Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14424 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 11: Boo, 1/3652ths of the way to turn 40172
« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2012, 12:16:27 am »

((Please don't tell me there's a -1 at using my sword in a mundane way. Poke poke. XD))
((OP, Mages get a -1 penalty to physical actions.))
((I'm swinging a sharp stick! D: What about a -1 to damage calculation instead? I mean, it's swinging...a sword. I get -1 to jumping over a mud puddle anyway, so there's that. Oh- Oh! And me trying to climb up a ladder, falling on my face and tail because of that -1! That works too!))
Yeah, you would probably get a autosuccess for jumping over a puddle or climbing a ladder (unless its a really big puddle or a really spooky ladder).
To clarify a bit more, you would get a -1 to any feat of strength or feat of agility (excluding dodging). Its a bit tricky on my part what exactly will give you a -1, running away probably wouldn't, but climbing up that massive tree to The Drunken Tiki would. Its kind of a case by case thing to determine what exactly would get you a penalty, but its usually fairly clear, especially in combat.
The main point of this rule was actually combat actions. If you are a mage you aren't quite as good in physical combat as the warriors, no matter what weapons you want to use. This is balanced out by the fact that you can zap them will spells instead of sticking them with your sword.
While you can just run up to them and hope you can stick them with the pointy end, being even a average fighter requires a fair bit more finesse or strength or training then that. You can probably take on any non-monster that isn't a trained fighter, but when you go up against something tougher or smarter, trying to 'stab it with the pointy end' won't be a very good strategy.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:19:20 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2012, 03:44:45 am »

(("But he's right in front of me and I'm tired!" D:

Got your point. GM discretion :)) ))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 09, 2012, 10:12:44 am »

((You could always try to make the villagers attack him.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 09, 2012, 10:17:58 am »

((You could always try to make the villagers attack him.))
* Hikari points at her paws with a flat expression.

(("The best I can shout is 'THIEF! THIEF!', to enact fear in the villages if I know my history correctly. They fear the magistrate - and harboring a criminal. That won't work here where they...keep their refuse everywhere."))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2012, 04:08:47 am »

Turn 12
Poor wald

"Gah, it'ss far to sstiff."  Ssrah says adjusting herself inside of the bikini trying to make it more comfortable.  "Better.  Now, what to do with thiss... thing. she says taking the headdress off.  In a moment it looks like an idea strikes her.

Alter the headdress to be composed of various poisonous plants, still alive preferably.  Ponder the creation of a new spell, one to inflict poison in a localized area, a paralytic poison perhaps slowly cutting off the air flow to it's victims.  ((Ponder, do not use essence on this action.))
[6] You animate your headdress, and now it is certainly alive. It starts to purr as you put it on, and one of the longer stems nuzzle your hand.
You walk back to the front of the inn pondering the creation of a new spell. As a paralyzing poison it should work just fine, although asphyixiation could be potentially problematic, especially with things to which breathing is optional.
A civilian passes by looking oddly at your headdress, and quick as a flash it strikes out and bites him on the neck. He starts to scream for a few seconds then collapses to the ground.
You now have a Rabid Poisonous Headdress.
Karn stares at the dress and stores it, and after moving to get his shield, also focuses his gaze on the thugs, as if unwilling to believe they really want trouble.
"I do not wish to fight."

Get shield back and return to the group. If they try to get trouble, ignore them if the shield was obtained. If it wasn't, then slap some of them around.
Try to recreate the naga's egyptian headdress.

[1]  You inform them of your desire not to fight, but before anything else can happen a urchin runs out and wrenches the shield out of the wall. You yell at him to stop, but he holds it over his head and just keeps on running. You try to start chasing the urchin, but the thugs fan out to block you, and try to put some hurt on you for ignoring them [2-1v5], but you beat them all down with the flat of your sword with a blow each.
You give an exasperated sigh and begin to sprint after the urchin.
((Please don't tell me there's a -1 at using my sword in a mundane way. Poke poke. XD))

"Gotcha!"

Hikari noticed the many other innocents nearby - though they were but younglings in this reality, existed. She readied her blade in both hands before deciding to lunge at the Ice Man and grapple the man down, if possible moving into a stabbing motion as the charge moves into the melee.

Also, watch for minute movements in enemy's body so as to not get evaded from.

((I assume watching minute movements means that you are using a focusing action))
[3-1+1+1v3] You lunge forward, but the Ice Man senses something off and turns around at the last moment, and your blade jabs straight into his hand on his working arm. (-1 to any actions with that arm, which stacked with his other status effect is a -1 to all arm actions)
It exhales [5v6-2] and a blast of freezing air blows you backwards into the wall knocking the wind out of you (-1 to any running actions next turn) and he starts to run away again.
"OH MY, THAT WAS SILLY OF ME! WHY ENCHANT MY LEG SLEEVES WHEN I COULD ENCHANT MYSELF? WAIT, WHY AM I COVERED IN VOMIT?"

Use essence to get a new ability: induce horribly painful and debilitating elephantiasis in a limb of my enemy. Practice on drunken elf.
[1] You consume the essense and shape your new-found energy into a spell to induce permanent elephantiasis in a enemies limb. You gesture at the elf. For a moment nothing happens, then to your horror one of your arms begins to grow and swell. You scream as an immense pain overtakes you. The elf walks over to you and looks worried. Then he [5v3-1] pukes on you again before passing out and falling onto your mutated arm. You scream some more.
On the bright side you last arm grows back,.
You learn Debilitating Elephantiasis.
You are now caked in layers of vomit.
You now have Debilitating Elephantiasis affecting one limb.
You lose 1 permanent willpower for learning a new spell.

"Sir, i recommend that you get the fuck out of here as soon as possible. I think you made Wald mad."
Karsten then turns to Waldemaar and says "Did you hear him? There are stairs inside the Lantern. That solves some problems."

((So i can enchant items with this essence, eh?))

Then he enchants the chainmail with the essence to protect against physical damage even better.
You start to warn the drunken elf off, but before you say anything, Wald gestures, one of his arms growing to a frightening size, before he collapses on the ground screaming, where the elf proceeds to vomit on him again. Then pass out.
Figuring that everything worked out fine for the poor elf, you decide to enchant your chainmail to make it more durable [1] but the energies you infuse it with appear to interact badly with something in the air. You quickly put it in your pack, figuring that you will only get to use it once, although you think that it will be immensely useful during the short period that you actually use it.
You now have Ephemeral chain-mail.
Head back to civilization.
((You might want to finish healing at some point, your ruined body status has been taking chunks out of your willpower (even though I haven't been explicitly pointing it out, although I probably should have), notably last turn when you had to dodge the attack from the giant in the tower))
[6] You head back from the tower in the direction you came, and although you think you get turned around a few times, manage to find your way back. You arrive at the outskirts of the city, and deciding that some slums don't count as civilization, you decide to go towards the more affluent areas of the city. It takes you quite a while to trudge through the desolate slums, but when you finally see armored guards patrolling the streets you decide that it officially counts as civilized.
Spoiler: Current Reality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karsten, Elven Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jovian the Brave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ssrah of the Dunes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karn, Knight of Sigils (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hikari Tora ; Tiruin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:39:13 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 12: Ouch, poor wald
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2012, 04:28:36 am »

"WELL. AT LEAST IT WORKED. IF NOT ON THE RIGHT PERSON."

Remove my elephantiasis limb. Find a convenient body of water. SWIM!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:44:52 am by Harry Baldman »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2012, 04:43:02 am »

"Oh, don't be like that Vennix, he didn't mean any harm." Ssrah cooes, gently petting her headdress into a hopefully calmer state before entering the Drunken Lantern.

"Yess, I would like ssomething to eat pleasse.  Oh yess, and keep your handss away from the headdresss.  Sshe can be so tempermental, can't you?"

Consume the Essence to gain Willpower while waiting for food.  Begin multi-turn action of formulating a localized Paralytic Poison Spell.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 06:12:46 am by V-Norrec »

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2012, 05:05:08 am »

Everyone's action that wasn't a combat action got either a 1 or a 6. Wow.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2012, 09:09:04 am »

((Hey, looks like nearly all of us have a crazy-ass item now!))
"Damnit. Why do we all split up again?"
Karsten then enters the Drunken Lantern and aks the innkeeper about those strange walkways and if he knows anything about a "Nightmare Factory"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2012, 02:20:58 pm »

((Hey, looks like nearly all of us have a crazy-ass item now!))
"Damnit. Why do we all split up again?"
Karsten then enters the Drunken Lantern and aks the innkeeper about those strange walkways and if he knows anything about a "Nightmare Factory"

"Watch out for the headdresss dear."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 10, 2012, 07:13:07 pm »

((I thought you only got one permanent willpower point per essence.))

Karn sighs and keeps running after the urchin. Why do they need to make it so difficult?
"Please stop and return my shield, it is needed by me."

Politely ask for shield, if request isn't answered then take it anyway.

If successful, proceed to search for Hikari.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 10, 2012, 09:07:41 pm »

"Safe."

Find some house with nice people in it. Ask if I can rest, and offer to help some when I wake up.
Then, rest and heal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2012, 02:06:43 am »

((You get 2d6/2 rounded down willpower per essence, so about 3 on average))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 11, 2012, 06:12:28 am »

((Oh, thought you said 5 somewhere, must have misread that.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2012, 09:47:54 am »

"Stand back everyone!"

{Focused} VINDICATION > IceMan!

Try to move towards him, expend extra willpower to ensure that my attack isn't interrupted by my movement if possible.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19