Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: [METALFRILLS] NO farming YES mods - Enlist Now!  (Read 14754 times)

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
Re: [METALFRILLS] NO farming YES mods - Enlist Now!
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 08:06:38 pm »

Alright, I'll start on this bad boy tomorrow. It's gonna be odd not having farming :D

Oh, did you mod out the planting profession so that we won't get an useless planters?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can start right now. Dl'ing the save.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:02:02 pm by Megaman3321 »
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 12:41:23 am »

I took the super lazy way and modded out seeds.  The upside is it works, the downside is the occasional blank entry and "frozen unknown plant material gloves".  All our experienced herbalists are dead so you should probly assign one or two new full time ones and have them work on about an embarks worth of plants.  It does work fairly well though, plus caravans come every season and bring mountains of stuff. 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 10:09:53 pm »

Alright, I couldn't play today thanks to marching band. So far not much has happened, fortress is starving but no one's died yet. I'm kinda worried about a tantrum spiral, but some high-quality furniture should offset that. Expect a more full update tomorrow.
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 06:25:11 am »

Can I be dorfed as one of the new herbalists, whenever that's available?  Name the beard Imp if you would.

Preferably a single female, married is fine.  Male or child acceptable if that's what happens.

Either has or wants some sort of pet (eventually assigned war/hunting animal just fine if that happens).

Wants to become a wavebreaker some day.

Feel free to fill none of those requests, and I'll toss journal entries in as seems fitting.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 09:02:50 pm »

Alright, so here's what I have written so far (minus images); a lot happened in the first few minutes of playing.

1st Granite

With the removal of O_o from the position of overseer,  the duty of overseer falls on me through seniority. My first order of business as overseer?

[image]

Rooms. The housing district isn't large enough to support growth. I don't care if this is supposed to be a Type-IIa fortress or whatever, Type-Ic's were plenty fine.

Why are there beds next to the Trade Depot?
[image]

Doesn't matter.

3rd Granite
I've designated the crazy people for execution. Can't have them cluttering up our fortress.

5th Granite
I've taken the liberty of designating properly dwarven rooms for the people.

SHIT
[image]
HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!! (Kubuk the Commander lost his foot, and is bleeding profusely. Good news is that he's a skilled swordorf now, bad news is that he can't walk anymore.)

DRAFT THE MINERS!

Kubuk seems to be surviving against all odds; he may make it through this. I'm hoping he doesn't though.
I WANT TO BE WANT MILITIA COMMANDER.

The Nephal Swordswoman seems to be dying quite nicely.
[image] (She took an arrow to the foot, passed out from pain; the drafted miner is wailing away at its head to no avail.)

20th Granite

I have instructed the miners to begin digging into the caverns. As the resident wildlife expert, I believe that the fish and wildlife there could potentially sustain us indefintely. Unless we get sieged.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 12:52:10 pm »

(psst, images!)
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 07:17:46 pm »

Damn I knew it.  I dont know why our depot's broken but we may need a new entrance to it.  Stupid ramps. 

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012, 03:55:15 pm »

Welp, apparently playing DF on a Celeron was a bad idea. Long story short: processor is fried. Skip me.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 07:33:32 pm »

Do you have an intact save or do we restart from the end of mine? 

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 10:28:56 pm »

Fried processor + crazy prepared = intact save.

Few people, especially people who need to postpone showing screenies, are crazy prepared  ;)

'Sides, the crazy prepared poster would have offered that save in the 'skip me' post.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2012, 03:09:09 pm »

Good point.  GreatWyrm, the last 6 months of dwarftime never happened and you are up.  BTW, I figured out whats with our depot.  The cage traps I built block wagons.  Be sure they get deconstructed as soon as possible. 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2012, 03:14:32 pm »

I'll download ASAP and should have my first impressions up by this evening.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2012, 07:08:14 pm »

Good news! Once I figure out why DF won't work, I'll start!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2012, 09:04:40 am »

Great news! I've fixed DF! Somehow!

Edit: Wait, why can't I use the save? Is there something important other than the save file itself?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:07:27 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2012, 03:51:35 pm »

Just unzip it and run the df.exe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8