Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14392 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 12: Ouch, poor wald
« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2012, 08:15:45 am »

((Bump))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2012, 11:43:06 am »

Yeah sorry, I have had a bunch of problems in getting the turn up (most notably misplacing the dice I have been using to roll for this game). It will be done in a few hours.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2012, 12:09:46 pm »

((Use Online Dice Rollers?

I understand the sentimental value of personal dice though.))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2012, 06:43:10 pm »

Turn 13
Where nothing of especial import happens

"WELL. AT LEAST IT WORKED. IF NOT ON THE RIGHT PERSON."

Remove my elephantiasis limb. Find a convenient body of water. SWIM!
[5-1] Lacking a convenient weapon with which to take your arm off, you decide to use remove limb to get it off. You cast the spell, and it explodinates off. After you stop screaming from the pain of removing the gangrenous growth, you decide to look around of a convienient body of water.
You are now missing 1 limb.
[6] You wander around a bit, and although you are unable to find a open body of water, are able to find what appears to be a bathhouse. You walk in and go to wash the water off, but before you can wash off the filth, are greeted by a trio of men in suits. The middle one says "Eh, you don't look like part of The Family eh, and you certainly don't look like you are worthy of bathing at this fine establishment eh, even if you were part of The Family, eh."

"Oh, don't be like that Vennix, he didn't mean any harm." Ssrah cooes, gently petting her headdress into a hopefully calmer state before entering the Drunken Lantern.

"Yess, I would like ssomething to eat pleasse.  Oh yess, and keep your handss away from the headdresss.  Sshe can be so tempermental, can't you?"

Consume the Essence to gain Willpower while waiting for food.  Begin multi-turn action of formulating a localized Paralytic Poison Spell.
[4] You pet your headdress and try to calm it down, and it seems to relax and make a snoring noise. It seems to be sleeping, but you have no clue if that will last very long.
[3] You sit down and ask for food, but the barkeep informs you that you have to pay first.
[4,2] You consume the essence, and note that it tastes like hickory smoke. It wasn't as tasty as it could have been, but it was still fairly filling.
You gain 3 permanent willpower.

You formulate some on a new spell for next turn, although you think you might have wanted to save the essence for creating the actual spell.
(You get a +1 to learning a new spell next turn)
((Hey, looks like nearly all of us have a crazy-ass item now!))
"Damnit. Why do we all split up again?"
Karsten then enters the Drunken Lantern and aks the innkeeper about those strange walkways and if he knows anything about a "Nightmare Factory"
"Yeah, there are a bunch of nasty places up there that it is probably best to avoid, although there are all the standard tales of treasures and such if you are crazy enough to try to explore them. I haven't personally heard about the nightmare factory, but that isn't really surprising, I haven't been up there in a decade, and up there outside of the civilized areas things sometimes change when no one is around. It is entirely possible that this 'factory' has just been around for a few weeks".

Karn sighs and keeps running after the urchin. Why do they need to make it so difficult?
"Please stop and return my shield, it is needed by me."

Politely ask for shield, if request isn't answered then take it anyway.

If successful, proceed to search for Hikari.

"Please stop and return my shield, it is needed by me."
He laughs and keeps running.
[5] You race after the urchin, and although he would usually far outpace you, the heavy shield he is holding on to unbalances him, and he trips and falls. As he gets up he sees you coming up behind him and drops it, then runs over to a building and climbs onto a roof.
[4] You run back to the bar, and run through the building where Hikari chase the Ice Man into, and through the broken window, but you aren't quite sure where they went from there.

"Safe."

Find some house with nice people in it. Ask if I can rest, and offer to help some when I wake up.
Then, rest and heal.

[2] You look around for a place to stay, but can't find anywhere to stay, the inns in the new town all appear to be full for some kind of festival starting up in a few days.
[2] You then sit down at a bench and try to heal for a few minutes, but before you can even begin to recover a guard walks over and shouts "Oy, go back to the slums vagrant".

"Stand back everyone!"

{Focused} VINDICATION > IceMan!

Try to move towards him, expend extra willpower to ensure that my attack isn't interrupted by my movement if possible.

You order everyone nearby to stand back, but they don't really pay much attention to what you say since they are already a fair distance away from you
[5-1] You then move closer to him for some reason and cast vindication. [3+1v2] It appears to have been the last straw for him, and he slowly melts into a puddle.
((You could have empowered the run action, but I don't know if you would have wanted to spend 5 willpower on that, especially seeing as it wasn't really necessary in the first place))

Spoiler: Current Reality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karsten, Elven Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jovian the Brave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ssrah of the Dunes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karn, Knight of Sigils (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hikari Tora ; Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Some big mechanics changes planned for next turn, notably upping health to 100, increasing damage and armor (but not to scale, you probably won't take more then 20 damage from any attack (besides a 6v1 or similar), but armor and healing will be weaker/slower as well).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 13: Where nothing of especial import happens
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2012, 07:08:38 pm »

Glare at the guard, then find a less busy area to heal in.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2012, 08:41:38 pm »

LEARN 'DAT SPELL!  Afterwards, check for currency in my *ahem* pockets.

((I realize this probably won't work, but meh, I gotta try.  And I also wanted to be able to modify myself in a house or something for funsies.  This is the best of both worlds.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2012, 08:55:45 pm »

"Hmm...great. No more eminent danger to this reality as I know of. Now to regroup, but first..."

Search Ice Man remains for any aspect of the anomaly essence. If any is found - hold onto it. If none: Try to modify my longsword to a more wield-able form.

Nevertheless, return to last known location of group.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2012, 10:25:54 am »

"I APOLOGIZE FOR INTRUDING IN THIS FINE ESTABLISHMENT, BUT I AM IN DIRE NEED OF SOME WASHING, AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE. PERHAPS YOU WILL ALLOW FOR AN EXCHANGE OF SERVICES? I TAKE A BATH, AND IN RETURN I CAN PROVIDE A SERVICE?"

Ask! If they prove to be savage barbarians that won't listen to reason, attempt to cartwheel away on my 12 arms!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2012, 11:20:33 am »

((The Bone Shield isn't missing anymore, by the way.))

Karn shrugs and decides to follow Akari. Not much to be done, after all...Aside from trying to heal himself, that is.

Follow Akari, try to heal self.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 15, 2012, 12:21:38 pm »

((I'm returning to where you are. :P))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 15, 2012, 01:41:36 pm »

"Say, mister Lantern, do you have any idea where i could find some armor? Like Chainmail?"
Ask about where i could find a place to buy armor. Try to make some coins to pay for it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2012, 05:54:44 pm »

"I APOLOGIZE FOR INTRUDING IN THIS FINE ESTABLISHMENT, BUT I AM IN DIRE NEED OF SOME WASHING, AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE. PERHAPS YOU WILL ALLOW FOR AN EXCHANGE OF SERVICES? I TAKE A BATH, AND IN RETURN I CAN PROVIDE A SERVICE?"

Ask! If they prove to be savage barbarians that won't listen to reason, attempt to cartwheel away on my 12 arms!
Wait, since when do you have twelve arms?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 15, 2012, 06:31:51 pm »

Ever since I was stupid and let him have 13 limbs even though I said that different species had no effect. :-/

((The Bone Shield isn't missing anymore, by the way.))
Fixed in next turn.

EDIT:
localized Paralytic Poison Spell.
I assume that means single target?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:50:24 pm by lemon10 »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 16, 2012, 12:05:20 am »

Correct Sir Lemon!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2012, 07:20:10 am »

Wait, since when do you have twelve arms?

((Thirteen-armed starfish. One arm missing.))
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19