Roller Skates are too retro, but a change of pace is nice. I usually run everywhere anyway(bump into too much shit on a bike).
+/- Cool looking Legendary's, Yultcher(Nicknaming Y Chromosome legendary) looks like it needs some meat on its bones. I'm liking DNBambi's freaky alien look. I hope the don't go overboard on Legendary's like they did last gen.
I liked Gen 5, but I thought the Geography of it needed a little work. Maybe it was because Unova is heavily urbanized compared to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, but there wasn't much room to go exploring for rare pokes, sweet treasure, and battles. There were still some optional areas(Desert Resort, That cave leading into the Volcarona ruins, and Plasma Lab route), but the Pokemon series as a whole has a problem with linearity.
As far as story is concerned, I think they should dial it back just a little. I think B/W2 was the sweet spot, but I felt like they tried too hard to make give two shits about N, Cheren, and Bianca in B/W. They should try to follow the manga's mix of "AWESOME" and down to earthiness feel (bear in mind I've only finished Red's arc and even then they tried to shoe in a half hearted "pollution is bad m'kay" moment).
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 06:56:04 pm »

Also, the SCIENCE IS AMAZING! guy in the first town seemed to be missing from B/W. Or he said something different, but that would be a silly idea. That guy is how you tell the home towns apart from the normal towns, since he always says more or less the same thing. ;D
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 06:58:20 pm »

Also, the SCIENCE IS AMAZING! guy in the first town seemed to be missing from B/W. Or he said something different, but that would be a silly idea. That guy is how you tell the home towns apart from the normal towns, since he always says more or less the same thing. ;D
I'm pretty sure there's a guy who comments about Infared communications in B/W.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 06:58:57 pm »

He was the IR Communications Guy this time. I'm pretty sure he showed up in both Nuvema Town and Aspertia City in BW2.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 07:07:18 pm »

But IR was the least responsive thing I've used with my brother.

Then again, this was with my Black 1 and his Black 2, so it might've just been that doesn't work entirely well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 07:23:47 pm »

What I'm disappointed in is the lack of Ruby and Sapphire remakes. I suppose the purpose of the remakes was so you could get all the old Pokemon, due to there being a transfer gap between gen 2 and 3.

This Gen also feels a bit rushed, it's been what, 2 years? Gen 4 lasted 5 freaking years.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19