Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [METALFRILLS] NO farming YES mods - Enlist Now!  (Read 14769 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: [METALFRILLS] NO farming YES mods - Enlist Now!
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2012, 10:24:58 pm »

Alright, the save got corrupted so I'll be starting over. If this fails j suppose I'll pass it to the next player.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2012, 08:49:01 am »

Ah, could I see my Dorf's description with the next update, whoever it may be? I feel like doing some fancy writing dealies but I wanna do it within the parameters of my dorf.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2012, 11:09:35 am »

Ah, could I see my Dorf's description with the next update, whoever it may be? I feel like doing some fancy writing dealies but I wanna do it within the parameters of my dorf.
nuff said.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2012, 05:36:01 am »

Any word, Golden?

edited to add: oh yeah, I have the save still, so I can give a (hopefully out of date) bunch of info to Man of Paper about his dorf:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That was current as of when the save passed hands.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:13:42 am by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2012, 07:26:32 am »

Oh man, this is going to be great. Thanks, Imp!

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2012, 08:09:28 am »

Dwarf me as Pan. Marksdwarf, if you please :)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2012, 08:32:11 pm »

I stopped being a lazy punk and got the save myself so I could do a somewhat accurate entry.

An excerpt from the Diary of Man of Paper, CFO and Classy Lady

The Shedim are finally dead. It will not be long before they scalp my sexy bald head though. We are all doomed.

Written in the margins is an exceptional image of Man of Paper and Giant Albatrosses. Man of Paper is surrounded by Giant Albatrosses. This image relates to the daydream of Man of Paper about Giant Albatrosses in Winter of the Year 161.

Last time I ran across o_O (Note to self: Study ancient Dwarven runes and decipher the meaning of this symbol) I got the feeling that she will be giving up her overseership. Shame, too. We need more strong female Dwarves. Though I do not approve of her keeping her hair. If we are to be equals we should appear to be males as well as act as such! I can only hope she chooses another woman to lead us to glory.

Regardless, I will need to make sure we have sufficient sarcophagi to bury our recent dead. I would rather count coffins than stinky bodies. They attract rats, disgusting vermin. But they will find us anyway. They always do. It would not be too bad if I had a nice hefty warhammer to smash their diseased, hairy, stinky, diseased, ugly, diseased bodies to a fine paste for the sabre-tooth tiger cubs to lick up. But they'll probably get killed by the Shedim too. Just like everyone else.

With my luck they will ignore the rats and let them gnaw on my strong bones.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2012, 08:48:53 pm »

My computer's charger is having really sucky issues, so skip me...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2012, 09:10:38 pm »

I will be so very amused if the majority of this fort's story happens outside of play.  It looks like Scruffy is next; cause no one else said they did I'm sending a PM to him to help make sure he notices soon as possible!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2012, 09:35:39 pm »

Since we're starting to run low on people I'll go down solidly for the spot after katana(?). I'll be pretty busy Mondays thru Wednesdays for the next eight or so weeks, but the rest of the days I'll be free, so while I may not respond immediately I will be able to do things in a timely manner.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2012, 09:41:27 pm »

Most community games consider needing a full week to finish your turn to be perfectly reasonable, and a bit more than a week with communication to be perfectly fine too.  Our OP has the full say though.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2012, 09:30:05 am »

I will be so very amused if the majority of this fort's story happens outside of play.  It looks like Scruffy is next; cause no one else said they did I'm sending a PM to him to help make sure he notices soon as possible!
I will start my turn tomorrow.

Edit: This place is confusing. The first thing I saw after starting the save was a bunch of stark raving mad merchants surrounded by corpses. Seems like someone trappe the wagons in the Depot with those cage traps :P
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:06:20 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2012, 09:32:50 am »

Granite
-Released the merchants

15th Granie
-Something appears to have destroyed our depot. There are flies everywhere.
-Everyone is a bit grumpy at the moment

-Ordered more bedrooms to be built. What was the designer drinking when designed them? Must have been good stuff
-Started digging for the caverns. We could use that moss.

1st Slade
-Caverns!
-We got another wave of migrants, which means more mouths to feed. If we only had a way to disposing of them..
I have to take a note of that and concider our options later on.

10th Slade
-We are drowning in garbage. Ordered the miners to make a garbage chute near the meeting hall.

12th Felsite
-Nothing special has happened. We seem to have enough food for now thanks to the insane caravan (still don't know why the depot was destroyed. Did the previous overseer order it to be deconned?)
-Started digging a large area of clay for cave flora in hope of getting atleast a few shrubs.
-The fort is full of corpses of our old workers. They deserve better than getting dumped on the floor.

13th Felsite
-Elves! As much as I hate them I suppose that we can make some kind of deal with their skinny little arses.

1st Hematite
-So much fish but no prepared food. Figured out that we didn't have a fishery.
-Seems like we didn't even have anyone with cooking enabled.

27th Hematite
-Some plebeian decided to go fey. He better make something useful or he will get booted from this dorfhole.
-Darn it, he was a bonecarver. We are going to end up with a kitten bone trumpet or something.

6th Malachite
-Kangoroo bone spear :P Darn idiot.

20th Malachite
-A warm stone! Hopefully we will get some magma forges up soon.
-Still haven't been able to craft precise tools for advanced mechanic production.

21st
-More migrants. We have build too much wealth. Now every hobo and plebeian is trying to get in. Crud.

15th Galena
-Goblins!
-Both a nephelim and human caravan. I wonder if more depots would help. Oh, didn't realize that they could use the same one

6th Timber
-Noticed that Scruffy was trapped and nearly starved and dehydraded to dead but luckily our favorite miner, GreatWyrmSteel came to rescue and released the poor sod.

18th Timber
-Dorfs and meowkin arrived.
-Urist Something mooded

3rd Moonstone
-Started building a hospital directly above the graveyard. Seemed like a good spot for effiency.

15th Moonstone
-Bought orichalcum! Now we can start theadvanced mechanism and workshop production.
-Found another cavern
-Still haven't found cavern water

Our weaponsmith failed a mood and went melancholic. Seems like he didn't have access to cut gems
-More stockpile space
-Expanding the fort is even a bit too easy with so many legendary miners. I hope that he wealth hasn't risen too much

20th Obsidian
-Nephelim and multiple hordes of goblins.
-Blood! Blood and dead goblins everywhere! Those nephelim are scary. I hope that we will never get on their wrong side.
*Shivers in horror*

24th Obsidian
-Undead! The goblins are walking! (again)
-Markdwarves, rain death on them! Defend the passage with your lives! The gates must hold!
*sounds of markdwarves dieing horrible deaths while the gates slam shut behind them*

25th Obsidian
-The maingate is closed but the hordes got inside. I recruited everyone with weaponskills to fend of the inviders.

Urist, the gates will hold back their main force for now. We must hold the passage back until help arrives! Onwards, to death! 
The nephelim! The nephelim are coming for our aid! Ready your axe, Urist! Tonight we fight and will drive the undead out! For the beard! CHARGE!

-Once again we were saved by the fearsome nephelim.
-Found the Necrodorf!

-The necrodorf was heading for the graveyard and the nephelim ignored it. Good that I moved the refuse piles and coffins deeper in the fortress. That saved us today.
-We lost many good dwarves this day. We were victorious but at a great (moderate) cost. (Well, no matter. Dorfs are a renewable source of labor.
-<something> of Zalkor stood alone against the undead and the necrodorf and held them back until the militia could arrive. <something> truly is a great hero. May his beard grow long and broad.
(He bit and latched on the necromancer and shook it around in the air while having his own arm ripped of by a zombie. A shame that he will most likely die of blood loss soon.)
-Most of the zombies should be dead. (well, dead dead, not living dead to be precise)

To the next overseer:

Open the gates. The lever is the left topmost one in the dining room.
Perhaps remove some of the reductant workshops
We need a better water source
The fort needs cats
And most importantly:
We need a better defence. The nephal thingies won't be around always.
Militia, traps, different trader passages that inviders won't path through etc. You get know what I mean.

Pictures coming soon
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7120
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:59:48 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2012, 09:45:23 am »

I want a grunt.

perhaps aturn... but Idk if I camn guarentee free time.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2012, 03:26:41 pm »

Someone should inform katana that it's his turn already.

..Hmm, I forgot the pictures

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8