Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40

Author Topic: BYOR 10 - Game Over: Town/Survivor Win  (Read 76797 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 4: Six Men Enter A Bar..
« Reply #480 on: November 05, 2012, 02:11:59 pm »

Okay, that makes sense.
Bookthras, last time to claim.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 05, 2012, 07:37:03 pm »

Okay, that makes sense.

Oh, shut up. All three of you (Jim, Irony, TolyK).

At this point, the only ones I'm pretty close to sure are town are Hapah and Tiruin, since both actioned on me at the same night and neither was a kill, and their claims/actions seem consistent. I still think Jim is scummy, Irony is suspect on his claim to have noactioned while he was seen moving by TolyK, or TolyK may be lying to implicate him. Neither is clear.

So, let's leave it up to Tiruin and Hapah to decide who should be lynched.

By my action to decree this, it should be clear I really can't be scum (since I can do this, reflected Hapah, and have claimed a revive; that's clearly a survivor role), however if you both think I should be lynched to test the revive thing, I'll go along with it. On the other hand, I have cleared up the battlefield a bit so you guys may try to actually lynch some scum.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 05, 2012, 07:40:56 pm »

Oh, forgot to add: Unvote. Let's see what you guys come up with first.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 05, 2012, 07:42:56 pm »

Jesus H Christ Book, just claim your actions. I'm trying to piece together what the hell is going on, and I need more information. Since you think I'm town, fucking work with me on this.

Can you answer, or offer any insight, into ANY of the below?

-Was whatever caused the clusterfuck N2 a reflect, or randomization? It's a reflect, then?
-I'm guessing it had a percent chance? Can you post the wording?
-Did it do anything N3?
-Did you do anything that could have caused the Tolyk/IO contradiction N3?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 05, 2012, 08:23:57 pm »

Since you think I'm town, fucking work with me on this.
You're town, but I'm not: I'm a survivor, and the town seems pretty screwed, so it behooves my win condition not to antagonise the scum too much (unless they're trying to kill me - survival comes first), so if I'm cagey it's because it's required. I just want the game over with me alive as soon as possible; lynching me, burning my revive and going into night with still six people is not conducive to that end.

Let's instead lynch someone who will actually die; let's hope for town's sake it's a scum, but if not, that also works for me.

Can you answer, or offer any insight, into ANY of the below?

-Was whatever caused the clusterfuck N2 a reflect, or randomization? It's a reflect, then?
-I'm guessing it had a percent chance? Can you post the wording?
-Did it do anything N3?
-Did you do anything that could have caused the Tolyk/IO contradiction N3?
In order: a) that's what I said; b) no; c) can't say; d) no.

On other things, not game related: wuba: please Extend or mod-extend the game to Wednesday, as Tuesday is election day in the US, and those of the American persuasion amongst us may be off to do some actual voting instead of voting in here. It'd be nice if they didn't have to worry about this game ending without their input while they are standing in line for their civic duty.

(oh, and a vote count please)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 05, 2012, 09:10:23 pm »

TolyK
Quote from: Tiruin
TolyK
That might be a good idea, yeah. But I'm worried about Hapah's ability...
You're worried about everything.

Where is your anything to help you fix your worries?
What? I don't understand this question.
TolyK states he's worried about Hapah's ability. TolyK does nothing about it but state it.

Like I said, why are you worried about it. Nice long post, missed that note.

Also...

The most scummy imo are Irony and Book. It seems that he's firm in his decision to stay silent, so I'll vote Bookthras as well when Hapah answers my question.
Wut.

Blue is not a vote. Your claim doesn't make blue a vote. You FoS'd me and Book, but haven't voted at all before this. And then-

Okay, that makes sense.

Oh.

Still, why did you vote only now?

Bookthras
Why the unvote?

Dude, all we're asking is your claim. Perhaps the Mod has told you that you can't claim at all, in a sensible way as your restriction, aye? If you can't answer this straight, state a limerick for a yes and a single word for a no along with quoting this sentence...

Confusing hard.

By my action to decree this, it should be clear I really can't be scum (since I can do this, reflected Hapah, and have claimed a revive; that's clearly a survivor role), however if you both think I should be lynched to test the revive thing, I'll go along with it. On the other hand, I have cleared up the battlefield a bit so you guys may try to actually lynch some scum.
Because I can't get this at all :/

You have a revive. Ok. If you get lynched - nothing lost but a +1 life. You can reflect, seems so as Hapah targeted you (doesn't explain how I also targeted you if I targeted Hapah - magnet ability?)

Why can't you say if you did anything N3...when you did state that you "hid"? In prose form, may I point that out.

Also, survivor or not...you can be a Watcher and there is no way that can be proven but your word.

Going to continue this ~3 hours from now. Busy at work. Just want to drop this 'cause probable extend.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 05, 2012, 09:56:17 pm »

Expecting anything special from the votecount, Book? I was about to get to business about laying down a case, but if there's something odd coming I'd like to save the time, lol.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Night 3: Back To Black
« Reply #487 on: November 05, 2012, 10:04:57 pm »

Jim Groovester may no longer vote.

IronyOwl may no longer vote.

TolyK may no longer vote.

Votes Reset.

Vote Count
------------------------
IronyOwl -
Bookthras -
Hapah -
Tiruin -
TolyK -
Jim Groovester -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Hapah, Tiruin, Bookthras,

2 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 05, 2012, 11:42:22 pm »

...What the F-

BOOKTHRAS, TELL US WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE HIDING.

Damned hammer limits.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 05, 2012, 11:44:43 pm »

EBWOP:

Expecting anything special from the votecount, Book? I was about to get to business about laying down a case, but if there's something odd coming I'd like to save the time, lol.
What did you do with the votecount?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 06, 2012, 12:06:45 am »

I wish they fixed the preview button.

EBWOP ONCE MORE.

Since you think I'm town, fucking work with me on this.
You're town, but I'm not: I'm a survivor, and the town seems pretty screwed, so it behooves my win condition not to antagonise the scum too much (unless they're trying to kill me - survival comes first), so if I'm cagey it's because it's required. I just want the game over with me alive as soon as possible; lynching me, burning my revive and going into night with still six people is not conducive to that end.

Let's instead lynch someone who will actually die; let's hope for town's sake it's a scum, but if not, that also works for me.
Explain the orange lines, Bookthras.

If you were a survivor - why would the scum try to kill you? Also, if you were a survivor, why the cyclic thinking?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 06, 2012, 12:08:04 am »

I did what I said I did, but you called "confusing hard, can't get it at all". Read it again:

Okay, that makes sense.

By my action to decree this, it should be clear I really can't be scum (since I can do this, reflected Hapah, and have claimed a revive; that's clearly a survivor role). [...] On the other hand, I have cleared up the battlefield a bit so you guys may try to actually lynch some scum.
See?

Why the unvote?
Didn't know whether the votes would reset when I shoved the nuisances aside. If they hadn't, then your vote on Irony plus mine would be hammer; I didn't want to end the day, I wanted to give you two guys a chance to firm up your minds.

If you can't answer this straight, state a limerick for a yes and a single word for a no along with quoting this sentence...
     I'll instead unask
your very naive question
     with a mu haiku

You have a revive. Ok. If you get lynched - nothing lost but a +1 life.
Silly, that's a big loss for a survivor! Especially if Hapah decides to fire his doomsday device... I don't know what it does, but I'd prefer to have my revive intact just in case.

Also, survivor or not...you can be a Watcher and there is no way that can be proven but your word.
Think about it: a watcher would like the game to go on longer, and days without lynches are good for a watcher. I on the other hand want someone to actually die, so we come closer to resolution sooner. That makes me more likely a survivor than a watcher, yes?  Plus look at what you know of my role: hiding, removing votes, revives... there's a pretty strong survivor feel to it, yes?

About your other questions and Hapah's, I'll say this for the last time: I have claimed all I intend to claim. Deal with it. I have cleared the battlefield so you two can decide the lynch today - stop talking about me, and talk about finding scum and voting them so we can move on. Between the two of you you can lynch anyone you want. If by tomorrow you haven't come to a consensus and there is a 1-1 tie, I'll pick one of your targets and hammer them. That's all the help you're going to get.

It's up to you. Now get to it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 06, 2012, 12:20:56 am »

I did what I said I did, but you called "confusing hard, can't get it at all". Read it again:

Okay, that makes sense.

By my action to decree this, it should be clear I really can't be scum (since I can do this, reflected Hapah, and have claimed a revive; that's clearly a survivor role). [...] On the other hand, I have cleared up the battlefield a bit so you guys may try to actually lynch some scum.
See?
...It was in past tense and nothing happened before that.

So I guess you're trying to tell me that you did it when you're not explicitly saying you did it. And the wording in-context...

Meaning...either you've a restriction on giving straight information, or you're just playing with us.

If you can't answer this straight, state a limerick for a yes and a single word for a no along with quoting this sentence...
     I'll instead unask
your very naive question
     with a mu haiku

...Nevermind that.

Ok, so what we know of Book isn't his stubbornness. It's the restriction brought about by Ye Webadict.
Dude, all we're asking is your claim. Perhaps the Mod has told you that you can't claim at all, in a sensible way as your restriction, aye? If you can't answer this straight, state a limerick for a yes and a single word for a no along with quoting this sentence...

Spoiler: What restriction? (click to show/hide)

So now I suspect Jim for explicitly saying 'partial' meaning he knew something about your role, but then it wouldn't make sense for you two to be buddies as Jim would kill you, you reflected, then you'd hit yourself.

And as you can't answer straight, let my questions now be answered in a way that follows how you answered my first. Looking it all over, you've been...cooperative, while trying to hint us on it.

...Bah. English :I

About your other questions and Hapah's, I'll say this for the last time: I have claimed all I intend to claim. Deal with it. I have cleared the battlefield so you two can decide the lynch today - stop talking about me, and talk about finding scum and voting them so we can move on. Between the two of you you can lynch anyone you want. If by tomorrow you haven't come to a consensus and there is a 1-1 tie, I'll pick one of your targets and hammer them. That's all the help you're going to get.

It's up to you. Now get to it.
Why won't you vote anyone?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 06, 2012, 01:18:11 am »

Wall of text incoming before bed.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 06, 2012, 02:01:36 am »

What a twist! The no-vote people can still talk, I assume?

Well now, I guess it's time to lay out what I know, and my case. It's not much, unfortunately, but it's going to take up a fair bit of real estate anyway. Get a snack.

For what we know: Considering we've massclaimed, damn near nothing. It stems from the actions mostly, I guess. None of Tir's or Tolyk's actions are confirm-able. IO is claiming taking no actions at all, which strikes me as a little odd. Hell, we can't even make heads or tails of who people are actually using their damn abilities on, since Tir claims he targeted me N2 but supposedly ended up at Bookthras. Tolyk claims he saw IO visit Jim N3 (the night Jim was shot, no less), but IO claims he took no action at all. It's a pretty big mess.

For who I suspect: At the moment, it's Tolyk. I'll go into detail below, but I'd like as much feedback as people can give.

First things first: I'm going to put up his initial claim besides his final claim. Take a look below.
Spoiler: Initial Claim (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Final Claim (click to show/hide)
The two things that catch my eye are the facts that 1.) He did not initially claim his action targets and 2.) He managed to gain an entire ability between the two claims. Not un-redacted, not partially claimed to full claim, just completely fresh. I'm going to focus on the second one first.
Spoiler: My Thoughts (click to show/hide)
So, Tolyk. I'd like to know:
-Why you didn't claim Binary Bomb initially
-Why you thought using it N1 on someone who revived was the best course of action
-Why you kept casting suspicions on someone you supposedly poisoned
-What you're doing tonight, on who, in advance

Everyone: Thoughts?

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40