Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 36853 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 09:55:22 am »

Woah. Woaahh. This is...real?

Is it just me or are those some ridiculously awesome looking legendaries? Especially the bird (who I guess is from "Y" based on the logos).

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 10:05:06 am »

Yes. Mortal enemies. Thank you.

Also no love for Swampert? I mean. Maybe I could understand Meganium if you are a giant wuss and Charizard is actually fairly cool. But Blaziken?

Well, Blastoise, Feraligatr and Swampert too if you say that. Generally if I'm going water type I will go for Vaporeon, and if that's not available, the water starter. My selection probably has something to do with my latest playthroughs in games featuring them.

Incidentially my best run in Hoenn was with a Swampert and a Gardevoir, and my last completed SS run was with a Feraligatr. My selection of Meganium over Feraligatr was probably caused by reading too much PMD-related RP logs and arts online fairly recently. No hard feelings, and nothing personal. :P
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 10:23:33 am »

Woah. Woaahh. This is...real?

Is it just me or are those some ridiculously awesome looking legendaries? Especially the bird (who I guess is from "Y" based on the logos).

The X stag is way cooler. It's like they took Virizion and replaced the awkward look with badass.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 11:00:52 am »

I will reserve judgement until I see some more new mons. I know I hated B+W right up until I saw Galvantula and Chandelure.

Giant fucking devilbird is pretty cool though.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 12:55:04 pm »

I'll hold out for Z version
2013 seems to be the year of the interesting 3DS games.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 01:01:56 pm »

Holy mother of video game systems I can't afford.
+1
Would love to have this, though...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 01:15:30 pm »

I'll hold out for Z version
2013 seems to be the year of the interesting 3DS games.

My, my, my.  I'm really glad I picked up a 3DS at a going-out-of-business sale, in spite of the cost.  This, Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey, Harvest Moon, both Soul Hackers and Shin MegaTen 4...it's a beautiful thing. 

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 01:18:38 pm »

I am pumped about this.

Spoiler: Starters (click to show/hide)
Obviously there's the fire/water/grass trio going on, but some folks have noticed a reverse effectiveness possibility.
Fennekin used some sort of psychic move that resembled psywave or confusion. So, Fire/Psychic.
Chespin used a dark-tinted claw attack that I would guess as Night Slash or Shadow Claw. Grass/Dark. (Though it sure isn't a Shiftry.)
Froakie is... well, it has gloves and I think that was Close Combat it used. Maybe it'll look more like a fighter later. Water/Fighting.

Psychic > Fighting > Dark > Psychic as well as Fire < Water < Grass < Fire. Neat, eh?

I'm just glad that fox thing is unlikely to turn into another fire/fighting type. Though I'd call it 50/50 that Gamefreak goes a-trollin' and gives it a popout fist or something in its third evolution. I'll probably be going with Froakie to keep parity. I've done Charizard, Meganium, Swampert, Infernape, Serperior, so it feels right to choose Froakie.

X and Y look pretty neat, though X seems like a grass legendary that would overshadow the previous (Celebi, Virizion, etc), as well as having that Kyogre>Groudon problem of being slaughtered by the other cover legendary, assuming that Y is flying. This could possibly be counteracted by secondary types, but I'm at a loss as to what they could be. Perhaps Flying/Dark or Psychic for Y, but X seems like... a rainbow-horned Great Forest Spirit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Either way, the giant devil-bird is pretty rad, so I'll be getting that version, pending further information.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 01:21:40 pm »

Suddenly I'm much happier that you can't behead pokemon in battles, Barbarossa.

Fire/Psychic would be pretty cool, especially since I usually always pick the fire starter.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 01:24:03 pm »

Awwwkyooote! A fennec fox pokemon.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 01:35:49 pm »

It would seem that this generation's pokemon are a lot more simply designed than the previous two. I like it. The generation 4 and 5 pokemon were just so... busy.

Look at that. Two impossible wings, a deformed tail, spikes on everything, harsh angles, two gangly arms, a weird double-crested head, back legs thrown in behind, shoulderpads...

Leaf wings. Four legs. Sauropod neck. Some leaves on the front and bananas on the chin. Job well done.

It's a four-armed ball of rocks, and it's coming to get you. Straightforward, looks great.

Hopefully they don't use the new 3d to make every other pokemon look like a chaotic catastrophe and keep up the good work.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

BlackZX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 03:51:31 pm »

I think only the 3D design will save this game, so true pokemon fans will enjoy it, but all new 100+ pokemons is indeed not needed, there are like million of them already :/  like what the fuck...
I Do Not Forgive...
I Do Not Forget...
EXPECT ME!!!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 03:59:58 pm »

I think only the 3D design will save this game, so true pokemon fans will enjoy it, but all new 100+ pokemons is indeed not needed, there are like million of them already :/  like what the fuck...
3D aside, New pokemon are the whole thing; The story certainly isn't going to carry it all the way for most people and its not exactly uberdifficult like DF or Dark Souls. Not Gen 5 levels of new pokemon, thats far too many really. More like the previous generations, which had a good chunk of new pokemon but didn't try to fill up an entire pokedex with only new. The metagame players get a new bunch of pokemon to figure out, the people who missed the previous pokemon games get to try a new iteration, and everyone else gets another reason to eventually get a 3DS probably, or ignores it.

Also, theres not even a thousand pokes yet. If you want to complain about too many thing go look at Magic the gathering or Final Fantasy or something. ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 04:02:12 pm »

3D aside, New pokemon are the whole thing; The story certainly isn't going to carry it all the way for most people and its not exactly uberdifficult like DF or Dark Souls. Not Gen 5 levels of new pokemon, thats far too many really. More like the previous generations, which had a good chunk of new pokemon but didn't try to fill up an entire pokedex with only new. The metagame players get a new bunch of pokemon to figure out, the people who missed the previous pokemon games get to try a new iteration, and everyone else gets another reason to eventually get a 3DS probably, or ignores it.

Also, theres not even a thousand pokes yet. If you want to complain about too many thing go look at Magic the gathering or Final Fantasy or something. ;)
To be honest this game is probably the only reason lots of people are even buying a 3DS. None of the games have really seemed to stand out yet, except for the OoT remake and that sequel to Pokemon Rumble.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 04:07:00 pm »

To be honest this game is probably the only reason lots of people are even buying a 3DS. None of the games have really seemed to stand out yet, except for the OoT remake and that sequel to Pokemon Rumble.
If I had the money, I'd have bought a 3DS a while ago. There's some pretty cool things on it :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19