Yakdoomed
- 5 (26.3%)
Damnedyak
- 3 (15.8%)
Yakshatter
- 2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: RTD (Roll to Dwarf): The OOC Thread  (Read 18767 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD (Roll to Dwarf): The OOC Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 11, 2012, 09:40:16 pm »

Do the dwarves know demons can't use picks?
And are you guys so callous as to let my dwarf die instead of giving him 3-5 seconds to get past the wall he's right next to?
They know what blue metal is, so presumably they know about demons. And, they likely aren't even thinking about that. All they're thinking about is that there's demons down there, and the wall was just broken.

One dwarf, to greatly reduce the possibility of demons getting into the fort and destroying the dwarves and all they hold dear? Seems like a good trade.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 11, 2012, 09:54:10 pm »

And are you guys so callous as to let my dwarf die instead of giving him 3-5 seconds to get past the wall he's right next to?
We would be more than happy to let him die to the demons he unearthed instead of giving them a chance to get into the fortress with him so he can wall himself into the forges, yes. I'm not really sure why that'd even be a question.
Walling himself into the forges is to protect from demons. If it concerns you, I'll remove that part but let my dwarf live!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 11, 2012, 09:55:12 pm »

We would be more than happy to let him die to the demons he unearthed instead of giving them a chance to get into the fortress with him so he can wall himself into the forges, yes. I'm not really sure why that'd even be a question.
Walling himself into the forges is to protect from demons. If it concerns you, I'll remove that part but let my dwarf live!
It's the dwarf or the fort. We've got a choice, and we're going for the fort.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2012, 09:56:30 pm »

YOU DON'T NEED TO WALL ME IN WITH TTGE DEMONS
Editing in proof:
So, as it stands.. If Flying succeeds, and GWG succeeds, but Spinal doesn't, the demons are sealed and the miner lives.
GM's word is law, so we should trust it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:58:31 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2012, 09:58:24 pm »

YOU DON'T NEED TO WALL ME IN WITH TTGE DEMONS.
Don't worry, the yak overlords will be appeased with your noble sacrifice.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2012, 09:59:06 pm »

I DON'T WANT TO BE SACRIFICED.

DAMMIT, IF I DIE MY GHOST WILL TEACH THE DEMONS HOW TO MINE!
Sig

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2012, 10:00:02 pm »

YOU DON'T NEED TO WALL ME IN WITH TTGE DEMONS.
Where else would we wall them? It's going to be easier to rebuild what's already partially there than to build a whole new wall.

I DON'T WANT TO BE SACRIFICED.

DAMMIT, IF I DIE MY GHOST WILL TEACH THE DEMONS HOW TO MINE!
Oh, and if you didn't want to die, why'd you dig into the adamantine without any sort of protection?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 11, 2012, 10:02:42 pm »

JUST GIVE MY DWARF A FEW SECONDS TO WALK PAST THE WALL.

And how would Ūben know about the dangers of adamantine?
Sig

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2012, 10:04:14 pm »

Because of hereditary tales of forts laid low before the wrath of the demons, for the sin of abusing Armok's gift.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 11, 2012, 10:10:28 pm »

Because of hereditary tales of forts laid low before the wrath of the demons, for the sin of abusing Armok's gift.
But those tales have not existed, in-universe, in ANY version of Dwarf Fortress to date.
In general, this game sticks to DF, so we should assume it's like DF.
Anyways, surely the GM would have mentioned such apocalyptic tales?
Sig

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 11, 2012, 10:13:17 pm »

But those tales have not existed, in-universe, in ANY version of Dwarf Fortress to date.
They know what adamantine is. They declare praise the miners. Thus, logically, they know about adamantine and the awful consequences it can have. Also, just because the GMs word is law doesn't mean the GM has to declare absolutely everything. Did (s)he have to say dying means you make a new char? That mining gets rid of stone? That you can make things from stone and wood?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 11, 2012, 10:19:46 pm »

They know what adamantine is. They declare praise the miners. Thus, logically, they know about adamantine and the awful consequences it can have. Also, just because the GMs word is law doesn't mean the GM has to declare absolutely everything. Did (s)he have to say dying means you make a new char? That mining gets rid of stone? That you can make things from stone and wood?
1. They say, "Praise the miners!", indicating joy, not something like "Run for your Life!", indicating terror.
2. Did the makers of the first gas-burning stove or steam engine or diesel engine or automobile know that they were contributing to global warming? No. Just because you now one thing doesn't mean you now everything.
3. The GM doesn't need to say obvious stuff, but important, unclear stuff (if dwarves know about adamantine's inhabitants) should be mentioned.
Sig

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2012, 10:21:58 pm »

Can we please stop with the argument and wait for the rolls.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 11, 2012, 10:27:07 pm »

Here's my view.
If you let my miner out before sealing the wall--three to five seconds--you keep the miner and seal out the demons.
If you don't, he'll break the wall again, and you might have the miner AND the demons. Or maybe just the demons.
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2012, 10:28:31 pm »

Let's just assume Spinal's character hates you.
He's actively trying to let demons kill you.
Happy now?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20