Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861538 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4440 on: July 12, 2013, 04:22:09 pm »

I'm not criticizing, I was just worried that some a***hole lawyer would sue the team for using Triffids or something and bring the project to an halt. Glad to hear all's well.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: July 12, 2013, 04:36:53 pm »

I want to get into archery PURELY to get exploding arrows.
This is purely the best reason ever.

Because I've gotten lucky enough to carve a few explosive arrow heads and make good arrows out of them.

They don't come back after being shot though, but are like mobile grenades. :P

...Do not shoot at point blank range. Or even then.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: July 12, 2013, 05:03:24 pm »

I'm not criticizing, I was just worried that some a***hole lawyer would sue the team for using Triffids or something and bring the project to an halt. Glad to hear all's well.

Nah for the game to be sued by anything of Triffids the game would have to be about triffids, the game would probably have to be called "Day of the Triffids". Putting in cameo roles is perfectly fine without needing express permission especially as there isn't any artwork being used.

The only way anything infringing could happen is using some trademarked item and then making it defamatory i.e. Drinking can of Coca-Cola causes your teeth to fall out, even then as it's an open source game and not being sold and to be honest it isn't a popular game in terms of milllions of users and stuff they won't even bother doing anything.

Luckily any action would just be Cease and Desist which is very easy to comply with and no legal fees neccessary

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: July 12, 2013, 05:06:49 pm »

Well, 2 days after the destruction of the spire there are still fungaloids. Not losts of them, but they keep spawning (along with fungal zombies). Will I have to clear them out by myself? or will they just despawn eventually? I hope that if I don't kill them, at least they stop breeding.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: July 12, 2013, 05:16:29 pm »

Well, 2 days after the destruction of the spire there are still fungaloids. Not losts of them, but they keep spawning (along with fungal zombies). Will I have to clear them out by myself? or will they just despawn eventually? I hope that if I don't kill them, at least they stop breeding.
I believe once the spire is gone, the regional population doesn't replenish.  So if you keep killing them, they'll come less and less frequent, until they stop.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: July 12, 2013, 05:46:26 pm »

Explosive shotgun shells are like hitscan grenades that also destroy terrain. It's pretty much the best thing ever... can't speak for exploding arrows though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: July 13, 2013, 03:29:05 am »

I just had an idea.

Improvised welder.

A cobbled together collection of soldering irons and amplifier circuits. It can be used as a welder, but it (requires extra power/can't hold as many batteries) as a normal welder.

Parts:
4 soldering irons
Power Converter
2 Amplifier Circuits
20 copper wire

Should be rather bulky.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: July 13, 2013, 07:23:39 am »

I'd think building a torch welder would make a lot more sense for improvised, but then we'd need propane tanks...
Nom nom nom

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4449 on: July 13, 2013, 08:46:17 am »

I just had an idea.

Improvised welder.

A cobbled together collection of soldering irons and amplifier circuits. It can be used as a welder, but it (requires extra power/can't hold as many batteries) as a normal welder.

Parts:
4 soldering irons
Power Converter
2 Amplifier Circuits
20 copper wire

Should be rather bulky.
Improvised stick welders are actually pretty simple to make... see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6oDCbcmtWw, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsfgwEUXtTc

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: July 13, 2013, 08:50:26 am »

Does anyone know what kinds of skill levels you need to reliably reinforce clothing like trenchcoats or cargo pants? Currently I'm level 2 at tailoring, and I'm wondering if I should try reinforcing some of my more complex clothes or not.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: July 13, 2013, 08:53:43 am »

There's no reason not to try, unless the clothing is damaged.  If it's damaged, you'll try to repair it and possibly make it worse.  If it's not, you can activate your sewing kit and select the article of clothing.  It will simply say "You practice sewing", and use 1 thread.  Keep doing it, and you'll train your sewing until the rng decides you succeed at fitting/reinforcing the article.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: July 13, 2013, 10:00:58 am »

^ Tried it out, and it worked pretty well! Now I'm at fully reinforced gear, with the exception of my army helmet. I have to say, I really like the tailoring minigame: being able to scavenge materials from windows and turn shredded zombie clothing into useful outfits is really great.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4453 on: July 13, 2013, 10:04:29 am »

There's no reason not to try, unless the clothing is damaged.  If it's damaged, you'll try to repair it and possibly make it worse.  If it's not, you can activate your sewing kit and select the article of clothing.  It will simply say "You practice sewing", and use 1 thread.  Keep doing it, and you'll train your sewing until the rng decides you succeed at fitting/reinforcing the article.
Indeed. Both thread and rags are very easy to come by. I use Sinew instead of thread actually, butchered from wolves and such.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: July 13, 2013, 10:48:23 am »

Some items can be reinforced with a soldering iron and cut-up plastic chunks. Sunglasses and kevlar (and some helmets) and stuff.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1086