Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39142 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Into The Barren Lands
« Reply #480 on: November 27, 2012, 05:28:15 pm »

Approach the seer, stay four meters away.

"Do you know what is happening here Seer? Something is toying with us or maybe taunting us is a better description."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:30:20 pm by mesor »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 27, 2012, 05:50:28 pm »

"Do you know what is happening here Seer? Something is toying with us or maybe taunting us is a better description."
The Seer snaps out of his reverie, "Nonsense. We must make haste to the abbot." He turns to leave.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 27, 2012, 05:54:19 pm »

Follow the seer, keep my rifle drawn at all times from now on.

"As you say seer, the enemies of the Emperor have been at large for to long on this planet and it's time to remove that taint from this world."

Place myself so I can observe the seer.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:57:07 pm by mesor »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 27, 2012, 06:01:34 pm »

Take a look at the symbol to discover what it is before moving on.

"Yes, sir." Lemanov says after taking a last peek at the image.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 27, 2012, 06:11:16 pm »

Look at the image, now that Gabriel is gone.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 27, 2012, 06:15:41 pm »

"Hmmmm...who would want to blast the symbol of a Saint on the ground in the middle of nowhere? Most pilgrims don't have that kind of money and even if they did they would do it near population centers..."
Drive to where we need to go.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 27, 2012, 08:24:05 pm »

Take a look at the symbol to discover what it is before moving on.
Look at the image, now that Gabriel is gone.
The two glance at the image but can find nothing else of note. They follow the rest of the party and board the hauler.

Part Four: The Black Cathedral

As darkness begins to fall, the foothills rise to either side of the road and the path snakes around the increasingly mountainous terrain until at last you see lights glimmer ahead, growing brighter until you can make out some sort of
settlement centred on a broad hill. You continue until your path is barred by a rough wall of crudely piled up stone and
black flint. Watch fires burn along the top of the wall and you see numerous guns jutting out, silhouetted against the firelight. As you get closer, a pair of heavy wire-mesh and steel gates set into the wall swing open and a tall figure walks forward, wrapped in dark cloak with a rifle slung over his back. In his hand he carries an axe held high. He waves for your vehicle to stop and for you to
dismount. Aristarchus orders you all to comply and adds that you should make no sudden moves.
Once you are on the ground the man walks closer and glares at each of you. He seems to consider for a time, then in a fluid movement he bows deeply saying, “Welcome Servants of the Emperor, you are free to enter.”

As the hauler moves through the gates you immediately the outline of a great domed building atop the hill. Doubtless, this is the cathedral. You can see from the back of the hauler that the area around the hill is covered in a mix of tents, lean-tos, shacks and the occasional flint-block building. Low illumination seeps from the curtained doors of the dwellings and from the night fires burning in old promethium drums dotted about the camp. The smell of smoke and cooking blends in the chill night air.

As you drive the hauler up what looks to be Stern Hope’s main street, a strong voice hails you from the side of the path. A smiling heavyset
man in the dark robes of a monk approaches the vehicle with a shuttered lamp in his hand. He takes a pointed look at the party’s weapons
before grinning up at the Acolytes and winking a bright blue eye, “Greetings pilgrims. Such faith and preparation is admirable to see. You are the help that the abbot has sent for, yes? Truly we are not forgotten. I’m Brother Lamark, one of the churchmen of this mission. Welcome to Stern Hope—the abbot awaits your pleasure at the priory in the morning after you are rested. Unfortunately he is currently occupied and apologises for not greeting you himself.”

He climbs onto the back of the hauler and greets those he can reach with a firm handshake and directs Argia to park the hauler so that he can lead you to your lodgings.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:06:16 am by NobodyPro »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 27, 2012, 08:26:57 pm »

Allion climbs out and walks over to the monk, making the sign of the aquila as he does so.

"Greetings Brother. It will be good to finally get some rest, but first I havesome questions about some things we saw on the way here..."

Explain what we saw and ask if he has any knowledge of it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - The Black Cathedral
« Reply #488 on: November 27, 2012, 08:39:25 pm »

Lemanov shakes the man's hand firmly, not one to use a soft grip during friendly gestures between men. "Greetings, Brother Lamark. Lemanov Selescan, at your disposal."

After the introductions, he raises his voice to ask his own questions.
"We have experienced interesting events during our way there, but also, do you have any further details on the matters happening here or we shall be informed further after a brief moment of rest?"

Explain, ask and talk to Brother Lamark.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 27, 2012, 09:04:16 pm »

Argia nods happily, she will be among her own here.

Park the hauler and try to get a good look at the cathedral. Make small talk to the priest about the Emepror and such.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 28, 2012, 01:55:15 am »

"Pleasure to meet you, sir," Bernant shook the priest's hand and nodded politely before resuming his seat. "The name's Hurk, Bernant Hurk."
He remained silent for what was left of the trip, preferring to simply observe the surroundings as he listened to the others speak.
'What squalor,' he thought to himself with some apprehension as he studied the shanties, 'How do servants of the Emperor live like this? True devotion right there, I suppose.'

>Shake Lamark's hand, wait for us to arrive, observe Stern Hope on the way.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:14:59 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 28, 2012, 03:08:40 am »

In hearing of the servant's comment, Lyssian deigned a comment.

"The servants of the Emperor have always been willing to go to great extremes for the better of all, haven't they Brother? Sister Lyssian by the way."

>Perception check for anything suspicious!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:37:50 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 28, 2012, 03:10:03 am »

Stand back out of the way of the rest of the team, scan the area around us for danger or anything suspicious.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 28, 2012, 06:47:18 pm »

Explain what we saw and ask if he has any knowledge of it.
"A walking corpse you say? I would say someone was trying to scare you out of their territory if it weren't for the strange rumours circulating amongst the pilgrims. Though, many of the congregation are superstitious people who have suffered much in their lives, a fact which can affect their judgement. Having said that, only a fool would discount the possibility of such things happening, and the wiles of the Archenemy are many…"

"A sign of Saint Drusus? Such a mark can only be seen as good portents for what is to come."

None of the acolytes notice anything suspicious.

Brother Lamark turns to Aristarchus as he leads the party deeper into the camp. “Prelate Skae attends a sick girl and her family. He asked me to greet your party in his stead when you all arrived… sir. We arranged accommodations for you at the Crying Clota, our guest hall and an inn of sorts. Not much, but better than a tent.”

The acolytes soon arrive at a shabby, two story building bade of old scrap wood, flint blocks and corrugated iron. On the first floor is a hand painted sign that reads "The Crying Clota." Hanging from strings all along the front porch are spent brass cartridges and shells that tinkle in the fitful breeze.

The inside of the building is absolutely packed with pilgrims, mendicants, Ashleen and other clansmen. All the seats are taken and there is barely room to walk through the crowd and follow Lamark up the stairs.

Aristarchus dismisses Lamark and addresses the acolytes, "And here we are. I’m feeling tired. Travel isn’t what it used to be for me. If Abbot Skae arrives before dawn, send him my way if you please. Some of you may wish to have a talk with the locals, hmm? Be wary if you decide to go and have a look about outside. Remember that Iocanthos has no moons. The nights are near pitch black.” He nods and heads off to his room.

The acolytes have been given five rooms, each with two beds, on the first floor.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:53:15 pm by NobodyPro »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 28, 2012, 07:03:47 pm »

Choose a room, remove armor and clothing, place shield and axe on table next to bed in easy reach, place pistol under pillow, sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41