Yakdoomed
- 5 (26.3%)
Damnedyak
- 3 (15.8%)
Yakshatter
- 2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: RTD (Roll to Dwarf): The OOC Thread  (Read 18761 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD (Roll to Dwarf): The OOC Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2012, 10:30:59 pm »

No, because Spinal's dwarf hates mine.
Meh, miners can pick another dwarf's bran easily, and self-defense is a pretty good defense.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2012, 10:54:05 pm »

Can we please stop with the argument and wait for the rolls.
Never.

Here's my view.
If you let my miner out before sealing the wall--three to five seconds--you keep the miner and seal out the demons.
If you don't, he'll break the wall again, and you might have the miner AND the demons. Or maybe just the demons.
Here's our view.

You let demons out. Then you stopped our efforts to keep demons in. Then you didn't even try to keep demons in, instead trying to wall yourself into a set of rooms while letting demons run amok in the rest of the fortress.

Or in short, you've been making things consistently worse while refusing to make them any better. Are you honestly surprised several people want you fed to your own mess?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2012, 10:57:05 pm »

If I might point something out, I'm rolling up the next round, and the point is kind of moot.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2012, 10:57:29 pm »

If I might point something out, I'm rolling up the next round, and the point is kind of moot.
This is a bad sign.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2012, 10:58:01 pm »

Let me out and put me on trial.

Everyone hates me because I refused to let player knowledge affect my character's actions.

Double-ninja'd AGAIN! It does sound ominous...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2012, 11:02:41 pm »

WELP.

Let me out and put me on trial.
Now you're just trying to weasel your way out of it.

Everyone hates me because I refused to let player knowledge affect my character's actions.
As they've said, it seems unlikely that dwarves wouldn't know anything about adamantine or what it conceals. You've also been keen on not fixing the problem you created, which is a large part of it. Finally, they might be willing to sacrifice one dwarf to save literally everyone anyway, whether they should have known better or not.

Mainly the first two, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2012, 11:06:06 pm »

I've been running.
I've been suggesting you guys take three to five seconds to let me pass, then put me on trial.

JUST GIVE MY DWARF A FEW SECONDS TO WALK PAST THE WALL.

And how would Ūben know about the dangers of adamantine?
Because of hereditary tales of forts laid low before the wrath of the demons, for the sin of abusing Armok's gift.
But those tales have not existed, in-universe, in ANY version of Dwarf Fortress to date.
In general, this game sticks to DF, so we should assume it's like DF.
Anyways, surely the GM would have mentioned such apocalyptic tales?
GM's word is law, so we should trust it.
They know what adamantine is. They declare praise the miners. Thus, logically, they know about adamantine and the awful consequences it can have. Also, just because the GMs word is law doesn't mean the GM has to declare absolutely everything. Did (s)he have to say dying means you make a new char? That mining gets rid of stone? That you can make things from stone and wood?
1. They say, "Praise the miners!", indicating joy, not something like "Run for your Life!", indicating terror.
2. Did the makers of the first gas-burning stove or steam engine or diesel engine or automobile know that they were contributing to global warming? No. Just because you now one thing doesn't mean you now everything.
3. The GM doesn't need to say obvious stuff, but important, unclear stuff (if dwarves know about adamantine's inhabitants) should be mentioned.
Sig

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2012, 11:08:29 pm »

Wow. This round might have brought together a record number of sixes. And not for the dwarves.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2012, 11:10:39 pm »

Rationality has gone out the window. I side with IronyOwl and dedicate that miner to death.

Because you just HAD to mine the candy WITHOUT thinking of a fallback maneuver.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2012, 11:10:59 pm »

Yep. Any developed dwarf civilization would logically know about HFS. That fossil fuel analogy was massively flawed. HFS isn't something that happens over centuries of use of the material, it happens within days. Dwarfs know what adamantite is, ergo they know what happens when you dig out too much. Dwarfs are stupid and greedy, do you really think that anything would keep them from mining it out until they encountered hell? And once that happens, they realize what's hidden there... and keep mining it out anyways, because as above: greedy and stupid.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2012, 11:14:46 pm »

Naah FD, they all die too much to tell the tale of HFS OR they go mad enough to NOT tell about HFS.

So sayeth the spoiler on the wiki and my surprise when I first saw it.

Also, slade. You know slade? No? My point exactly.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 11, 2012, 11:19:07 pm »

Naah FD, they all die too much to tell the tale of HFS OR they go mad enough to NOT tell about HFS.

So sayeth the spoiler on the wiki and my surprise when I first saw it.

Also, slade. You know slade? No? My point exactly.

Except for all the worlds with player fortresses that successfully seal or combat HFS. What happens in those after the player stops playing? Dwarfs that know about HFS, yeah.

Spoiler: And I actually do. (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2012, 11:19:54 pm »

Well, you knew what candy is.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2012, 11:22:14 pm »

So do the dwarfs in most of my successful fortresses. That's at minimum 10,000 or so individuals spread across dozens of worlds. And that's just mine.

3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 11, 2012, 11:22:45 pm »

Cassandra: Do we know what lies BENEATH the candy?

I mean, our dwarves may just have thought of it as the rare metal, akin to Mithril of Tolkein's days, and not of the danger on why it's so deep in the earth?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20