Yakdoomed
- 5 (26.3%)
Damnedyak
- 3 (15.8%)
Yakshatter
- 2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: RTD (Roll to Dwarf): The OOC Thread  (Read 18755 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD (Roll to Dwarf): The OOC Thread
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2012, 11:24:53 pm »

Right, well, Wyrm's dude went in, then horrible screams and 'surprise!' Demons!
I think walling you in is justified.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2012, 11:26:15 pm »

Well, the whole point of the fortress is that the dwarves had built a fine civilization up.. Except for one embark-site they kept losing due to it being a horrible, horrible place. It's not entirely off that some of the dwarves would know... But as Flying Dice said... Dwarves are extremely greedy. They wouldn't care about the risk. And indeed, because of the success of the civilization, they might not even believe the 'rumors' of horrible demons, or they might have, ahem... Lessened views of the creatures that come out.

'Back in the mountainhomes, we tossed our CHILDREN in with demons, just so they could get a taste of the real world! HAH!'

And I repeat. The point is moot, especially in regards to walling.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 11, 2012, 11:28:01 pm »

In any case, regardless of whether or not we knew: Wyrm's dwarf fucked up, we can all hear/see terrible things coming, and now he's actively working to ensure that all of us die instead of just him. That's more than enough justification to wall him in, and I'd expect others to do the same to me if I'm ever stupidly selfish. Also note that our turns were rolled in order of post. Wyrm knew he goofed both IC and OOC; if he had bothered to get his action in quickly that single, solitary time the problem would never have arisen.

But eh. It's time to roll the dice and die horribly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 11, 2012, 11:29:40 pm »

Would Spinal and GWG please start working on character sheets? It's a massively long post, but might as well get started.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2012, 11:30:17 pm »

And I repeat. The point is moot, especially in regards to walling.
Oh fuck.

Would Spinal and GWG please start working on character sheets? It's a massively long post, but might as well get started.
Oh fuck.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2012, 11:33:09 pm »

In any case, regardless of whether or not we knew: Wyrm's dwarf fucked up, we can all hear/see terrible things coming, and now he's actively working to ensure that all of us die instead of just him. That's more than enough justification to wall him in, and I'd expect others to do the same to me if I'm ever stupidly selfish. Also note that our turns were rolled in order of post. Wyrm knew he goofed both IC and OOC; if he had bothered to get his action in quickly that single, solitary time the problem would never have arisen.

No, I'm working to make sure my dwarf lives instead of dying.
I've repeated an obvious solution many times.
MY DWARF IS RIGHT BEHIND THE WALL.
DELAY THE BUILDING OF THE PART OF THE WALL HE IS STRIDING THROUGH AND BUILD THE OTHER PARTS FIRST.

At least that jerk died with me. The jerk.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2012, 11:35:22 pm »

I'm hoping Rigoth went down well.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 11, 2012, 11:36:02 pm »

I'm sort of wondering why I'm not making a new sheet as well.

But yeah, dude. You could have build another wall to seal yourself between the demons and our wall. Y'know, instead of dooming us all to having dust shoved into our orifices.

3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 11, 2012, 11:37:48 pm »

With what, my bare hands?
Edit: As a building material?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 11, 2012, 11:39:02 pm »

DELAY THE BUILDING OF THE PART OF THE WALL HE IS STRIDING THROUGH AND BUILD THE OTHER PARTS FIRST.
You know, this could've all been averted if you hadn't been thinking selfishly at that time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 11, 2012, 11:40:37 pm »

You know, this could've all been averted if you hadn't been thinking selfishly at that time.
Which time, and how?
Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 11, 2012, 11:41:11 pm »

That's pretty much what we did. Materials have been pretty abstract, presumably there was some stone from where you dug your tunnel just sitting around.

In any case, the dwarfish saying should be, "Greed goeth before a fall".

3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 11, 2012, 11:42:44 pm »

That's pretty much what we did. Materials have been pretty abstract, presumably there was some stone from where you dug your tunnel just sitting around.
I was kinda trying to get out of range.
I thought the fortress was doomed and planned to forge some (crude) adamantine gear, actually. A wall never occurred to me. Sorry about that.
Having settled that bit, when would I have made the wall?
Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 11, 2012, 11:43:45 pm »

I was kinda trying to get out of range.
I thought the fortress was doomed and planned to forge some (crude) adamantine gear, actually. A wall never occurred to me. Sorry about that.
Having settled that bit, when would I have made the wall?
In the turn where you tore down ours?

3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 11, 2012, 11:44:04 pm »

Cassandra: Speed of demons?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20