Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861805 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4470 on: July 13, 2013, 06:03:57 pm »

Also, will a coilgun draw energy from your bionics?

If no, can that be included?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: July 13, 2013, 06:05:33 pm »

Might be nice to have some bionic that allows it to act as a UPS.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: July 13, 2013, 06:19:17 pm »

Do any of you have really nice houses/complexes you'd like to show off? I need ideas for my soon-to-be base.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: July 13, 2013, 06:19:51 pm »

Might be nice to have some bionic that allows it to act as a UPS.
There's a method to link your bionics to powered armor, but I don't think it works for anything else that wants a UPS, unfortunately.

Do any of you have really nice houses/complexes you'd like to show off? I need ideas for my soon-to-be base.
I'm diving through a lab right this moment, but I can show off my WARBUS when I get back to it.

EDIT: Made it out, didn't get all the way down but looted a few batteries mostly.  MiGos are FUN!

Currently incomplete due to lack of batteries and integrated toolset.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 06:39:09 pm by Girlinhat »

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: July 13, 2013, 06:55:40 pm »

Where are the turrets? It's nice to put turrets in the back with boards blocking so they only have a 90 degree arc each. I myself don't really use them to kill monsters but to make sure that it's safe to disembark as I really don't have a lot of vision when im driving :P

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: July 13, 2013, 06:58:21 pm »

Turrets are tricky.  You can't just use any old gun, so I've been looking for flamethrowers (gasoline is infinite!) to mount on the sides and rear.  Probably end up with 2 on each side and 1 in the rear, just to spray fire EVERYWHERE.  Might have to convert to electric engines then, or just mount my 3rd engine as a Large Electric so it'll run as emergency backup engine.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: July 13, 2013, 07:02:16 pm »

Turrets are tricky.  You can't just use any old gun, so I've been looking for flamethrowers (gasoline is infinite!) to mount on the sides and rear.  Probably end up with 2 on each side and 1 in the rear, just to spray fire EVERYWHERE.  Might have to convert to electric engines then, or just mount my 3rd engine as a Large Electric so it'll run as emergency backup engine.

Gas pumps can run dry, last I heard.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: July 13, 2013, 07:04:30 pm »

Not a big deal, really.  The whole point of the WARBUS is being mobile.  I can move to another town and loot the gas stations and hardware stores of their gasoline, and run electric when the gas is low.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: July 13, 2013, 07:14:13 pm »

I spawned with that bionic, and and found some power armor.

And light power, seems kinda of shitty.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: July 13, 2013, 07:46:18 pm »

There's no reason not to try, unless the clothing is damaged.  If it's damaged, you'll try to repair it and possibly make it worse.  If it's not, you can activate your sewing kit and select the article of clothing.  It will simply say "You practice sewing", and use 1 thread.  Keep doing it, and you'll train your sewing until the rng decides you succeed at fitting/reinforcing the article.
Indeed. Both thread and rags are very easy to come by. I use Sinew instead of thread actually, butchered from wolves and such.
Thread is incredibly easy to get. Each window gives you 300? thread each, if you disassemble the 3ft string down to thread.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: July 13, 2013, 08:57:58 pm »

Can you reenforce Kevlar vest?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: July 13, 2013, 10:30:07 pm »

I'm diving through a lab right this moment, but I can show off my WARBUS when I get back to it.

EDIT: Made it out, didn't get all the way down but looted a few batteries mostly.  MiGos are FUN!

Currently incomplete due to lack of batteries and integrated toolset.

This is amazing.

You made it from a schoolbus, right?
I need to put something interesting here.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: July 13, 2013, 11:02:39 pm »

From scratch.  I pulled a working motorbike over to a car with no engine (NOT a "Car Chassis").  I ripped the car apart, and started a new construction using the center column of frames first, and mounted the motorcycle engine so I could drive it over to the next wrecked car and strip its shell out, find engines, etc.  Things like engines and steel plating have been FAR too heavy for me to carry, so I'd have to drive to them, park, and assemble on the spot.

Raided a military bunker and the turrets handed over some 700 batteries, as well as my skills enabling me to make batteries from acid.  With luck I'll be doing a LOT more welding soon and expanding on this.  In particular I want to get some Hard Plating mounted on the front, so I can smash through whole buildings without stopping.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: July 13, 2013, 11:29:02 pm »

I had the same problem with carry weight but instead of doing a rolling assembly, I found a mostly-working flatbed truck and gased it up from the wrecks. I drove it, parked in central spots, and leapfrogged entire cars' worth of frames, seats, engines, batteries into the truck bed.

the / inventory menu lets you instantly move stuff from one side of you to the other, so moving a car's worth of scrap into a truckbed takes like 15 minutes, game-time, tops. I've been using the parts to build a solar-powered 4-wheeler to scout and carry scrap. If I find a Public Works building, I'm SO going to move in and take over their garage.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: July 13, 2013, 11:35:33 pm »

Yeah, I recently realized the / menu can move items into a vehicle's containers, which is SO useful for those massive engines and plates you otherwise can't move.

Although hilariously unrealistic, I plan to have a rear rack holding a few parts, namely a "box" that contains 2 frames, 2 bicycle tires, a saddle, and a set of controls.  For 300 battery (or even better, integrated toolset) you can make a bicycle with a trunk space, which can somehow haul V8 engines.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 1086