Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 36842 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Pokemon X & Y
« on: January 08, 2013, 08:33:02 am »

New Pokemon games. They're coming in October on the 3DS. 3D graphics, new starters (with English names!), and the legendaries have been revealed (no names here).

Trailer!

The Pokemon spoiler season is always exciting. I'm looking forward to it.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 08:36:21 am »

I almost wish I had a 3DS now.  Yeah I think the names are silly, but on the plus side, it's been so long since I've played a Pokemon game that picking up the a brand new one might feel like playing the first again.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 08:42:35 am »

I just ejaculated all over my monitor.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 08:45:29 am »

I'll hold out for Z version

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 08:49:56 am »

And this might actually convince me to buy a 3DS, when I actually get time to play with it. Good thing they decided to do away with sprites. Those Gen V animated sprites looked a bit creepy to me.

The new fire starter's also, by the look of it, a mix between Eevee an Zorua. And the water starter...There aren't many frog Pokémons out there beyond Politoed and the Croagunk line, are there? The grass starter doesn't seem to relate to anything existing beyond a passing resemblence to the Electric Mice, Mime Jr. and Nuzleaf.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:54:14 am by JWNoctis »
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 08:55:54 am »

Insta-Buy. Looks great; I'm glad that they are trying something new.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 08:57:22 am »

I'm already disappointed in the new water starter (which is what I will be taking if I do end up playing. Water all the way.) Frogs are okay I guess. But come on. It's a starter. Water starters gota be strong and beefy. Well see how it evolves I guess. That penguin thing was really saved by it's evolutions.

Also does anyone else think that moving away from the more simple sprites into 3d and complex sprites was sorta a bad move, not just for this game but all handhelds? There seems to be a point. Like maybe Two to three years ago. That everything just got ugly. At least that is how I feel. Almost like we are back to when consoles first started with their shitty 3Ds.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 08:59:26 am »

I'm already disappointed in the new water starter (which is what I will be taking if I do end up playing. Water all the way.) Frogs are okay I guess. But come on. It's a starter. Water starters gota be strong and beefy. Well see how it evolves I guess. That penguin thing was really saved by it's evolutions.

Also does anyone else think that moving away from the more simple sprites into 3d and complex sprites was sorta a bad move, not just for this game but all handhelds? There seems to be a point. Like maybe Two to three years ago. That everything just got ugly. At least that is how I feel. Almost like we are back to when consoles first started with their shitty 3Ds.
It's an otter, not a penguin!
I agree that they should have kept the normal sprites, though. If only because ROM hacking will be a lot tougher like this.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 09:01:49 am »

I was talking about the steel penguin cross. I never played the game with the otter. That otter is a fucking disappointment to water starters past though. It's last evolution looks pretty fucking cool though. But all the last evolutions for the water starters are always like the best of their generation.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:05:51 am »

Ohh, like that. I agree on that for all generations except the second - Typhlosion > Feraligatr.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 09:06:28 am »

What. We can't be friends anymore. In fact we are now rivals! To the death.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 09:13:46 am »

Isn't that more like mortal enemy?:P

For me it's probably Charizard, Meganium, Blaziken, Empoleon and Samurott if you are interested.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 09:39:37 am »

Yes. Mortal enemies. Thank you.

Also no love for Swampert? I mean. Maybe I could understand Meganium if you are a giant wuss and Charizard is actually fairly cool. But Blaziken?

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 09:42:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:51:31 am by justinlee999 »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 09:49:58 am »

Holy mother of video game systems I can't afford.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19