Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862570 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #405 on: January 15, 2013, 01:36:27 pm »

Also i did a git pull and now it wont compile, i get an error in main.o, i make clean'd it two times and yet it wont work.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #406 on: January 15, 2013, 01:50:16 pm »

Pushed a fix
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 15, 2013, 02:38:13 pm »

Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 15, 2013, 03:11:51 pm »

A demon-car concept sounds great... so long as not every car is a demon-car. Think of the fleeing survivors!

Whilst perhaps not the best compromise, might I suggest the addition of Terminators? Well, not Terminators as in The Terminators*, but rather normal I-Will-Kill-You robots with the ability to control a vehicle upon 'touching' it. Now, not only will we have road threats, we'll have more Fun too!

* - An exact copy would, upon being encountered, make one's character go from here to flying 800kph face-first into a house. But this fact is kinda obvious.
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #409 on: January 15, 2013, 04:25:20 pm »

What made me think of the demon-car was special zombies and what would happen to a mutating, adapting zombie inside of a car. So it wouldn't happen every time, and it would only happen to cars that had infected bodies inside of it.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 15, 2013, 05:49:49 pm »

What the hell fan mods.

So you can kill a fungaloid spire, what was supposed to be end-game boss type stuff, with a single molotov and a single magazine of .45 and leave without ever taking a hit from the actual fungaloids if you watch your step. I can take out fungaloid spires on day 1 no problem often before it's even noon.

Bee Hives, the things I remember raiding for food and training early game, are now impossible death traps that spawn (non-cannon that they are a source of zombies) abnormally tough zombies and spit out bees so fast they come shooting out like a particle bee'm.

Same playthrough, crackshot with my handgun++, quick and fleet of foot, can't even get royal jelly. Trying to clear the hive is an impossible waste of ammo, and just trying to shoot my way in means doom. I need to try either a steamroller vehicle or a mininuke.

I guess the new difference in difficulty kind of makes sense in regards to the rewards either lair holds, but, the non-cannon of it is really pissing me off.

Can we get reasonable fungaloid spires with actual reward? Like a guaranteed marloss bush or two?
Can we have a small resource that's actually raidable early game? Like the older beehives, but smaller or something with more limited spawns? Maybe the larger/tougher hives actually respawn honey/jelly etc while the smaller ones don't?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 15, 2013, 05:58:08 pm »

So wait marloss is a good thing?  The whole game seems so secretive about the things that I don't even know what it does, but I always assumed that eating some random thing in a patch of fungus that is out to kill you would be a very bad thing.  Only time I actually tried the thing I died almost immediately after.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 15, 2013, 09:10:35 pm »

Zyxl, I don't necessarily disagree with anything you mentioned...

...but the word you're looking for is canon. And it does not mean what you think it means. Sorry, had to get my English major vibes out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #413 on: January 15, 2013, 11:06:49 pm »

Bee Hives, the things I remember raiding for food and training early game, are now impossible death traps that spawn (non-cannon that they are a source of zombies) abnormally tough zombies and spit out bees so fast they come shooting out like a particle bee'm.

Odd you should say that, since I've raided several hives in the last release, and never ran into any Zombies.
Is it a recent glitch, or is your hive far too close to a city?

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 15, 2013, 11:49:14 pm »

No, I saw them too. There were about 8 hives in the vicinity of my last character and they all had these zombies. They are 'bee zombies' (can't remember the real name, I stopped playing after it corrupted my save again), capital yellow Zs. Not a glitch, because the description mentions them being stung by many bees and mutated by it.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 16, 2013, 12:04:44 am »

Ive seen the yellow Z's, but I was oneshotting them with my 1911, so I dont think they are op.  They seem a little less powerful than military Zs.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 16, 2013, 12:07:58 am »

Certainly not as powerful as the screen-filling, PC-seeking, teleporting beeswarms of earlier versions.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 16, 2013, 01:42:47 am »

I don't know how you guys ever get away with using guns at all.  I avoid them completely because it seems like even the quieter ones summon a horde of zombies, no matter how far away I am from a group of buildings.  In fact, I like to grab a bunch of guns and sell them to the starting NPC in return for a whole bunch of training.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #418 on: January 16, 2013, 02:22:37 am »

So you can kill a fungaloid spire, what was supposed to be end-game boss type stuff, with a single molotov and a single magazine of .45 and leave without ever taking a hit from the actual fungaloids if you watch your step. I can take out fungaloid spires on day 1 no problem often before it's even noon.
You can do that in Vanilla anyway.

Just a line ago you were mentioning about Fungal Blooms, which have no reward, being too easy. Now you're talking about bee hives, which have a huge source of food and one of the game's most powerful items, being too hard.

Same playthrough, crackshot with my handgun++, quick and fleet of foot, can't even get royal jelly. Trying to clear the hive is an impossible waste of ammo, and just trying to shoot my way in means doom. I need to try either a steamroller vehicle or a mininuke.
The zombies have a small amount of pierce/cut protection, ( so use some high pressure or AP ammo. That being said, I've just reduced their HP a little because I realise it makes no sense for them to have more HP than a zombie, considering their state.

Can we get reasonable fungaloid spires with actual reward? Like a guaranteed marloss bush or two?
Can we have a small resource that's actually raidable early game? Like the older beehives, but smaller or something with more limited spawns? Maybe the larger/tougher hives actually respawn honey/jelly etc while the smaller ones don't?
I can definitely take a look at making them more rewarding, although right now killing a Fungal Spire is the reward for a fungal bloom, as it begins to eliminate Fungaloid spawns over the few days after you murder it.

(can't remember the real name, I stopped playing after it corrupted my save again)
What save corrupting issues have you been having, and when did you last play? Saving was changed a little recently so the game actually saves the map when you return to the main menu. Autosaving was also added, (although I've only just thought to suppress it while the player is in a vehicle)

With regards to canon. This is the actively developing branch, so canon is whatever we decide it is, really.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 16, 2013, 04:33:11 am »

Is there any way to pick, shim, or otherwise compromise locks and doors more quietly than taking a frying pan to one?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 1086