Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39162 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - The Black Cathedral
« Reply #495 on: November 28, 2012, 08:21:52 pm »

Lemanov eyes the rest of the group as Gabriel leaves their company. "I will be the one to sleep in the same room as the madman. I hardly think any of you deserves this torment and I will be almost sure to wake up and respond in kind if he tries anything. Even if I don't, at least I believe you will be able to deliver justice unto him."

He follows Gabriel to the room to leave part of his equipment there, but not before completing his message.
"I will use some of the time to look around and talk, however. Is any of you following me? I hope we can get some information in advance, and if not that, at least relax a little."

The knightly arbitrator smiles and leaves their company.

Lemanov is sleeping in the same room as Gabriel, but he'll get cleaned and talk to the locals before going to his bed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 28, 2012, 08:50:51 pm »

"Oh! who wants to roommates with me!" The girl smiles brightly before saying "I'll move my stuff into our room and then try to talk to the pilgrims and such. I hope having a sermon of the God-Emeperor read to them will help them...and while I'm doing so I can look for clues!"

Get a room with whatever person agrees and move my stuff there, then go outside and try to talk to them people. Help them and in general be warm and friendly. Also try to learn more about the phenoma.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 28, 2012, 09:51:35 pm »

"Goodnight everyone."
Head into one of the rooms and store my gear there, keeping my laspistol and a knife. Then climb out of the window to look around.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 28, 2012, 11:34:32 pm »

Get cleaned and talk to the locals before going to his bed.
Try to talk to the people. Help them and in general be warm and friendly. Also try to learn more about the phenoma.
A cheer goes up as the acolytes descend the stairs. Lemanov goes deeper into the crowd leaving Argia with a nervous looking woman asking for a blessing "From the Emperor." You soon find yourself inundated with questions about trivial things such as the road here (which you gloss over) and life beyond the Pilgrim's trail. You eventually manage to get a pilgrim to talk about Stern Hope, “The cathedral is due to be consecrated tomorrow on the Saint’s Feast Day (the Acolytes’ second day at Stern Hope). It’s all we’ve worked for these years.”

Argia pulls her prayer book from her greatcoat pocket and begins the short version of the Prayer of Adulation to the Emperor, "O Immortal Emperor: have mercy upon us, miserable unworthies that we are. O Master of the Galaxy: protect Your flock from the alien. O Keeper of the Light: Guide our darkened path with Your radiance." The pilgrims drone along, knowing the words as well as any priest and when it finishes they make the sign of the aquila on their chests.
You begin to talk to a man and when you mention 'strange occurrences' he says “Strange lights have been seen dancing on the mountains and ill winds blowing up from the hill country. I saw them myself only the other night, the lights, distant, but I saw them. Some fools believe it’s a sign of the Emperor’s favour. But those of Ashleen blood speak of old devils in the lost places angered by our intrusion into their lands.”

Head into one of the rooms and store my gear there, keeping my laspistol and a knife. Then climb out of the window to look around.
You climb out the window before pulling yourself onto the flat roof of the inn. From here the tents seem to make a sea of faint light broken by the occasional island of fire. Few people remain at these fires. Across from the Clota is more lights coming from the windows of the only other two story building you can see, you remember Lamark offhandedly mentioning that that is the Priory. You hear the bark of a Dustdog, like the ones your guides were riding.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 28, 2012, 11:53:41 pm »

Lemanov talked to the locals corteously, as he had been taught to during his education as a knight. His smile was usually soft, an attempt to strike the intermediate point between a stern visage and the bright smile given by joyous people. He weaved through the crowd, trying to mimic his time as part of the arbites enforcement garrison in his planet - most of its ranks composed by members of the Orders.

As he received a short statement about the consecration of the cathedral, the knight also wondered if he could learn a little more about Stern Hope. These people were certainly much more knowledgeable than him on the matter, and squeezing a bit more of information couldn't hurt. Talking to some people also wasn't that bad, specially having in mind he'd be sleeping in the same room as the insane guardsman.

"So, may you tell me a bit more about Stern Hope? I am very curious about its history, you see." he says with a smile, trying to get some more answers and pieces of knowledge.

Talk some more before going to sleep.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 28, 2012, 11:57:00 pm »

Investigate the Dustdog and then the Priory.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 28, 2012, 11:59:41 pm »

After the paryer Argia fist pumed and yelled "Good prayer everyone! Now let's all confess out sins to the God Emeperor on a 1, 2, 1234.."
________________________________________________________________________________________
After listening to the man she cocked head and said "Hmmmmmm...lost devils. That dosen't sound good. I better tell the group!" She then proceeds to skip off.
Listen to more chatter and find more info while heading back

((Holy fuck Argia became really fucking peppy fast. She is so happy and energetic and AHHHHHHHHH! Its like a fucking anime up in this bitch!))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:18:10 am by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 29, 2012, 12:14:58 am »

Inquire about the state of the machines used in and around the cathedral, particularly concerning any malfunctions or strange occurrences surrounding them- and, ideally, after finding someone who looks knowledgeable on the subject.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 29, 2012, 12:25:25 am »

Lyssian was morbidly curious about that body. The guides had taken off without warning and just ran; an appropriate if dishonourble. She would get to the bottom of this...

Buy some drinks for the Ashleen; try to get them to spill some information on their culture and legends; specifically omens and the dead. Say that I'm simply a researcher of the sororitas, nothing more.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 29, 2012, 01:14:19 am »

Mira decided to bunk with Argia, in the room adjacent to where the Knight was sleeping.

"Argia! I'm with you." Mira said, greeting the Cleric before deciding to head off and...wait.

Quote from: Mental Checklist of what to do...
> Drink ✗ - Not thirsty
> Drink Liquor ✗ - No.
> Hail be to the Emperor~ - Already doing that.
> Check the scenery - Am staring at it already.
> Inquire on that bomb - Nope.
> Stand gu- why would I do that in this place?
> Knowledge about this place - I don't know what to ask...
> Examine male allies - ...
> ...✗
> Ask around on what the locals think? Perhaps they know much about what happened last night? Ok, maybe not. The guides were spooked. That's obvious, confirmed by what the authority said...I could probably ask around for general information, but I don't know what to ask about that explains our briefing straight to the point. Not all my experiences and all I read may match and I'm guessing local customs are...
> Err...

"I'll go outside and take a breath of fresh air-...Allion? Where are you going? Wait!"

Follow Allion and trail him like a stalker.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 29, 2012, 04:04:37 am »

Mister Hurk washed his face lightly, patted down his hair and then neatened up his clothes a little.
He could certainly do with some sleep, but there was one thing that had been bothering him on the trip. He decided to see if he could fix it...

>Head down into the common room, seek out a drunk patron with a nice hat! Preferably something resembling a bowler!
>Chat with them in a friendly manner for a while before broaching the subject of what an excellent hat they have, and then attempt to trade my bottle of Spitbrew for it!
>If that's not enough, chuck in that padded vest I have, too.

'It simply doesn't feel right, not having a hat. As well as the fact I'm like to get a burnt head with all this wandering about the wilderness we've been doing...'
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 29, 2012, 05:11:11 am »

Go down to the people, and sit in a corner awkwardly. Hopefully a corner far away from any people like Gabriel. Gabriel was scary.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 29, 2012, 06:48:00 am »

At the cry from behind him through the window Allion turns,
"Frak off Mira. This is none of your concern."

>Continue as I was.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 29, 2012, 07:04:38 am »

Mira stood with a raised eyebrow at the man's reaction. "Yes sir, I'll be in my quarters."

Retain action.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 01, 2012, 08:52:58 am »

Talk some more before going to sleep.
An old pilgrim with an old bandage over his left eye answers your question, "I don't know much about Stern Hope before the cathedral but I arrived here in the early days, when the cathedral was merely foundations. We built this cathedral with our faith as much as our hands and it will bring all of us closer to the Emperor. Actually, I hear that woman Esha Raine is coming to the ceremony. She’s one of the “widows of the Ashleen”—a respected wise woman and healer. She believes the cathedral will help the Ashleen join “real” Imperial society and better us all. They say that’s why she agreed to help Skae and discouraged those clans nearby from raiding us. Her voice is listened to by many of the war clans and even a few renegades.”

Listen to more chatter and find more info while heading back
On the way back up the stairs you hear nothing more that could be useful.

Buy some drinks for the Ashleen; try to get them to spill some information on their culture and legends; specifically omens and the dead. Say that I'm simply a researcher of the sororitas, nothing more.
"Omens?" the young Ashleen woman taps her chin, "I'm sorry, I was never much of a believer of the old traditions but I heard that old mother Vossa saw the stone of the altar weep blood, so she did! But then she was always half mad that one, losing all her family to the slavers when she was young. Haven’t seen her now for days, probably wandered off somewhere…”

>Head down into the common room, seek out a drunk patron with a nice hat! Preferably something resembling a bowler!
>Chat with them in a friendly manner for a while before broaching the subject of what an excellent hat they have, and then attempt to trade my bottle of Spitbrew for it!
>If that's not enough, chuck in that padded vest I have, too.

You look down from the staircase as Argia passes you, trying to locate somebody drunk enough to be wearing their hat indoors and, as fortune would have it, you discover one who seems to be wearing something resembling a bowler hat. As you move through the crowd you get a closer look and discover that it is indeed a scruffy looking bowler hat, though it does have a notch missing from the rim.
After some initial small talk you attempt to trade your spitbrew for the hat. He's less than thrilled at the prospect.
You quickly add your vest to the deal. The drunkard runs a hand over the vest, as if checking it for faults before taking the spitbrew from your hand and shoving the hat unceremoniously on your head. He stumbles off bragging about the excellent trade he just made. Obviously he was more drunk than you thought because he has left the vest behind.

Inquire about the state of the machines used in and around the cathedral, particularly concerning any malfunctions or strange occurrences surrounding them- and, ideally, after finding someone who looks knowledgeable on the subject.
You approach a dirty looking man wearing what appear to be welding goggles on the off chance that he works with machines. Thankfully, he is, "The only true machines we use around here are the vehicles and the generatoria. As far as I know, nobody has seen anything strange around or regarding the machines, it's a lot of superstitious nonsense if you ask me. Only spirits around here are the machine spirits."

Go down to the people, and sit in a corner awkwardly. Hopefully a corner far away from any people like Gabriel. Gabriel was scary.
As you sit in the corner you do not overhear anything relevant to the mission. In fact, people seem to have moved away from you, as if sensing your abnormal nature. Perhaps it's your white hair.

Investigate the Dustdog and then the Priory.
You jump down from the rooftop, rolling as you land, and quickly walk off in the direction of the Dustdog's bark. You make your way quietly through the darkness and soon realise that you are moving away from the main mass of tents, across what seems to be a road and towards a much smaller collection of tents. You're about to give up on finding the dustdog when it barks again, the sound clearly coming from up ahead. You discover a fence and can now hear goats. You deduce that this is probably where animals are kept.
You retrace your steps back to the Crying Clota and then head south towards the lights of the Priory. When you get close you can see that the building resembles an Imperial bunker more than a religious building.
You hear the crunch of gravel on your six.

Follow Allion and trail him like a stalker.
You hear Allion jump from the roof, having already climbed out of his window. You keep your distance so as not to be heard and follow him through the moonless night by keeping him silhouetted by the lights from the tents. Soon you reach the edge of this set of tents and lose track of him in the darkness. You crouch low, breathing slowly so you can hear better and after a short wait you hear him return.
You follow him back to the inn but he sets off into the darkness again, this time towards the priory. As you approach, trying to make out his silhouette against the meagre light leaking from the priory's window covers, you inadvertantly step om some loose gravel making a jarringly audible noise.

((One more turn and then all aboard for the next day))
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41