Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14396 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 13: Where nothing of especial import happens
« Reply #270 on: November 16, 2012, 10:50:07 am »

Ever since I was stupid and let him have 13 limbs even though I said that different species had no effect. :-/
((Now that I see it, that really poses a mechanics problem...))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 16, 2012, 10:58:41 am »

((Well, just multiply the amount of limbs lost and consider the fact that Waldemaar doesn't have any fingers.  I think it evens out. Well, you know, aside from the "having a prime number of limbs and no head" bit.))
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:15:07 am by Harry Baldman »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 17, 2012, 08:20:19 pm »

Urk, sorry for the delay. The turn will be done and posted within 7 hours, hopefully sooner.
((Well, just multiply the amount of limbs lost and consider the fact that Waldemaar doesn't have any fingers.  I think it evens out. Well, you know, aside from the "having a prime number of limbs and no head" bit.))
It doesn't really work well though, not just for losing limbs, but for having them broken or whatever. I admit its not as big of a problem since you heal naturally, but still its rather annoying.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 18, 2012, 06:05:58 am »

Turn 14
Eh, he says

Glare at the guard, then find a less busy area to heal in.
[6] You glare very very hard at the guard. Your glaring is on such a epic level that unbeknownst to you he gets a hernia. You stand up and go looking for another place to heal. A few minute later you see a park, which has the only grass you have ever seen. You find another bench and manage to completely heal your wounds up.
(-4 willpower, health max, ruined body removed).
LEARN 'DAT SPELL!  Afterwards, check for currency in my *ahem* pockets.

((I realize this probably won't work, but meh, I gotta try.  And I also wanted to be able to modify myself in a house or something for funsies.  This is the best of both worlds.))
[5] Your headdress continues to sleep.
[5+1] You re-purpose bits of your will and existence into another spell, it twists out of control just a little, but you manage to make what is quite certainly a very deadly poison spell.
You learn Paralytic Blast
(-6 max willpower)
[2] You search your vast multidimensional inventory, finding only a dozen toothpicks and a slightly moldy piece of cheese. You don't think the barkeep would accept either.
"Hmm...great. No more eminent danger to this reality as I know of. Now to regroup, but first..."

Search Ice Man remains for any aspect of the anomaly essence. If any is found - hold onto it. If none: Try to modify my longsword to a more wield-able form.

Nevertheless, return to last known location of group.

((Oh, I forgot to put the part about the essence being revealed last turn))
You pick up the essence and put it into your inventory.
[5] You start to head back to The Drunken Lantern, and meet up with Karn on his way to find you. You walk with him back to The Drunken Lantern.

((The Bone Shield isn't missing anymore, by the way.))

Karn shrugs and decides to follow Akari. Not much to be done, after all...Aside from trying to heal himself, that is.

Follow Akari, try to heal self.
Akari finds you , and you both walk back to the inn, where you sit for a few minutes and [3] manage to regain some of your health.
(+2 hp, -2 willpower)
"I APOLOGIZE FOR INTRUDING IN THIS FINE ESTABLISHMENT, BUT I AM IN DIRE NEED OF SOME WASHING, AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE. PERHAPS YOU WILL ALLOW FOR AN EXCHANGE OF SERVICES? I TAKE A BATH, AND IN RETURN I CAN PROVIDE A SERVICE?"

Ask! If they prove to be savage barbarians that won't listen to reason, attempt to cartwheel away on my 12 arms!
[2-2]"I APOLOGIZE FOR INTRUDING IN THIS FINE ESTABLISHMENT, BUT I AM IN DIRE NEED OF SOME WASHING, AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE. PERHAPS YOU WILL ALLOW FOR AN EXCHANGE OF SERVICES? I TAKE A BATH, AND IN RETURN I CAN PROVIDE A SERVICE?"
They listen to what you said, but the central suit shakes his head and says "Eh don't think you are showing proper respect for eh, The Family coming in here covered in vomit. I realize that as one of those starfish people you eh expect to be protected by the eh might of the empire, but you don't have any eh standing here. I think we need to eh teach you a lesson in proper respect". He puts his fingers in his mouth and whistles, and a dozen headless suits of armor materialize between you and the exit. He says to them "Eh, teach him a lesson". He whistles again and vanishes.
The other two people with him turn around and start to walk away without another word.

"Say, mister Lantern, do you have any idea where i could find some armor? Like Chainmail?"
Ask about where i could find a place to buy armor. Try to make some coins to pay for it.
[4] "Just call me Lantern please, mister is rather too stuffy for me. As for armor, you could find some very high quality stuff if you go into the inner city or to the treetops, but out here there isn't very much quality stuff. The closest forge is just down the street, but the quality isn't very good, and it isn't exactly the cheapest place for what you will get.
[3] You summon thirty coins, all with different faces on them, all in different languages, all in different sizes and all appear to be made of different metals.

Spoiler: Current Reality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karsten, Elven Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jovian the Brave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ssrah of the Dunes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karn, Knight of Sigils (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hikari Tora ; Tiruin (click to show/hide)

After some thought I decided to impose an soft action limit, so that people just doing one or two actions aren't at a disadvantage to people doing 3/4.
That said, if you are crazy enough you can now attempt to take an infinite amount of actions.
Every action after your first has a cumulative -1 penalty (so the third action will have a -2, and the forth a -3, but even if you take 4 actions your first won't have a penalty).
Multiturn charging now has to be the primary and secondary actions taken (so you can take other actions, but it will count as if it was your third action that turn, so it will have a -2).
You can only used 1 focused action in a turn.

Everyone has 100 health and 5 times as much willpower.
((I will probably chance willpower to be a multiple of 10 too eventually, but not for a long time))
Attacks are 5 times as strong, and healing is about 5 times as large as well.
Armor is three times as strong, and Karn's armor is a bit stronger (50% reduction then 7 block, so 14 damage will be 0).

Finally, I have been using some bizzare nonsensical system where timers end ticks right after or before your turns in a very confusing manner (which even I have had a hard time keeping straight), from now on all counting and removal of statuses will take place at the end of the turn.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:54:33 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says
« Reply #274 on: November 18, 2012, 06:37:20 am »

"OH, BOLLOCKS."

Focused action: CARTWHEEL AWAYYY! Through the suits of armor, if necessary.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:08:24 pm by Harry Baldman »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 18, 2012, 07:02:57 am »

"Thanks, i'll be on my way."
Head into town and try to find a good armor shop where i can find some chainmail. Buy chainmail with random coins.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 18, 2012, 09:58:26 am »

((I believe you should mean 'full actions' in referring to the limitation given :P Checking the ol' RTDs, there were things like full turn/half turn actions and the like.))

"So...Karn." Hikari started, "I've found this essence of that last slave of the anomaly and I was wondering...seeing your capabilities as a Knight of the Blade-"

She held up her longsword.

"Could you imbue this one to be specifically reactive to a...'mage', as you people call it?"
Mageblade?
No...well, perhaps?

"Using this essence?"

Manifest my personal orb which-perhaps-must-be-special-to-me-in-some-way-significant.

Propose an upgrade of my Longsword with Karn's aid with the use of that essence. Empower his action!

Spoiler: Hikari Tora ; Tiruin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:13:20 pm by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:46 am »

Ask around about....uh...Captain Light or whatever his name was.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 12: Ouch, poor wald
« Reply #278 on: November 18, 2012, 01:10:07 pm »

((@GM: I had forgotten to ask, but is the Masterwork Chaste Dress at least elegant? :P))

The knight blinks as he hears Hikari's request.
"I'd be most honoured to make something of use for you, miss Hikari."

Karn accepts both Essence and longsword and starts to focus his mind on the task; he imagines the blade, the steel of the longsword, transformed. Thin lines - as elegant and weaving channels across which energies can flow forth freely - are carved within the very essence of the metal while still avoiding change to its obvious properties.

His mind focuses on the design, on its potential and abilities, bringing from within the capability of adapting to its wielder, providing the strength and dexterity needed for it to be employed into battle to its fullest. The sword shall empower and assist, helping its owner bring its edge and force upon the enemies.

Karn's eyes spark with the fire of the forges of his soul as he concentrates on the design inside his mind. He may not fail.

Multi-Turn into creating a mage/spellblade for Hikari to use as a magical focus, capable of channeling magic into its blade and devoid of the usual penalties when it is used for physical attacks, consuming the Essence she has given for its construction.

If it happens to be possible to empower the creation as well, do it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:12:10 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 18, 2012, 06:04:26 pm »

((Well darn, should have charged it up another turn and then had more willpower >.>))

"Excuse me good sir, I appear to have been stolen from, I shall return later when I find the fiend and bring him to justice.

Leave the Drunken Lantern and go to that poison farm.  Talk to the own of said establishment about perhaps rendering my services in some way in exchange for local currency.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 23, 2012, 01:35:12 am »

Urk. Sorry for the huge delay. Will have the turn up within a few hours if I have the time, otherwise it will be up in ~12 hours.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]