Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861013 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #11040 on: March 18, 2014, 09:39:26 am »

That's a "zweifire_off" you're wanting to make?  Been around since October or so.
Ah.  I should redouble my efforts to find a zweihander again, then.  It was not in the wiki (which is, admittedly, a bit slow to catch up to the rapid pace of changes), and the one time I found that blade was, I think, before then.  Thanks. ^_^

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: March 18, 2014, 10:34:37 am »

Is it possible to mod in seeds, or are they hardcoded? Also, what's a general guide for pricing objects, or should I not bother with that?

I still remember my first game on 0.9, and getting into a semi truck and driving down a highway as fast as I could for fun.

And then a moose got hit and didn't die somehow, and rolled up and broke through my windshield. Then I was trying to control the semi while smacking the moose with a machete.

Why does that never happen in my games? :'(
Because Janet is more awesome than the rest of us combined, perhaps?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11042 on: March 18, 2014, 10:54:53 am »

I have an idea. Instead of discussing which sword was or is better in real life let's just stick to which items are better within the game based upon their game statistics and leave history out of it.

We have way too many people here with PHD's in swordology.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #11043 on: March 18, 2014, 11:05:07 am »

(I removed a silly argument that was kinda heated.  Please let the spirit of calm envelop you as you continue to get killed by living dead animals.)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: March 18, 2014, 11:12:45 am »

I have an idea. Instead of discussing which sword was or is better in real life let's just stick to which items are better within the game based upon their game statistics and leave history out of it.

We have way too many people here with PHD's in swordology.
I'd actually prefer the broad and the katana to be apples and oranges deals. Like being able to block more with the braod instead of the katana, which is just kinda better for attack and defense. Some sort of trade off would make things there interesting I think.

Also, anyone know any good modding resources for the game? Specifically, when it comes to creatures. I've been talking off and on with Janet and she did mention wanting to see if she can mod the soldier and cop zombies to be able to fire guns. Doing stuff Romero style as far as zombie limitations go might be pretty interesting.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: March 18, 2014, 11:15:34 am »

Also, anyone know any good modding resources for the game? Specifically, when it comes to creatures. I've been talking off and on with Janet and she did mention wanting to see if she can mod the soldier and cop zombies to be able to fire guns. Doing stuff Romero style as far as zombie limitations go might be pretty interesting.
As far as I can tell, from reading the outdated wiki(I haven't touched creature .jsons), is that there's a number of hardcoded special attack tags that can be given to a creature.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: March 18, 2014, 11:18:28 am »

I guess it's time to go json hunting for a turret. Variability of damage is kinda important since I do think it'd be a good idea to have the cop's ranged attack be generally crappier than the milzed.

Did a bit of json digging. Looks like creatures are limited to one special attack, so you can't have a milzed use a rifle and expect it to have infectious bites.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:23:56 am by chaoticag »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: March 18, 2014, 04:14:39 pm »

I guess it's time to go json hunting for a turret. Variability of damage is kinda important since I do think it'd be a good idea to have the cop's ranged attack be generally crappier than the milzed.

Did a bit of json digging. Looks like creatures are limited to one special attack, so you can't have a milzed use a rifle and expect it to have infectious bites.
Have the milzed and polzed spawn with some sort of mouth armor to explain that. Police zombies could be any sort of scrap, as they try to desperately try to contain the situation and fail, while the soldiers would have gas masks and such.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: March 18, 2014, 05:40:18 pm »

A monster that raises your morale and makes it harder to resist and fight back as long as your morale is positive IS actually a pretty good idea.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #11049 on: March 18, 2014, 05:43:02 pm »

Cannabis Beast.

Or we could just use smokers. They could carry more weed than most zombies.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: March 18, 2014, 05:47:31 pm »

Unless you have some on you, in which case they chase you down to get it from you!

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: March 18, 2014, 05:57:05 pm »

Unless you have some on you, in which case they chase you down to get it from you!

You hear someone talking behind you
'DUUUUDE! GIMME THAT KUSH!'

No man. Imagine. Instead of "BRAAIINS"

It's "DAAAAANNNK"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: March 18, 2014, 06:00:29 pm »

This is what happens when you want to stay true to an all-around drug addiction.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: March 19, 2014, 02:35:06 am »

FYI our awesome buildmaster Narc has packaged the requisite .dll files with the experimental builds, so faffing about with those should no longer be necessary.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also prototype hordes, and I'm surprised no one picked up on:
so you can say e.g. that attaching a "headlight" (flashlight) or rear-view mirror with duct tape works
Yes, they work.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: March 19, 2014, 03:56:52 am »

I approve of this recent turn of conversation.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1086