Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 227838 times)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2012, 08:37:49 pm »

just tell him we had help on our end, and that he can keep the wizard. ask what year it is.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2012, 08:41:44 pm »

What we want is to ensure our race's survival.
Now, it could be in Leghorn's best interest that we survive.  We are fairly powerful, he has to admit.  And we would be the patriarch of an entire race.  All he needs to do is help us find a mate.
Then, he'll have a powerful and ancient race to help him, and then we'll have
A. A guide.
B. A wife
C. A teacher

Just to clarify, the wife doesn't have to Esmeralda.  I doubt he would allow us to do so anyway.

Offer to help Foghorn with what he is doing if he helps us recreate the species. Do mention Esmeralda would be safe.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2012, 08:58:20 pm »

Admit we had help, and say we were afraid of what the wizard would do to us. We're a hunted species, after all--and by no fault of our own!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2012, 08:59:33 pm »

Now, it could be in Leghorn's best interest that we survive.  We are fairly powerful, he has to admit.  And we would be the patriarch of an entire race.  All he needs to do is help us find a mate.
A. A guide.
B. A wife
C. A teacher

Just to clarify, the wife doesn't have to Esmeralda.  I doubt he would allow us to do so anyway.

Offer to help Foghorn with what he is doing if he helps us recreate the species. Do mention Esmeralda would be safe.

Might be best not to bring... conversion up in casual conversation. He might take it as a threat.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2012, 09:14:38 pm »

A. A guide.
B. A wife
C. A teacher

Might be best not to bring... conversion up in casual conversation. He might take it as a threat.

He shouldn't.  If we wanted to convert her, we could have done so already.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2012, 09:19:49 pm »

still, that aspect of our abilities isn't something we should go reminding people about.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2012, 09:31:08 pm »

You sigh and start explaining your quest, but Foghorn suddenly starts swearing. He it seems he has forgotten to focus on breaking your spell on his sleeping foe, and that his progress has been reset. "Well don't just stand there boy, I say help me untangle this spell so we can kill him!"

With a nod you get to work along side the wizard. Your critically successful spell is a pain in the ass to break, and by the time the two of you finish, it is night again. Foghorn then casualy executes Phyros by slowing down his respiratory system while speeding up the rest of his body, causing the poor old man to suffocate in under five seconds. 1d20 = 5 + 9(His Skill) + 4(Your skill) - 2(Dealing with a critical spell) = 16

Foghorn whipes the sweat from his brow and you pick back up with your story. "My father sent me here, to the future, with a powerful ritual. Many virgins were sacrificed. How far forward did I go?"

The wizard counts on his fingers and scratches his head. "Either 875 or 912 years. I get the date of the night troll genocide and start of the second werebeing war mixed..."

"I don't remember a second werebeing war... it must have been 875..."

Foghorn produces a pipe from his pocket and sets about stuffing it with herbs. "Trust me, not alot has changed. The humans, goblins, and dwarves have some fancy new toys. But thats about it. Everybody still hates everybody. And everybody still fears the night."

You take a deep breath and cut to the chase. "Do you think I could serve you for awhile, until I figure things out? I never hunted on my own before... All I ask in return is that you help me find a mate when the time comes." 1d20 = 8 + 1(Skill) = 9

The wizard considers your offer for a second. "I don't think I'm comfortable with that idea. I have several daughters, a couple of whom I'm actually rather fond of. Its not that I don't trust you, its that I don't trust your instincts. I'll tell you what though... If you make a name for yourself, and let me take credit for conjuring you here, it would do wonders for my reputation as the most vile warlock in the land. If you do that for me, I'll let you live in this tower and send you support in the form of supplies and advice from time to time."

Foghorn offers a pale human hand. "What do you say boy, we have a deal?"

"Errmm...."

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2012, 09:33:40 pm »

Hmmm... well...
We aren't responsible for getting us here.
May as well accept.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2012, 09:36:49 pm »

Agreed.

Ask about these "new toys."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2012, 09:39:49 pm »

This is a perfectly fine deal. We can find our own wife later.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2012, 09:42:49 pm »

Agreed.

+1

These toys may be anything from new swords to WMDs on wheels. We must know.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2012, 12:46:55 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agreed.

You reach out and accept Foghorn's handshake. "Yeah. I can work with that. You said you would offer me advice, can you throw information as well? I'd like to know about these new toys."

Foghorn smiles. "The humans have these things called muskets. They look like crossbows without arms and shoot little balls of metal that move fast enough to break the skin and mess up your insides. The projectile is smaller than that of a bow or crossbow, and concealed until the moment it is fired, which makes it a pain in the ass to slow down with Eon Manipulation. Their main boon however is that they are easier to use than bows."

The Wizard bites his tongue. "The dwarves and some of the richer human settlements use better muskets called 'rifles'. The range on a rifle is nasty, it can nail a mage from outside his effective casting range easily. The wealthy settlements also use huge brass golems that spit steam - Some of them have huge projectile launcher built in!"

Foghorn and Esmeralda talk with you for another 30 minutes or so, working out what you and your new tower need to be successful. They promise to send your first care package in the next 2 or 3 days. You are told that there is no rush to make a name for yourself, and that Foghorn will hold off on bragging about you until you send word that you feel confident in the tower's defenses. You learn that Foghorn and his family live in the Wizard Tower you saw in the mountains from the roof.

Eventually the mortal casters bid you farewell, and take their leave. The night is young and you are well rested. What do you do?

"Welcome to the first night of the rest of my life..."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2012, 01:23:30 pm »

Re-posting the Tower's Surroundings, just in case you guys need inspiration...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2012, 01:32:56 pm »

We can prowl about the forest, and leave some mutilated animals and animalmen so that hunters would find them.  That's one way to make them fear the night.  It could also distract them.  We murder a few hunters, make the men come out in force to stop us.  We then head to town, and have our pick of converts.

Or, we could practice our magic.  It is still fairly weak, and magic is one of our specializations.  It's our most powerful asset, really.  But so far, we've only used it to tie up a sleeping old man.  We can definitely improve on that, so that it becomes a viable combat tactic.  The old caster might be able and willing to help us.

We could go straight out for the town, to scout it out and pick a wife so that we may be assured our line continues, but that is risky, as we are still pretty weak.  Biggest advantage of this plan is that they will have no idea we exist until then.  Downside is that we will be woefully unprepared to face a siege against our tower.

Dracken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2012, 01:57:31 pm »

We can prowl about the forest, and leave some mutilated animals and animalmen so that hunters would find them.  That's one way to make them fear the night.  It could also distract them.  We murder a few hunters, make the men come out in force to stop us.  We then head to town, and have our pick of converts.

Or, we could practice our magic.  It is still fairly weak, and magic is one of our specializations.  It's our most powerful asset, really.  But so far, we've only used it to tie up a sleeping old man.  We can definitely improve on that, so that it becomes a viable combat tactic.  The old caster might be able and willing to help us.

We could go straight out for the town, to scout it out and pick a wife so that we may be assured our line continues, but that is risky, as we are still pretty weak.  Biggest advantage of this plan is that they will have no idea we exist until then.  Downside is that we will be woefully unprepared to face a siege against our tower.
Ok,i believe i've a simple solution for this,practice our magic,while upgrading the towers defences,also do we have any knives or bladed weapons Weirdsound?
Hang on, you want us to be nice to the people??  You do realize that this is the bay12 forums, right?

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 143