Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 223100 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2012, 02:05:57 pm »

Inventory:
An Elf Tooth Charm Necklace (Worn)
A Brown and Green Ritual Cloak (Worn)
-3 Slices of Goblin Jerkey (In inside cloak pocket)
-1 Flask of Oil (In inside cloak pocket)
-1 Flint Fire-starter Kit (In inside cloak pocket)
-1 Pair of Forceps (In inside cloak pocket)
-1 Handheld mirror (In inside cloak pocket)
"I can't fit much more in my pockets. Perhaps I should find a bag or something soon..."

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2012, 02:07:17 pm »

There is also a mess of items you can search on the first floor.

Dracken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2012, 02:31:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anybody have something to add?
Hang on, you want us to be nice to the people??  You do realize that this is the bay12 forums, right?

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2012, 03:29:17 pm »

we don't need knives, we have our arm blades, and we know how to use them. also, we know that there are a few scrolls on fire magic in the tower. If we find some, lets use a fast time field to study them quickly.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2012, 03:33:13 pm »

Actualy due to issues with vote counting you have neither blade arms nor unarmed combat skill.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2012, 03:37:24 pm »

oh, whoops. carry on then
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2012, 03:43:49 pm »

Yeah, we don't have any weapon skill.  We may as well stick to what we know, and become a beast at spells.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2012, 04:16:55 pm »

I think we're going about this the wrong way.

Instead of immediately fortifying the tower and making it obvious that something is up, we should cast an illusion with our dark magic that makes us look like Pyrost and pretend to be Pyrost until we're settled in.

We should definitely take an inventory of our tower and gather together all the weapons and spellbooks. We should practice our spells. Later on, we can take over an animalman tribe.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2012, 04:21:51 pm »

Instead of immediately fortifying the tower and making it obvious that something is up, we should cast an illusion with our dark magic that makes us look like Pyrost and pretend to be Pyrost until we're settled in.

We should definitely take an inventory of our tower and gather together all the weapons and spellbooks. We should practice our spells. Later on, we can take over an animalman tribe.
Yeah, why the hell not.
But put a lot more emphasis on magic than on regular weapons.  We're not very good with them, and there's no real point in learning them.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2012, 04:45:32 pm »

Yeah, why the hell not.
But put a lot more emphasis on magic than on regular weapons.  We're not very good with them, and there's no real point in learning them.

Magic that involves throwing fireballs can't save you from a soldier with a sword at point blank(without roasting yourself). It's always helpful to have a melee weapon on hand.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2012, 04:47:42 pm »

Magic that involves throwing fireballs can't save you from a soldier with a sword at point blank(without roasting yourself). It's always helpful to have a melee weapon on hand.
To be fair, we aren't learning fireballs.  We're learning how to slow down that soldier to the point where he completely freezes, walking behind him, and taking his belt off and strangling him with it.  That kind of magic.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2012, 05:19:19 pm »

the description on our tattoos does say something about "magic fatigue" so having a backup fighting style might be good. Right now, however, magic is our greatest ability, especially with said tattoos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2012, 06:28:28 pm »

I think we should be focusing on non-combat methods of dealing with people. Practice hypnosis, use diplomacy, etc.

Practicing and studying magic sounds good. Maybe ask Foghorn if we could borrow a tome.

Oh, and find a bag.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2012, 08:36:43 pm »

I think we should be focusing on non-combat methods of dealing with people. Practice hypnosis, use diplomacy, etc.
Oh yeah, we have hypnosis!  We can practice on rats or animalmen or something!
Oh, and find a bag.
This is necessary, and quite obvious.  I don't know how I forgot about it.
Practicing and studying magic sounds good. Maybe ask Foghorn if we could borrow a tome.
Yeah, I think he said he'll bring us whatever it is we need next month or something.

So yeah, basically I (+1)'d what you said.  But in depth!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2012, 10:37:07 pm »

+1
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 143