Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Gladiators: Scorched Blade (Spring has Sprung)  (Read 4407 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiators: Scorched Blade (Application Overload! Picking the best 6!)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 05:47:04 pm »

Alright. The 6 Chosen are as follows:
Criptfeind's Smiling River Gladiator School
Bdthemag's Bastards Ring
King DZA's Final Salvation
Phantom's The Vodnik's Shanty
Ukrainian Ranger's Hell Pit

and...

Evil Marahadja's Ennios Gladiatorium

All entries were pretty good, so if you didn't get picked, don't take it personally. We will consider starting a waiting list if anybody wants to get on one. Final Character Sheets for most schools will be up in a second.
(A few of you may be missing some or all of your perks and flaws at the moment. My esteemed European Colleague seems to have fallen asleep at his computer or something. :p)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 06:16:39 pm »

Alright. Here are the sheets. The owner backgrounds were cropped for space reasons. Feel free to pick the color in which you appear on the map.

Smiling River Gladiator School
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hell Pit

Ennios Gladiatorium

The Vodnik's Shanty (Missing All Perks/Flaws)

Final Salvation (Missing some Perks)

The Bastards Ring
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:20:38 pm by Weirdsound »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 06:21:07 pm »

Please name your Gladiators. Most of you have 2 or 3 'Human Slaves' and that could get confusing. If you want to help build the world, you may expand upon their background as well.

Finally assign combat stats to your owners and employees. They wont be fighting in the arena (I hope), but who knows when they could be forced to defend themselves. Owners get 6 points to spend between Attack, Defense, Health, Tactics, And Agility. Employees get 4 points.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 07:38:41 pm »

Yay! I am in. And I am the only one who have mutant gladiators

Names

Female Rabbitmorph - Tami.
Being enslaved when she was infant Tami was used as a pet or more precisely a toy for one rich child. She was a nice, alive fluff toy, not the worst fate for a slave. But kids grow up and get bored of their toys and eventually Tami ended at slave market

Male Rabbitmorh -  Boris (Crazybit)
His story is rather simple, he was a kid, lived in wilderness with his family, got caught by slavers, spent his teen years in slaver, ran away and joined Sasha's gang. For his furious fighting style he got nicknamed "Crazy rabbit". Soon enough other gangsters learned that Boris doesn't like being called rabbit and his nickname got shortened to "Crazybit"

Yeti Brute: Darren (Ripper)
As other gladiators Darren was a slave, too. He was used as a pack animal. Disobedient pack animal. He was beaten hard and still have many scars  that remind him his childhood.  He didn't ran away like Boris did. He ran away, returned and singlehandedly killed the whole village that used him as a slave. Sasha managed to partially tame him later and used his raw rage for the most hard battles

Sasha's stats:
Attack 0
Defense 2
Health 1
Tactics 2
Agility 1

Mark's stats
Attack 0
Defense 0
Health 2
Tactics 2
Agility 0

Laiza's stats
Attack 0
Defense 1
Health 1
Tactics 0
Agility 2

Color: Blue
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:42:10 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiators: Scorched Blade (Finalize Sheets)
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 07:46:20 pm »

I'm going to call Orange. Cuz Orange is best.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 07:55:47 pm »

Yay! I am in. And I am the only one who have mutant gladiators

Names

Female Rabbitmorph - Tami.
Being enslaved when she was infant Tami was used as a pet or more precisely a toy for one rich child. She was a nice, alive fluff toy, not the worst fate for a slave. But kids grow up and get bored of their toys and eventually Tami ended at slave market

Male Rabbitmorh -  Boris (Crazybit)
His story is rather simple, he was a kid, lived in wilderness with his family, got caught by slavers, spent his teen years in slaver, ran away and joined Sasha's gang. For his furious fighting style he got nicknamed "Crazy rabbit". Soon enough other gangsters learned that Boris doesn't like being called rabbit and his nickname got shortened to "Crazybit"

Yeti Brute: Darren (Ripper)
As other gladiators Darren was a slave, too. He was used as a pack animal. Disobedient pack animal. He was beaten hard and still have many scars  that remind him his childhood.  He didn't ran away like Boris did. He ran away, returned and singlehandedly killed the whole village that used him as a slave. Sasha managed to partially tame him later and used his raw rage for the most hard battles

Sasha's stats:
Attack 0
Defense 2
Health 1
Tactics 2
Agility 1

Mark's stats
Attack 0
Defense 0
Health 2
Tactics 2
Agility 0

Laiza's stats
Attack 0
Defense 1
Health 1
Tactics 0
Agility 2

Color: Blue

Nah. The Vodnik's Shanty and the Bastards Ring each got a mutant.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 09:47:00 pm »

Female human slave: Anna (1 Attack, 1 Defence, 1 Health, 0 Tactics, 0 Agility)
Male human slave: Mike (1 Attack, 0 Defence, 1 Health, 1 Tactics, 0 Agility)
Human Gunman: Jorge (2 Attack, 1 Defence, 2 Health, 1 Tactics, 1 Agility)
Human Shield Bearer: Richard (1 Attack, 3 Defence, 2 Health, 1 Tactics, 0 Agility)

Smiling Jack (2 Attack, 2 Defence, 1 Health, 1 Tactics, 0 Agility)
Matt Ratchie (1 Attack, 1 Defence, 1 Health, 0 Tactics, 1 Agility)
Eddy Saws (0 Attack, 1 Defence, 1 Health, 2 Tactics, 0 Agility)

So how is this game going to actually work?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 10:26:20 pm »

10ebbor and I haven't discussed the mechanics that deeply yet. Once everybody finalizes their sheet we will post an intro turn and give rules for how exactly the turns will run.

But you will have alot of freedom to do what you want. That tends to be a common theme between games run by myself and my Co GM.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 03:05:12 am »

Human Slave 1: Bochna
Sailor: Cuan Mor
Marine: Aaron
Human Slave 2: Stag
Crab Viking: Svinafell

Tadeas: (0 Attack, 2 Defense, 2 Health, 2 Tactics, 0 Agility)
Yusef: (0 Attack, 0 Defense, 1 Health, 1 Tactics, 2 Agility)
Bombello: (1 Attack, 1 Defense, 1 Health, 1 Tactics, 0 Agility)

What do those numbers in brackets mean anyway?

By the way, I'll be taking orange.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 01:50:24 pm by Phantom »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 03:13:53 am »

What do those numbers in brackets mean anyway?

Under resources? I think thats just my co-gms notation keeping track of how many resource you are getting.

Also guys, Owners get six points, but employees only get 4.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 03:23:32 am »

Damn well then I'll waitlist.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 04:05:35 am »

Yeah, sorry for the delay.

I'll add the details to the document.

Edit: the resource stuff is nothing to worry about.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:50:59 am by 10ebbor10 »

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 04:29:27 am »

Human Slave (1 Attack, 1 Defence, 1 Health, 0 Tactics, 0 Agility) Bellator Alpha

Human Slave (0 Attack, 0 Defence, 1 Health, 2 Tactics, 0 Agility) Bellator Beta

Human Slave (1 Attack, 0 Defence, 1 Health, 0 Tactics, 1 Agility) Bellator Charlie

Human Highwayman: Atrox the fierce (Fluff will be written)

Human Soldier: Miles the honorable (Fluff will be written)

Note: Like I wrote in the background Ennios Gladiatorium function in such a way that there is a very high chance that at least one of the normal slaves will be killed in the training. Therefore they wont get an proper name before they have shown they are worth it. Until then, they have the lowest rank in the Gladiatorium. Bellator (Warrior).

Caius Ennio: Attack: 1 Defence: 1 Health: 1 Tactics: 3 Agility:0
Mayard Carter: Attack: 2 Defence: 1 Health:1 Tactics:0 Agility:0
Miss Adina: Attack: 0 Defence: 0 Health:1 Tactics: 0 Agility:3 (She is very good at running away from battles..)
(Tried not to minmax, but to adapt the stats to the characters)

Color: Green.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:16:41 am by Evil Marahadja »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 04:32:54 am »

... alot of freedom to do what you want.

Ooh, my favorite thing to see in a game. Now I'm truly excited.

Human Slave #1 - Tesra 'Ragdoll' Dawry
A young commoner woman who had been kidnapped by bandits planning to use her as leverage to extort money from her family. However, when said family failed to meet her captors' unreasonable demands, the unruly ruffians concluded that they would probably be able to get a much better deal from the local slavers.

After looking her over, Verik bestowed upon Tesra the nickname of Ragdoll, based on his predictions of how she will end up preforming in the arena.

Human Slave #2 - Tal'Rikta Munsetti
Successfully framed for several severe counts of heresy by a gang of bitter rivals back in his homeland, Tal'rikta barely managed to talk his way out of being brutally executed, only to instead suffer the sightly less unfortunate fate of being sold into slavery overseas.

Human Slave #3 - Gren Yaslin
Gren sees Verik making him fight against his will in savage gladiatorial combat as an unbelievable act of betrayal; Verik sees it as the fulfilling of a perfectly reasonable and well-owed favor.

Human Fallen Noble - Audreus Damarii
Verik had personally asked Ellian to acquire Audreus for their school after hearing rumors of his noble backround, using the excuse that his skills would "obviously be much more refined than those of any common slave". In truth, Verik still holds a deep resentment for anyone belonging to the upper-class, and having such an individual forced to be completely subservient to him seemed like a bit of poetic justice just too tempting to pass up.

Verik Caedrin
1 Attack, 3 Defence, 2 Health, 0 Tactics, 0 Agility

Ellian Malkov
1 Attack, 0 Defence, 0 Health, 3 Tactics, 0 Agility

Henri Alwin
0 Attack, 0 Defence, 0 Health, 2 Tactics, 2 Agility

As for personal color, I'll go with navy.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:58:10 am by King DZA »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 04:17:48 pm »

Human Slave #1 - Alexander
An old and grizzled gladiator, who was quite popular in his career when he was young. His promising career unfortunately ended after a brutal beating in the arena leaving him with a limp. He toiled away years of his life until deciding to return to the arena, unfortunately being unable to be accepted into a school because of his age and injury he was forced to have to go to the only school that would accept him. Stiric's school.

Human Slave #2 - Agatha
Agatha was a factory worker in Capitol City, and a damn good one too. Often being able to work plenty of extra hours to fill the quota without breaking a sweat. Although after an accident that set fire to the factory, destroying half of the stock Agatha was blamed due to being the only one there at the time. Unable to pay back the factory owner, she was sold into slavery to compensate for the losses.

Human Slave #3 - Jericho
Jericho was born in the slums of Capitol City, throughout his childhood he'd have random seizures followed by passing out for hours at a time. When he passed out he'd see the strangest things, cities rising and falling within seconds, men dueling other men in an arena, and everything he saw was painted in a thin maroon haze. Barely surviving each seizure, he managed to carefully live his life out in the slums until he was an adult. After being caught directly trying to steal from a noble who happened to be walking around the outside of the slums, he was imprisoned and sold into slavery.

Skeeter Spearwoman - T'zzenct
T'zzenct was born into a nomadic Skeeter tribe, spending most of her life hunting and moving from place to place with her tribe. Throughout her adulthood she served as a warrior for the tribe, and she proved that she had a natural talent for fighting. Although she was contempt living with her tribe, she wanted more of her life. She left her tribe without saying goodbye, and headed to the nearest city where she heard warriors were revered in the arena and where anyone with a weapon could make a living for themselves there.

Stiric
Attack: 2 Defence: 1 Health: 1 Tactics: 0 Agility:2

Renolds
Attack: 0 Defence: 1 Health: 2 Tactics: 0 Agility: 3

Leon
Attack: 1 Defence: 2 Health: 3 Tactics: 0 Agility: 0
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4